Collection

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Pursuer of Justice

Collection

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:13 pm

Okay....I say we start a collection. I trust Boss Hog, so he can be treasurer.

Let's solicite all Redskins fans around the world. Each of us puts of $20-$30....and we buy the team from Snyder!

This team has gone down hill ever since that power-hungry mono-dimensional cartoon of a man took over.

I'm sick of it I tell ya, SICK OF IT!!!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:20 pm

I don't blame him. Truly I don't. He brought in someone who was heralded as one of the brightest offensive minds, paid out the yin yang for the talent for him. He brought in Schottenheimer who chased out our best DC ever, threw away a bunch of talent, brought in his sons to do poorly and pissed off all the players in the process.

What would you rather have - John Cooke who killed us with plan B free agency? When other teams divested themselves of expensive players, we spent money like water - yes we got the Superbowl and had to lose 1/2 the team the next year due to the NEW salary cap that everyone but JOHN COOKE and CASSERLY saw coming. Petitbon got the shaft on that deal. Then John's next brilliant move? Turner? Nolan? And let's look at those genius' draft moves over the last years they were there. How many are still with us? Hm? Let us not forget that John wouldn't have had money and would have had many partners to answer to. Talk about a huge mess.

Give me a break - Snyder is trying, and that is what counts for me. We could have Davis who gets the formula right once every thirty years or so - oh no - let me think - why don't we bring in a Bidwell? That might be SO much better.

C'mon... Snyder cares - and he has lost a couple hundred million showing it.
Rich in Roanoke

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:37 pm

I'm in for fifty!!!

And Roanoake, your missing the BIG picture here. Noticed VH said Snyder and not Spurrier. That is because Snyder is involving himself in areas where he shouldn't be involved. Yes it is his team, but what truly qualifies him to make personel decisions. Nothing because he is no more qualified than you or me. In fact, the only difference between him and us is that he owns the team. I think alot of us would have sense to know our limitations. I would be surprised if he learns his lesson, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Nothing would hurt this guy more than to have a GM come in here, clean house, build this team to championship status and not get any credit for the success. It is all about feeding the ego (or sinful pride for those of faith). So we wait for the next phase of rebuilding. I'm glad I got to live the glory days!
it is what it is

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:14 pm

I still say that the man is trying - although he is getting bad advice from Cerrato. Spurrier asked for certain people and got them. He listened and delivered what was asked for. I agree to the part about the GM, and I would kill to have someone like Wolfe or Donahoe in here.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Come back and see me when he does learn and everyone then says "Oh yeah - he is so freaking great"

I still say we could have Lurie, Bidwell or any number of other owners who won't do anything to help their teams but cut the payroll to save money no matter the cost.
I still remember all of the posts and articles praising Snyder earlier this year, the ones last year shouting his praises for hiring Spurrier, yada yada yada.

I guess I am someone who sticks by the guy who is there cause I see someone who is willing to keep trying til he gets it right.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:38 am

I still say that the man is trying - although he is getting bad advice from Cerrato

That's just bad decision-making from the start isn't it.

Ok, I'll give you that Snyder's biggest mistake is pinning any hopes to my Cousin Vinny's laurels.

Could he make a bigger mistake?

It's easy to point to other owners and say we have it better, but do we? Our team sucks just as bad as their's do... we just have to pay a lot morre to go watch the crap.

Vinny can't run this team... Danny can't run this team... so guess what... no one is running this team.

And we look like it.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:41 am

Anyone know how to bring people back from the dead ??? We need JKC back....and let's get Mr. Gibbs back too....
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:53 am

I know he's not dead (Mr. Gibbs) but he may need some hypnosis to get him back....worth a try...
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

+++

Postby NikiH » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:32 am

The thing that bugs me here is that Snyder is not crying in his cherrios like we are. We lose and he still makes money. So as frustrated as we are do you think he cares quite as much? Last night on a call in post game radio show and lady called in. And the topic was "when do fans give up". She said she was seriously considering giving up her season tickets. The host asked her how long she had waited for tickets. Her response "15 year". He called her bluff though. He asked her if she'd really give all that up and bascially never got yes. So Snyder's pockets are going to continue to swell. Whether we lose or win. For the majority Redskin's fans are not fair weather fans. This isn't a bad thing, except in this instance. At what point do we question Snyder's concern with losing?
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Hog

Postby skins75 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:49 am

I don't agree with alot of decisions that Snyder makes, however one thing you CANT say is that he doesnt care about winning. There are sky boxes in Dallas and Arizona that can attest to that. The guy just needs to let people who know what the hell they're doing make the decisions.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:38 pm

He cares, and only someone who is seeing him through the reddest of vision couldn't see the pain on his face at that game when they showed him.

One interesting point, Cerrato wasn't tugging on his shirt sleeves and sitting at his elbow as usual.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football