2019 NFL DRAFT

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Re: 2019 NFL DRAFT

Postby Sonny9TD » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:01 pm

ferryrich wrote:"making waves" is just exceeding expectations.
Easier for a late pick to make waves.
I'm more impressed by Sweat being 2 in that list

Because Sweat is a beast. And so is Moreland. But that's what you meant.

piggie

Postby Sonny9TD » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:07 pm

I'll bet a dollar Moreland is better than Norman right now. Hell Ii'll make it a buck fifty. Watch out there goes Moreland with another pick 6

Don't know if I ever said this but here goes.. Sonny Jurgensen is the best damn QB ever. Ever! G@$ Da*#^ !!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:28 pm

ferryrich wrote:"making waves" is just exceeding expectations.
Easier for a late pick to make waves.
I'm more impressed by Sweat being 2 in that list

Man o man... Talk about a bonefied day one starting top tier talent!! This kid is JJ Watt esque... Maybe more athletic though??? No doubt about him starting- and what a steal so late in the first round! Id be surprised if WE didnt leak the whole heart condition story! LMMFAO

Kid is a MONSTER, and easily a top 10 player in the draft before that story broke... Then got debunked.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:01 pm

Sonny9TD wrote:I'll bet a dollar Moreland is better than Norman right now. Hell Ii'll make it a buck fifty. Watch out there goes Moreland with another pick 6

Don't know if I ever said this but here goes.. Sonny Jurgensen is the best damn QB ever. Ever! G@$ Da*#^ !!!

By your count thats 3 pick sixes?

I think its 1... Vs a non tackling Offense nonetheless.

Do you even read the articles? "..and get ready to hear redskins nation lose their minds for a roster hopeful. 7th rounder Jimmy Moreland had 3 picks today making him the bonefied OTA hype machine. With definitive ball skills his lack of size and doesnt seem to have the same 4.4 speed in coverage will be an issue vs NFL recievers- especially the bigger ones. Not a great tackler but wraps up well can take poor angles when in pursuit. With a crowded db room he will have to show much more once the pads are on and the ability to play on special teams would help. If he makes the roster he might push for slot duties vs some of the second year players, with plans to be groomed for more...."

Literally almost verbatim man. The cbs ahead of Moreland-
Norman
Dunbar
DRC
Moreau
Stroman
Adonis
And Johnson

He has a chance to move higger up.. But a 7th rounder better then a previous NFL pro bowler?? If he was a day one starter dont ya think a team that is known for masterfully drafting like the Pats would've scooped him up?
Peraonally I'd like to see him fight for safety duty... With Collins the punisher and he the ball hawk, could be a deadlt duo!

Ill take the jr whopper bet though... I guess if he takes JNos position, you win? :lol:
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:34 pm

Jimmy had a pick to end vet mini camp, his second... It was a good ball and catch by Cam Simms and a should be TD.. But the fiesty Moreland ripped it out of his hands for the pick/ strip. Called a pick but it was close.

In perspective that means with that one and the one he caught off a tip totals 5... Though, 3 came in one day at rookie mini camp.

JNo? Had at least 3 that I read about... Ending camp with a pick six of his own. Some referee speculation if he stepped out or not but clearly a great play where he jumped the route.

Also video evidence that JNo was the last player on the field on a few occasions working on foot work drills. I like that.

This guy gets a bad rap- mainly due to the price tag but also all the penalties.. Alot of tvose were pretty damn weak IMO, but he does need to play smarter at times.
*** I for one LOVE me some Norman!! He has great cover skills, is fiesty af, gets into the minds of wideouts, doesnt quit (LATE in the play strip fumbles made), speaks his mind, is well spoken, a vocal leader, and a team player.

Anyone remember him causing ODB to lose his marbles??? Kicking the kicking net that fell and hit him im the face??! Shutting down Dez???
Im excited AF to see him with Collins in the back field!!!

piggie

Postby Sonny9TD » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:31 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Sonny9TD wrote:I'll bet a dollar Moreland is better than Norman right now. Hell Ii'll make it a buck fifty. Watch out there goes Moreland with another pick 6

By your count thats 3 pick sixes?

I think its 1... Vs a non tackling Offense nonetheless.

Do you even read the articles? "..and get ready to hear redskins nation lose their minds for a roster hopeful. 7th rounder Jimmy Moreland had 3 picks today making him the bonefied OTA hype machine. With definitive ball skills his lack of size and doesnt seem to have the same 4.4 speed in coverage will be an issue vs NFL recievers- especially the bigger ones. Not a great tackler but wraps up well can take poor angles when in pursuit. With a crowded db room he will have to show much more once the pads are on and the ability to play on special teams would help. If he makes the roster he might push for slot duties vs some of the second year players, with plans to be groomed for more...."

