What's up with the all White Uniforms

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Brown in the Hall

What's up with the all White Uniforms

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:39 am

Ok after they won the first 2 games I thought I would roll with the white uniforms (being somewhat superstitious).

But now I want my burgandy back.

Actually, after watching them for 35 years - I really want my burgandy and gold back.

Anyone agree?

:feedback;
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:55 am

... yep, I do. I was feeling the same way about the whites as far as superstition goes, but now that the streak is over... can I get a little burgundy please?

I still love the retros... at leat they were burgundy, rather than plum.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:30 am

I too agree...and love the retros as well

off with the all-white

I thought maybe it was helping P-Ram pick his receivers up easier as well....if that's true, I don't have a problem continuing to wear em...whatever works
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:36 am

I don't mind the retro uniforms either but I do want the same helmut from the last 30 years. Have grown accustomed to his face.

Just feel like I'm watching a Mr. Clean commercial with the uniforms now.

You are right also BossHog - NO PLUM. Are we getting color blind in DC, or what?

redskinsmiley
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:36 pm

On Tuesday, WTEM had Sports Reporters on from the Kornheiser/Wilbon charity golf tournament and roast. They had Dan Snyder on for a few minutes.

After peppering him with questions about why they stopped selling peanuts in the shell at games (and gone to shelled), they asked about the all-whites.

Snyder said that was totally the players' call and they kept with them at 1-0 and 2-0. But he also added that the retros WOULD be worn for one home game this season, according to the NFL rule that allows each team one deviation from what is filed with the league as the standard uniforms.

So far this season, the following teams have already used their one-time deviation:

JERSEYS: Carolina (light blue), Tennessee (light blue), San Diego (all-time best baby blue).

PANTS: Cincinnati (black), Cleveland (orange), Denver (blue).

Also, when the Redskins play at Miami on Sunday night later this season, the Dolphins are going to break out orange jerseys (with the white pants).

I assume the four teams that will play on Thanksgiving will be wearing a throwback (as has been the case the past two seasons).

I'd love to see the Redskins switch permanently to the retro uniform (without the commemorative patch, of course). Keep the spear on the sleeves as a secondary logo. If you even noticed, there was a spear on the pants on one hip and the 70th patch on the other hip. Those could go. No one sees what's there anyhow.

But the biggest change would be with the helmet -- a hybrid of the current Indian head logo and the classic retro colors.

Hey Mark, you're good with computer graphics and such, maybe you can work up a prototype of this:

Take the current logo and change the yellow in the circle and at the tip of the feathers to the retro gold. Replace last year's spear with this adjusted logo on last year's true burgundy helmet. No stripes, grey face mask.

I truly think that would be even better than what they have now.
Last edited by RedskinsFreak on Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Site Admin

Like this?

Postby BossHog » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:54 pm

Your wish, is my command...

Like that?

Looks pretty nice to me.

Y'all remember when we see them wearing them, where you saw it first !!!!

fart:

I ain't doing jerseys and pants too though :-)

HTTR
Last edited by BossHog on Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:59 pm

very cool....I like it a lot!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

-------

Re: Like this?

Postby RedskinsFreak » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:21 pm

BossHog wrote:Your wish, is my command...

Like that?

Looks pretty nice to me.

Y'all remember when we see them wearing them, where you saw it first !!!!

And we get a percentage of the revenues! :D

But anyhow, up until now it had only been in idea in my head. I like it even more now that I see it.

It would look GREAT atop the retro jerseys.

Thanks. That's a keeper!
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Postby Riggo » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:27 pm

I too wish they'd just make the retros perm'nent, and I like the "new" helmet. But the white-on-white HAS to go!! .. hate it, hate it, hate it!

piglet

Postby Welby24 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:58 am

I too like the Retro uniform's.....with or without the spear helmet.....

piglet

Postby OhioSkinsFan » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:45 pm

I was at the redskins game this sunday, and they were wearing the traditional burgundy pants and white jerseys. It's good to see them back in the old, well old to me because I'm only 19 years old.

The all whites are okay every once in awhile, maybe for the night games. I like to keep the tradition and stick with the burgundy pants and white jerseys.
Chris Cooley is this years Antonio Gates! THE X-FACTOR!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:03 pm

I thought the burgundy looked redder than ever. I really wish someone from the org would look up burgundy on a color wheel.

Hog

Postby newshog » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:41 am

Maybe the TV signal did something odd with the red (or your TV itself did)? I was at this past game and the burgundy on the field actually looked pretty good (a deeper red than their pre-retro uniforms).

Mrs. Newshog and I were carefully comparing the retro jerseys (last year) from older jerseys (earlier than that) and we decided the retro jerseys actually have a little too much purple to be considered true burgundy, while the older jerseys (as we all know) were too red. I think the term George Allen or Lombardi used was "Championship Claret."

Don't really like the mustard-toned gold of the retro jerseys, either, on close inspection. From a distance it looks fine, but up close it looks odd. All of which is kind of funny because I definitely like the overall look of the retro uniforms more than those of the previous years. So put me in the camp of "true burgundy and gold with the Indian head" as espoused here.

Speaking of gold--how sweet would it be for Snyder to shell out for real gold for the helmets?
All the Redskins news that's fit to link.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football