True stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

True stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby redskincity » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:28 pm

False starts and illegal motion penalties are crippling the offense. Rookie G Derrick Dockery has some excusehe's new to the system. When it happens to veterans such as OTs Chris Samuels and Jon Jansen, it's harder to understand. Part of the problem is the linemen are being asked to make too many adjustments too late into the play clock. For every audible that QB Patrick Ramsey calls, linemen must either change from pass blocking to run blocking or adjust their protection schemes. Steve Spurrier might have to limit the audibles one week to see if the team plays more efficiently without them. Other penalties have reflected a lack of discipline (unnecessary roughness) and poor judgment (roughing the quarterback). The defensive players believe the calls are going against them, but the fault largely is their own.
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:44 pm

redskincity - seriously - I can understand the problems with the "false starts" although I question some of them with the tackles - they are the furthest out on the line - but they should develop something like the Giants did. If you really think about it though - with 15 penalties it didn't help the Giants much either.

I truly, and someone who knows this more can correct me if I am wrong, thought that an OL could turn to hear an audible when the QB is shouting it out. They have called 5-7 of those the last couple of weeks on us. I don't understand it. I think I must be misremembering the rule.

I still wonder about the blitzers running to the line and causing people to flinch - those false starts have to stop in two ways - first - Chris, my man, I hope you read this - YOU ARE ALL PRO AND HAVE SEEN BLITZERS BEFORE. Jeeeeeeezus. Second - I thought the refs could call it being drawn into false starting against the defense. That is something that I don't think gets called nearly enough.

I agree with the STUPID (read this Skins players) STUPID penalties. The late hits and such are just dumb.

There were a couple of calls on the refs that I would like to spike Hochuli about, but he might just kill me. That dude has been working out on the Alzedo plan I think.
Rich in Roanoke

bobos30

Postby bobos30 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:48 pm

:evil: what im mad about is the fact that samuels and jansen have already played a year in this system and they didnt jump alot last year i forgive dockery because it was his first start in a loud stadium but chris and john have no excuse

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:26 pm

bobos30 wrote::evil: what im mad about is the fact that samuels and jansen have already played a year in this system and they didnt jump alot last year i forgive dockery because it was his first start in a loud stadium but chris and john have no excuse

Yeah, the pro bowlers are hardly setting an example so far.

Still for reasons already expressed in other threads, it's hard to totally fault the linemen, especially the tackles out on the islands.

I forgive Dockery for the False starts, I just think he played terribly too. That one play that the Fox crew painstakingly slo-mo'ed showing Dockery just sitting on his heels as the Eagles DT (Hollis?) blasted to the left and blew past him was ugly.

Fiore could have played supposedly, but one of the papers also mentioned giving Lennie Friedman a go too.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:50 pm

I thought that we were pretty penalty ridden last year - even from Samuels and Jansen, but I could be easily misremembering things in my pain from last year :)

I agree Dockery had a few boneheads...
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football