Literally almost verbatim man. The cbs ahead of Moreland-
Norman
Dunbar
DRC
Moreau
Stroman
Adonis
And Johnson

He has a chance to move higger up.. But a 7th rounder better then a previous NFL pro bowler?? If he was a day one starter dont ya think a team that is known for masterfully drafting like the Pats would've scooped him up?
Peraonally I'd like to see him fight for safety duty... With Collins the punisher and he the ball hawk, could be a deadlt duo!

Ill take the jr whopper bet though... I guess if he takes JNos position, you win? :lol:

The watch out there goes Moreland for a pick 6 is a just a joke not a literal count on how many. Don't take these comments so seriously. The list of CBs ahead of him on the roster is just PC for the ones already there and it being so early in the process. Don't take what you read so seriously as verbatim fact. What are they going to say Moreland has locked down a starting role after 2 weeks of camp????? And I'm not sure what the Patriots have to do with locking down drafting all the gems of the draft and nobody else can do this. What does that mean? Since the Patriots didn't draft him he isn't a great DB? Do I have to make a list of al the other Pro Bowl talent drafted in the 6th and 7th round or undrafted that the Patriots (wisest team in the league) didn't swoop in and draft because they are the only ones who know these things . :shock: :? :?:

Stroman is a damn good CB. I only wish he was a tad bit faster. If he was he would be the best on the roster. Unless Moreland keeps doing what he is doing. Watch out the Patriota are on the phone trying to make a trade for Moreland.

But a 7th rounder better then a previous NFL pro bowler?? Yea why not? I guess you think the law of averages makes your point. I don't think so.
Shannon Sharpe , Antonio Brown, Richard Sherman come to mind as I sit here. The Patriots must have missed him. Probably in the bathroom at the time.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:05 pm

Sherman is 6'3 and was drafted in the 5th.. I never said gems canr be found late- ie TB12 the GOAT. The Pats was just an example of a team that could use a cb and drafts well. We arent known for great drafting- although the last few years have been pretty damn good imo.

My point was that you are turning an ant hill into a mountain. He had a good camp.. And a great day of camp. But there are also variables we dont know- like work ethic. Can he work his azz off and become JNos successor?? Absolutely!
Is he going to do it year one? Doubtful. Very.
All rooks have a learning curve. None of the guys you mentioned were year one probowlers, not even TB12!

Cut Norman? Nah fam

piggie

Postby Sonny9TD » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:57 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Sherman is 6'3 and was drafted in the 5th.. I never said gems canr be found late- ie TB12 the GOAT. The Pats was just an example of a team that could use a cb and drafts well. We arent known for great drafting- although the last few years have been pretty damn good imo.

My point was that you are turning an ant hill into a mountain. He had a good camp.. And a great day of camp. But there are also variables we dont know- like work ethic. Can he work his azz off and become JNos successor?? Absolutely!
Is he going to do it year one? Doubtful. Very.
All rooks have a learning curve. None of the guys you mentioned were year one probowlers, not even TB12!

Cut Norman? Nah fam

Year I think Haskins becoming a successor in year one is doubtful too. Very. All rooks have learning curves and variables we don't know. Moreland playing well and getting it done is no molehill. Unless you are saying that since he is having a good camp against your favorite and you need to rationalize what is going on. I understand. Getting outplayed doesn't feel good. Nor should it.

I hope for the Redskins sake Haskins figures this all out. I'm glad we have Keenum and Colt to hopefully help him out because playing QB at Ohio State where anyone could put up big numbers is a totally different thing. He isn't going to have all day and wide open receivers like he was used to. Hopefully that big arm can get him out of trouble if he is accurate or the big arm will be firing bullets to the other teams 2 and 3s. And if thats the case then Norman will be see plenty of time to earn his pay if he can stop holding. With this new pass interference rule Norman may be in deep trouble

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Its not a love affair thing man.. I, like you, just want to WIN BABY!!
I want the best players on the field to give us the best chance to win week in and week out. Mooreland hasnt been pwning Haskins by any stretch- as he has intercepted all 3 qbs right? Im just stressing its June... Last year Keenum didnt throw an INT all summer, big whoop right? Now, inbthis new system, the qbs are facing a FIERCE Defense and it has shown. Protection is crap and tining is off. Is Haskims ready? Not yet. But he has shown glimpses- its a gresr comparrison to Mooreland.. Showing promise.

Its not my guy vs your guy... Everyone one of these guys that elevate thier play to make the roster are OUR guys- ya know?

