Pulse Check... weakest position?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Pulse Check... weakest position?

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:22 pm

ROTFALMAO
Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:See things are still the same here... Lol

Not quite...
Your English has improved tremendously! :mrgreen:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:34 pm

Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:See things are still the same here... Lol

Not quite...
Your English has improved tremendously! :mrgreen:

Lies!! I've successfully used a comma, hyphen, and a semicolon in single sentences- often; turning paragraphs into sentences!!!
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:32 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Ok to good years in 2013-14? Really? I'd say that rushing a total nearly 1,300 yards (roughly 300 less than 2012) for less attempts (59 less attempts than 2012) would be a great year. And he had even less attempts in 2014. In other words, he's stayed consistent, despite poor QB play. And outside of a few monster years, Peterson's YPC are roughly the same as Morris.

2014 - 11th in league in yards, tied for 23rd in yards per carry (same ypc as the immortal Boobie Dixon), long carry of 30 yards. That's a definition of an ok year.
2013 - 4th in league in yards, tied for 11th in yards per carry, longest carry of 45. That's a good year.
2012 - 2nd in league in yards, 9th in yards per carry, long carry of 39 yards. Best year.

Note that each year he's declined. It's consistent, agreed, consistently declining.

Comparing Morris a real elite RB, Adrian Peterson has averaged 5.0 ypc for his career. Alfred has never had a season averaging that. Alfred's career average (4.5 ypc) is basically the worst year Peterson had (4.4 ypc). Longest carry Alfred has ever had is 45 yards. Peterson hasn't had a year where he hasn't had a longer carry. They're not even in the same discussion.

Love Alfred Morris, I do, but don't be a homer. He's not a real threat; he's a workhorse. If the coaches felt they were complete at RB, why draft Matt Jones in the 3rd round? That's a relatively high draft pick for a running back, and he's not exactly what you call a 3rd down back.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:47 pm

^^^ true life.. His homerun threat is severely hindered by his lack of the top gear. Yards after contact has always been his strong suite
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:36 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:are you kidding? he's already been put in his place by many fans and his QB rating by the media is the lowest of the starting QBs - plus he knows his position as starting QB for this franchise WILL be taken away from him in a heartbeat if he does not show improvement

nobody's saying or intimating that Griffin's improvement is stunning but it's clearly been enough for him to hold the starting QB job ... for now

the starting QB job here is CLEARLY up for grabs - many predicted that Cousins would easily show that he was a better QB than the inept QB that Griffin had clearly become - this has not happened - Griffin seems to have shown the only people that matter, the coaches, who is the best QB

the detractors are just haters and do not want to accept that the coaches know more about a player's potential than they do

Griffin may not prove that he's a good starting NFL QB, but, all he has to do now is show he's better than McCoy or Cousins, that's easy :lol:

You actually think by taking potshots at McCoy or Cousins somehow that offends me...good for you.

The poster I quoted had questioned how good Griffin would be if we had someone other than Gruden as the coach. I asked that poster at what point is Griffin held accountable? It's simple.

Hes been held accountable.

Are you going to give him credit if he has a good season?
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:50 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Hes been held accountable.

Are you going to give him credit if he has a good season?

Absolutely.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:54 am

PulpExposure wrote:2014 - 11th in league in yards, tied for 23rd in yards per carry (same ypc as the immortal Boobie Dixon), long carry of 30 yards. That's a definition of an ok year.
2013 - 4th in league in yards, tied for 11th in yards per carry, longest carry of 45. That's a good year.
2012 - 2nd in league in yards, 9th in yards per carry, long carry of 39 yards. Best year.

Note that each year he's declined. It's consistent, agreed, consistently declining.

Comparing Morris a real elite RB, Adrian Peterson has averaged 5.0 ypc for his career. Alfred has never had a season averaging that. Alfred's career average (4.5 ypc) is basically the worst year Peterson had (4.4 ypc). Longest carry Alfred has ever had is 45 yards. Peterson hasn't had a year where he hasn't had a longer carry. They're not even in the same discussion.

Love Alfred Morris, I do, but don't be a homer. He's not a real threat; he's a workhorse. If the coaches felt they were complete at RB, why draft Matt Jones in the 3rd round? That's a relatively high draft pick for a running back, and he's not exactly what you call a 3rd down back.

I'm not putting him at an elite level a la Peterson, but the guy was a 6th round draft pick. He's definitely a work horse, and I think that's exactly what this kind of offense needs. Jones could be the RB of the future if there is no deal inked with Morris, but I think they drafted him because of his explosiveness, and that certainly will help in 3rd down situations.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:34 am

Deadskins wrote:The only thing I don't hold him accountable for, is not having a QB coach until this season. How ridiculous is that? You draft a QB #2 overall, and you don't even hire a QB coach to guide him until his 4th season?

I think there is some truth to this, but Kyle Shanahan was a pretty good mentor to RGIII. I think egos started getting in the way after 2012.

Last year was completely set up for disaster. We shall see this year. IMHO this year is a wash anyway, so give him a bit of a leash (at least to the bye weeek) and see what he can do. If he is playing like he did last year and Cousins continues to have a preseason like he is currently having, then consider making a change..... but hopefully it won't get to that.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football