Spurrier - dumb comments

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
... deep in TX

Spurrier - dumb comments

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:29 am

"Hopefully, we can block a little bit better as we go through the season. If not we are in trouble. We have to block people, and I don't think we are doing it well enough to beat a lot of teams right now."

no sh*t! Is it just me or are there others out there who believe our coach is in over his head? :cry:
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:33 am

^^^^ He seems to never have an asnwer for anything.

I don't know if anyone here watches the Spurrier show. But his answers are always along the lines of "I don't know".

Ray Charles could have seen that we need to block better.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:00 am

I don't get to watch the show....but it probably goes something like

"ah shucks, we need to do a better job coachin' and playin' and pitchin' it around a little bit better. We ain't that good of a football team, right now...not sure we ever will be"

gives me as a fan and I'm sure the players just loads of confidence in their leader
We'll miss you, Joe.

najhril

Spurrier - in way over his head

Postby najhril » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:44 pm

I agree, whole heartedly..This is a different game at this level, we now have the talent and he's still not very close to getting it done. This Sunday (first half only) was the first time in his short tenure, that we began the game with some plays that amounted to what I thought would be a game plan..needless to say, when it came time for second half adjustments, the Skins went without, again. Thus, resulting in yet another situation where our ole ball coach was badly out manned.

piglet

Postby ace phoenix » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:50 pm

Well maybe i am dumb for continuing to think that we are improving and that spurrier is getting better.
We have a QB that has started now 11 games, that is only 7 more than Kyle Bowler for god's sake and i think we would all rather have Ramsey.
Yes our talent is better, no we are not a Super Bowl contender. Maybe we should be, to paraphrase the coach, I don't know.
But i do know that we at least move the ball some and at times look good. To me our defense is killing us. Stupid penalties this weekend, all on them, allowing a 1st on 3rd and 15 all on them. 3 linebackers blitzing from the same spot on the same play....well who the hell knows who messed that one up...
I don't think spurrier should go and i do believe we are a better ball club, but we all want to see W's. That is all that seems to matter.
So let's get some regardless who is coaching...

swine

Postby learnnew » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:18 pm

spurrier always speaks the same way. spoke always the same way after fsu games. the man believes a lot in his offense and is a bit reluctant to change. this is well known and it can also be a good thing. it looks like changes will be a bit slow to come. but one thing is for certain. spurrier is not an adamant man, he is flexible and has a lot of commonsense. so he will change. i expect some significant changes after the bye week in our protection schemes and just the way plays are called. right now it is not very easy to just ask P-Ram to roll left or right on each of those passing plays. he needs some time working on them. so if the coaches *have* figured out some changes to make, the question will be how easy are they to implement, considering the players only have about 2 days to practice the game plan for the next game.

it is not that spurrier has never tweaked his offense for protection. one game that comes to mind is the florida's national championship game in jan 1997. fsu hit wuerffel so often in the regular season that spurrier went for shotgun and 3-step drops all game long in the national championship game and put together a bunch of amazing plays from shotgun. result? 52-20 fl-fsu. he just needs time to put them together.

patience is a virtue :)

the darn thing logged me out after posting my reply!!!
Go Skins! For 10-6 or higher!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:12 pm

i'm not happy the way ANY of the talent is being guided at this point. the coaching staff is young, and the team is young(for the most part). maybe that means good things to come. but right now ...... i don't know, some really dumb stuff is going on right now. i even kinda sort of wish we still had marty. at least the guy is a leader and a motivator, unlike spurrier. edwards needs a little time too. the only reason we have looked good at any point is because of sheer talent, if we were all on the same page, it would be a good thing. spurrier is doing better with his play calling, but not coaching. i'll wait till the end of the season before i say anything rash, but i want to see some heads rollin at this point.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby newshog » Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:24 pm

Honestly, I'd rather hear Spurrier say "Wailp, not sure what to do about this, but we'll keep working on it" than hear him say, "I know exactly what's wrong but I've been keeping that knowledge from my team." Which is really the only alternative to the first statement.
All the Redskins news that's fit to link.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:30 pm

All I know is he better figure it out quick or he won't be around long to prove he can coach at this level.

As I've said before, I think he's over his head at the head coaching level and would be better suited as an OC. Way too many things are going left uncorrected that the head coach is ultimately responsbile for. God, I hope he proves me wrong.
We'll miss you, Joe.

NORM

Postby NORM » Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:03 pm

IT SEEMS LIKE THE WHOLE TEAM HAS GIVEN UP EXCEPT THE PUNTER AND KICKER. CAN'T THIS MAN MOTIVATE A TEAM ?. THEIR IS TOO MUCH TALENT ON THIS TEAM TO BE PLAYING THIS BAD .

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:08 pm

Agreed Norm, I think as you scope us out here you won't see anyone disagreeing with you.

(One small favor - all caps is like shouting, can you cut that off? thanks!) :)
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:12 pm

Hell Rich, I think he was shouting... I know I have been all day :)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:14 pm

ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

waitadamnminute

Why am I laughing - I ain't a happy camper either...

::sigh:: guess I have to get my chuckles where I can right now...
Rich in Roanoke

NORM

Postby NORM » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:58 am

ONE CAN ONLY WONDER WHAT KIND OF TEAM THE JETS WOULD HAVE IF THEY HAD ONLY KEPT THOSE PLAYERS THEY LET THE SKINS GET . EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NOT HAVING THAT GOOD OF YEAR . THE JETS PLAY WITH DESIRE. THE SKINS HAVE NO DESIRE OUT ON THE FIELD. I BLAME THAT ON THE COACHING. MOTAVATION AND DESIRE IS WHAT MAKES A GOOD TEAM. IT'S TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE. NORM

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:44 pm

Ever heard their coach speak - that man could light a church up any day he wanted to retire from football - and he wouldn't need electricity to do it.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football