Im rooting for both

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:50 pm

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/6/11/186 ... ining-camp

Im excited for this D... Not just Dwayne Haskins, but the Defense should be a problem this year, in a good way! Keenum went all summer without throwing a pick here in CO for Denver last year- not the Case this year! LMAO saw mention of pick 6 and another int...

No mention of Moreland returning punts which I find strange... Has hands, vision, wheels... And if he is low on the depth chart youd want him to add to his resume with special teams. I expect to see him back there in camp tho.

Some tidbits from camp... Haskins is putting in work- last one off the field... Staying at Redskins park most the time between now and camp... Get the feeling he is doing everything he can to make the most of his opportunity, I dig that. Apke and Everett getting praise.. Sweat apparently covers half the field in two strides lol... Silly stuff but its all we get until camp

piggie

Postby Sonny9TD » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:33 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/re ... projection

Team looking good except at one area. Tackle. One injury or holdout this offense struggles at best. We have no Tackles that can back up injury prone group we have now. There isn't even one player who comes close to Moses or Trent. I have a feeling this weakness will bite this team like a Taipan snake before half the season is gone and then any sense of a working offense goes out the window. It's a huge deal and could take a pretty good team we have now and send it spiraling to the worst of teams if either Moses or Trent can not get on the field. It will be night and day when it happens and i seriously think it is going to happen.

They better pick up some competent tackles at some point even it means giving up a draft pick. Just imagine Haskins right now without Trent or Moses blocking for him trying to get off a pass or not get sacked. I shudder the visual and the bad decisions that stem from that. Haskins is doomed the instant this happens un less the team finds somebody capable. In fact Haskins needs to sweet talk Trent about that bump on his head that was benign right now. :lol: Every other position we have pretty good depth or capable players but at Tackle we have zero depth. Nada

Note to Trent: If you're worried about some possible serious health issue go see a real doctor that specializes in these things and leave the sports training staff out of the situation totally and completely. Einstein

Erick Flowers and Geron Christian suck popsicles. Geron a 3rd round pick. Probably 30 other tackles better than him at the time. There isn't a team that will give you a 5th for him right now if he was healthy. Amazing how bad this team can waste a rather high draft pick on a player that should go undrafted or the late 6th or 7th

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:21 am

Sonny9TD wrote:Erick Flowers and Geron Christian suck popsicles.

I don't know about Christian but Flowers at LT is a frightening thought. I've been reading some opinions that he might not even make the roster as a GUARD.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:32 am

riggofan wrote:
Sonny9TD wrote:Erick Flowers and Geron Christian suck popsicles.

I don't know about Christian but Flowers at LT is a frightening thought. I've been reading some opinions that he might not even make the roster as a GUARD.

I find that hard to believe since he's not even able to play guard right now with the absence of Trent Williams. Not only do we not have Trent but there's no way to know how they play next to each other. I suppose it's possible Flowers is that bad but nothing I saw of him at guard said he's worse than a whole lot of guards looking for work. He's also younger and cheaper. The problem, obviously, is we need a starting left guard. Flowers kind of needs to be that guy. I'm going to reserve judgment until we see training camp and preseason games. I don't see how anyone could come to that conclusion from minicamp.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:39 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:I find that hard to believe since he's not even able to play guard right now with the absence of Trent Williams. Not only do we not have Trent but there's no way to know how they play next to each other. I suppose it's possible Flowers is that bad but nothing I saw of him at guard said he's worse than a whole lot of guards looking for work. He's also younger and cheaper. The problem, obviously, is we need a starting left guard. Flowers kind of needs to be that guy. I'm going to reserve judgment until we see training camp and preseason games. I don't see how anyone could come to that conclusion from minicamp.

Fair point, just noting some opinions I've read. Personally I'm DYING to see Flowers come through and be a quality starting LG for us this year. 1) That position has been such a pain point for the past few years. And 2) I'd love nothing more than to double the Giants pain by developing their former first rounder.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:17 am

riggofan wrote:
Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:I find that hard to believe since he's not even able to play guard right now with the absence of Trent Williams. Not only do we not have Trent but there's no way to know how they play next to each other. I suppose it's possible Flowers is that bad but nothing I saw of him at guard said he's worse than a whole lot of guards looking for work. He's also younger and cheaper. The problem, obviously, is we need a starting left guard. Flowers kind of needs to be that guy. I'm going to reserve judgment until we see training camp and preseason games. I don't see how anyone could come to that conclusion from minicamp.

Fair point, just noting some opinions I've read. Personally I'm DYING to see Flowers come through and be a quality starting LG for us this year. 1) That position has been such a pain point for the past few years. And 2) I'd love nothing more than to double the Giants pain by developing their former first rounder.

There's no way in hell Flowers could be worse than Shaun Lauvao was 75% of the time. It's not humanly possible.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football