Safety for the other side???!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Safety for the other side???!

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon May 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Who do we line up opposite Collins???

Kam Chancellor is now available... Eric Berry... And Tre Boston are all free agents. Kam is a SS, Collins is best at FS right?

Besides signing a vet wr I really want the team to bring in a vet for the other Safety role. Some of the young backs have shown glimpses, but I'd feel much better with the group if we get the best available free agent- which also prevents the pukes from doing it!

HAIL
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Mon May 13, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Re: Kam on the other side???!

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon May 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Never mind... I didnt know he (Kam) had a neck injury.

Tre or Berry are top FAs in that case
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Tue May 14, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Re: Kam on the other side???!

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon May 13, 2019 12:59 pm

*Kam for db coach?

BIG ST fan

Hog

Re: Safety for the other side???!

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon May 13, 2019 7:23 pm

First of all there are a lot more safeties avaialable than that and secondly Kam Chancellor made more last year than the Redskins have in cap space.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 14, 2019 11:01 am

We don't need no stinkin free agent safety.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... n-dropped/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:First of all there are a lot more safeties avaialable than that and secondly Kam Chancellor made more last year than the Redskins have in cap space.

Kam is likely retired... But to your point we actually have a lot of flexibility with the cap= Restructuring, extensions, and/or cuts.

What other FAs do you like?
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Tue May 14, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Tue May 14, 2019 1:09 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:First of all there are a lot more safeties avaialable than that and secondly Kam Chancellor made more last year than the Redskins have in cap space.

Kam is likely retired... Bu to your point we have a lot of flexibility with the cap. Restructuring, extensions, and/or cuts.

I don't know. In a passing league maybe I try DRC at free safety. Our front seven should be strong.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 14, 2019 1:29 pm

riggofan wrote:We don't need no stinkin free agent safety.

Well... That IS good news.

The league can still suspend him though right? Is that likely with the TMZ video?

Sounds like he will playing if not... Obviously something shut up the victims... $$nyder? Lol crazy

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:

Kam is likely retired... Bu to your point we have a lot of flexibility with the cap. Restructuring, extensions, and/or cuts.

I don't know. In a passing league maybe I try DRC at free safety. Our front seven should be strong.

While its a good idea on paper, the whole cb to S hasnt really ever worked here has it? Had high hopes for D hall, it just never materialized.

I want Collins to be able to shine, some one solid on the other side would allow for that.

Maybe we bring a vet in to compete... If not then spend the money on Rudolph and cut Reed- so Reed can go be healthy every year elsewhere and become a HOFer smmfh

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 14, 2019 1:47 pm

riggofan wrote:We don't need no stinkin free agent safety.

Well... That IS good news.

The league can still suspend him though right? Is that likely with the TMZ video?

hah. I don't know all the details honestly but would be good if he's an option for us at least. I'm with you that I'd like to see and kind of expect them to bring in a vet sometime before training camp.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this defense in 2019. The secondary has a few ??s but they should be really good up front.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 14, 2019 1:49 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -torn-acl/
Report: Johnathan Cyprien cleared after torn ACL
Posted by Josh Alper on May 14, 2019, 10:54 AM EDT
Getty Images

The Titans released safety Johnathan Cyprien in March in a move that cleared cap space while Cyprien worked to return from the torn ACL he suffered last August.

Cyprien has continued that rehab effort over the last couple of months and he’s reportedly progressed to a point where he’s ready for football work. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Cyprien has been cleared to get back on the field.

Schefter adds that Cyprien has heard interest from multiple teams and that he is expected to sign with a team before training camp starts this summer.

Cyprien had 57 tackles and a sack in 10 starts for the Titans in 2017. He spent the first four years of his career with the Jaguars.

Might be worth a look.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 14, 2019 3:28 pm

Dont know that he brings anything the young bucks dont have with him, accept durability concerns of a repaired knee.

Thats why I want Berry or Tre.. We have "decent" dbs, if we can upgrade or add vet experience (starting one season not quite what I mean) we should go for it. Berry would be like AP in the rb room for our dbs. Great leader by all accounts... I guess thats what I would like to see. Most of the free agents are akin to what we have if not more $$$
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Tue May 14, 2019 4:31 pm

I wouldn't mind them bringing in Glover Quin at the right price.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 14, 2019 5:21 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:I wouldn't mind them bringing in Glover Quin at the right price.

Have SJ text the FO! :lol:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed May 15, 2019 8:45 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Dont know that he brings anything the young bucks dont have with him, accept durability concerns of a repaired knee.

He was a good safety, only 28 and the knee injury was last August. I wouldn't spend big $$ on him but he's an option out there.

Mark Bullock
‏Verified account @MarkBullockNFL
Mar 4

Mark Bullock Retweeted Adam Schefter

If the #Redskins were willing to go with a pure box and free safety combo next season, Cyprien could be an option as a box safety. They tend to like interchangeable guys at safety though.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football