Why Couldn't We Have Played Liked That All Year?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Why Couldn't We Have Played Liked That All Year?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Postby The Skins Fan » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:49 pm

Well, I have to admit that Spurrier earned back a little bit of confidence this past week. You all have to admit that he's got a giant ego and it's not a secret that he's not the one to change things...Especially his offense that he would lay down and die for. However, this past week he did the biggest change of his entire coaching career--he benched himself. By letting Hue Jackson take over over 95% of the plays (or however many Jackson called) and bringing him out of the press box was something that definately caught me by suprise a little bit. I mean, who would have thought that we would be watching a game with the "OL' Ball Coach" known for his offensive genious wizadry not calling the offensive plays????? As a result, the Redskins played (in my opinion) their best game of the entire season (not including most of the first quarter) Yes, it's true it wasn't an ENITRE 60 minutes of good, solid football but they played their best quarters of the enitre year. Hue Jackson took it back to Old School NFC East Football--by grinding it out, open up play-action which let Coles and Gardner (who was actually holding onto the ball for once!!!!) which slowed down the pass rust--I mean I think Patrick Ramsey must have said "HOLY S***T I HAVE MORE THAN 2 SECONDS TO THROW THE BALL--I CAN ACTUALLY LOOK FOR AN OPEN RECIEVER!!!"
In conclusion, Why Couldn't We Have Played Like That All Year?!?! Let's face it folks, Seattle is no chump team...They're a first place team...And the Redskins flat out out-played and beat them...And nobody can say "well it was because of the injuries" b/c we were more injured than they were!!! Now we just can't let ourselves get all jumpy after one game because now it really shows who you are to do it again against the first place Panthers. Aside from that fact, after watching the game last week it put that little bit of excitement back into what this team can accomplish. I just hope it'll carry over to next week and the week after and the week after that all the way through the rest of the season so we win the remainder of our games, win the division and coast into the playoffs baby!!!!! GET OUT OF THE WAY STEPHEN DAVIS, CAUSE THIS TRAIN FINALLY GOT A ROLLIN' AND IT AIN'T A STOPPIN!!!!!!

p.s.- on the flip side of the coin, the last time I missed a Skins game was last year on my Honeymoon and that was b/c Orlando, Florida wasn't televising it and that was in a LOSS against the Giants and I'll be missing the game this week :( b/c of going out of town for with the wife for our anniversary :evil: so hopefully this time it'll change into a WIN!!!
Hail to the Redskins...Hail Victory!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football