2019 NFL DRAFT

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

Re: 2019 NFL DRAFT

Postby DEHog » Mon May 06, 2019 9:15 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:
DEHog wrote:Although not a great excuse, lets not forget about the injuries....I think we compete for the division/wildcard without them??

Yes, but we're the team that didn't allow an injured and ineffective starting QB to derail our Super Bowl aspirations so we should never use injuries as an excuse.

Agreed as I said not a great excuse, that said injuries have an impact...do you think Gruden would still be here without all the injuries?
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon May 06, 2019 9:34 am

DEHog wrote:
DEHog wrote:Although not a great excuse, lets not forget about the injuries....I think we compete for the division/wildcard without them??

Yes, but we're the team that didn't allow an injured and ineffective starting QB to derail our Super Bowl aspirations so we should never use injuries as an excuse.

Agreed as I said not a great excuse, that said injuries have an impact...do you think Gruden would still be here without all the injuries?

I may be alone in this but, yes, I think Gruden would still be here because I think his record would be substantially better.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon May 06, 2019 9:52 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:I may be alone in this but, yes, I think Gruden would still be here because I think his record would be substantially better.

Did Gruden go somewhere?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon May 06, 2019 10:02 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:I may be alone in this but, yes, I think Gruden would still be here because I think his record would be substantially better.

You said "we should never use injuries as an excuse' but now you're making my point :oops:
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon May 06, 2019 11:03 am

DEHog wrote:

You said "we should never use injuries as an excuse' but now you're making my point :oops:

Injuries can't really be an excuse because every NFL team has injuries. But I think its fair to say that the Redskins dealt with an EXTRAORDINARY number of injuries over the past two years.

Six guys on IR is a high number for a team. Think I read somewhere the other day that they had FIVE offensive guards on IR last year. lol.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

piggie

Postby Sonny9TD » Mon May 06, 2019 12:29 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:*Sprinkle is good at both.. But not an elite athelete like the star TEs out there. I heard Rudolph from the Vikes might be otw out. He shows up big then disappears. We might consider pursuit if he is let go

Sprinkle hasn't so far or Gruen wouldn't have said he needs one that can do both. Only thing Sprinkle can do is try and block the sight of the Belk Tyler floor manager and catch a ride home

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon May 06, 2019 12:41 pm

DEHog wrote:

There was an intended hint of sarcasm in my post that apparently failed to come across. We got lucky as hell that Joe Gibbs was our coach. He was the only reason Doug Williams was ever in the NFL and the only reason he was back in the NFL once the USFL folded. Williams was the first Black QB in NFL history drafted in the first round, strictly because of Joe Gibbs. Williams only got to play because Schroeder was kind of an ass. The players liked Williams better. Williams himself had major dental surgery the day before the game and couldn't sleep. Then he nearly twists his knee off barely into the game. The rest is history.

My actual point was there's a hell of a lot of luck involved with or without injuries.

But in Gruden's specific case Alex Smith was 6-2. The other QBs on the roster went 1-7. There's no question that injury alone hurt the team and its coach. And now he may never play again so does that buy Gruden more time to develop Haskins? Probably. The coaching carousel hasn't worked out for the Skins any better than the QB carousel has worked.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon May 06, 2019 1:18 pm

DEHog wrote:

There was an intended hint of sarcasm in my post that apparently failed to come across. We got lucky as hell that Joe Gibbs was our coach. He was the only reason Doug Williams was ever in the NFL and the only reason he was back in the NFL once the USFL folded. Williams was the first Black QB in NFL history drafted in the first round, strictly because of Joe Gibbs. Williams only got to play because Schroeder was kind of an ass. The players liked Williams better. Williams himself had major dental surgery the day before the game and couldn't sleep. Then he nearly twists his knee off barely into the game. The rest is history.

My actual point was there's a hell of a lot of luck involved with or without injuries.

But in Gruden's specific case Alex Smith was 6-2. The other QBs on the roster went 1-7. There's no question that injury alone hurt the team and its coach. And now he may never play again so does that buy Gruden more time to develop Haskins? Probably. The coaching carousel hasn't worked out for the Skins any better than the QB carousel has worked.

:up:

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu May 09, 2019 12:50 pm

Maybe we have a Sims and Sims Jr uprise at WR??? Cam on one side and mini me Sims Jr? Let Jdoc and Prich fight the rooks for the other side?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hogsha ... -wr-kansas

Udfa with some speed and upside- some E Sanders comparisons.. Maybe djax like but leas afraid of contact.

Probably will fight for returb duty and special team.. But we need speed at wideout
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piggie

Postby Sonny9TD » Fri May 17, 2019 11:40 am

Probably will fight for returb duty and special team.. But we need speed at wideout[/quote]

I like this Steve Sims. He is a ball player and just what we need. I think we got a steal with him. A gem no doubt. If he can catch all that comes his way he has the speed and route running ability to start for this team. Awesome pick up

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football