Upcoming FA moves? May 8th looks like move day

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Upcoming FA moves? May 8th looks like move day

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon May 06, 2019 3:11 am

Awesome write up on available cap space including rookies... How we can restructure Smith and/or sign Scherff to a long term deal to create more space... And the why behind May 8th being make some moves day. Im down to pursue Tre Boston, Eric Berry is also an option. That would solidify the D IMO... Making WR the only unknown/ weakest position group. Thoughts?

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/5/4/1852 ... t-contract
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Re: Upcoming FA moves? May 8th looks like move day

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon May 06, 2019 3:16 am

*By not signing another FA until after May 7th, we acquire a 4th rounder comp pick for Crowder. That's cool- explains why we havent seen a move towards Berry or Boston yet. Need to find wr fa list- pretty dismall if i recal
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon May 06, 2019 3:30 am

Wide recievers available-

http://fftoday.com/nfl/freeagents.php?o=1&PosID=30

No one very inspiring... Kearse, Benjamin, Bryant (not Dez), Or Mathews might be worth looking at. Idk probably take make safety a priority and roll with the young guys we have. Like to see the tram at least work some of theae guys out.. If not we have to hope Paul Richardson can find the field and has his speed still... Cam Simms will battle JDoc for reps, and I guess Trey Quinn at slot and/or the young bucks?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 07, 2019 9:49 pm

Damn... Even the talking heads were talking about this free agency flash sale that starts tomorrow...

Im hoping for Tre, but would be good with Berry... We need to beat the pukes on the safety market!! F the star!

And I see the team bringing in a vet at WR.

Dez is running around again... Lol. Has great hands (sometimes) #Dezdroppedit and has lost another step after losing a step and tearing his achillies. He hates dem boys tho! Lmao

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed May 08, 2019 7:36 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Wide recievers available-

No one very inspiring... Kearse, Benjamin, Bryant (not Dez), Or Mathews might be worth looking at. Idk probably take make safety a priority and roll with the young guys we have. Like to see the tram at least work some of theae guys out.. If not we have to hope Paul Richardson can find the field and has his speed still... Cam Simms will battle JDoc for reps, and I guess Trey Quinn at slot and/or the young bucks?

I liked Kelvin Benjamin coming out of college, and he was pretty good with the Panthers. Wouldn't mind bringing him in. I've seen Michael Crabtree's name floated a few times this spring too.

I think we definitely have to bring another above average veteran in as early as possible. This: "we have to hope Paul Richardson", makes me shudder...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Wed May 08, 2019 9:27 am

riggofan wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Wide recievers available-

I liked Kelvin Benjamin coming out of college, and he was pretty good with the Panthers. Wouldn't mind bringing him in. I've seen Michael Crabtree's name floated a few times this spring too.

I think we definitely have to bring another above average veteran in as early as possible. This: "we have to hope Paul Richardson", makes me shudder...

Anyone who has caught an NFL pass before needs to be under consideration. We're in bad shape at receiver, especially if we're trying to instill confidence in a rookie QB. Nothing kills a rookie's confidence like receivers who can't make plays.

Of course we do still have Brian Quick. #-o
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed May 08, 2019 6:37 pm

I dont know the story of Benjamins decline- I know he and Cam had some issues. He was a beast at one point tho.

Is no news good news??

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 09, 2019 7:40 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I dont know the story of Benjamins decline- I know he and Cam had some issues. He was a beast at one point tho.

Maybe injured with the Panthers? ACL?

I actually read the other day that his weight has been an issue the past two years. So maybe not a great option any longer. He was last with the Chiefs, so you'd think he was in good position to rack up some stats with THAT quarterback.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu May 09, 2019 8:16 am

riggofan wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I dont know the story of Benjamins decline- I know he and Cam had some issues. He was a beast at one point tho.

Maybe injured with the Panthers? ACL?

I actually read the other day that his weight has been an issue the past two years. So maybe not a great option any longer. He was last with the Chiefs, so you'd think he was in good position to rack up some stats with THAT quarterback.

Google still works, kids. :lol:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/01/25/ ... -benjamin/
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 09, 2019 9:18 am

lol. I have to be REALLY interested to google something. Otherwise I prefer to just soak in info from thehogs.net and rando writers on Twitter and just hope that 70% of the information is correct. :)

So I see he only joined the Chiefs last December. Forgot about that.

Can you google "What's Pierre Garcon up to" for me?

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu May 09, 2019 9:39 am

riggofan wrote:lol. I have to be REALLY interested to google something. Otherwise I prefer to just soak in info from thehogs.net and rando writers on Twitter and just hope that 70% of the information is correct. :)

So I see he only joined the Chiefs last December. Forgot about that.

Can you google "What's Pierre Garcon up to" for me?

I kind of thought hearing what fans of the last team he played for was worth the read especially since it says he only played in three games and the writer thinks the Chiefs should re-sign Benjamin. It kind of answers the whole "What happened to Benjamin?" question in the article, too.

If it's me I'm trying to sign guys that I know can catch to one year deals. Does Jordy Nelson have anything left n the tank? Michael Crabtree? Martavis Bryant? I see Aldrick Robinson is a free agent. 8-[

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 09, 2019 11:33 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:If it's me I'm trying to sign guys that I know can catch to one year deals.

Do those guys exist? (Seriously, don't know the answer.) I agree with your thinking, but I can't think of anyone like that who has come in and contributed significantly.

Where is the Henry Ellard of today? Just show up here after an 11 year career somewhere else and rip off three 1000+ yard seasons for us in a row. :D

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu May 09, 2019 11:55 am

riggofan wrote:
Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:If it's me I'm trying to sign guys that I know can catch to one year deals.

Do those guys exist? (Seriously, don't know the answer.) I agree with your thinking, but I can't think of anyone like that who has come in and contributed significantly.

Where is the Henry Ellard of today? Just show up here after an 11 year career somewhere else and rip off three 1000+ yard seasons for us in a row. :D

I'm just going by what our leading receiver caught last season. :shock:

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu May 09, 2019 11:59 am

I read an article that had an idea to move Benjamin to TE due to his weight. Mismatch nightmare, still has speed for his size- can he block? Who knows.

Still wanting to see a vet S signed. Maybe playing it cool out of the gates this secound wave of FA will keep costs down tho

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football