Postgame thread: Redskins take down Bears

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Postgame thread: Redskins take down Bears

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:40 pm

- As everyone and their mother has already said, Robert is looking great. What a difference that extra few weeks has made.

- It's awesome to see a healthy Helu spelling Morris. Our backfield is much better for it.

- Jordan Reed = stud in the making. The more of him we see, the better.

- I hate to say it, but London has just about hit E on his gas tank. More than a couple of blown plays that I could see. I'm already thinking we should go MLB with our highest draft pick.

- As much crap as I've said about Hall in the past, I have to admit he's had two very good games against great receivers.

- We need a new punter and a remake of our special teams for next year.

- I cannot wait for a secondary that doesn't feature Merriweather or Doughty as starters.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Skins History Buff

Re: Postgame thread: Redskins take down Bears

Postby welch » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:- As everyone and their mother has already said, Robert is looking great. What a difference that extra few weeks has made.

- It's awesome to see a healthy Helu spelling Morris. Our backfield is much better for it.

- Jordan Reed = stud in the making. The more of him we see, the better.

- I hate to say it, but London has just about hit E on his gas tank. More than a couple of blown plays that I could see. I'm already thinking we should go MLB with our highest draft pick.

- As much crap as I've said about Hall in the past, I have to admit he's had two very good games against great receivers.

- We need a new punter and a remake of our special teams for next year.

- I cannot wait for a secondary that doesn't feature Merriweather or Doughty as starters.

I admit that I have a nostalgic liking for Reed Doughty: the guy who had to replace Number 21. Doughty was supposed to be a backup, and extra safety, but he's still here.

piggie

Postby Redskinsfansince81 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:57 pm

I know I said this in the past about another qb, it's like deja vu, but McCown should have put that last one up for grabs as opposed to taking the sack.
Luckily for us he lacked the logic to do that. :D

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Nice win...turned out to be a lot closer of a game than it should've been...if only our defense could make a stop once in a while...the D and STs are still very problematic, while the O is finally starting to come around...

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:01 pm

I still dont like rg3 running around....another hit and his career is done.....shanny already fk him before...

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:05 pm

funsho2 wrote:I still dont like rg3 running around....another hit and his career is done.....shanny already fk him before...

I don't mind him running, in fact our offense NEEDS him to run to be effective, I just don't like the fact that he won't slide...seems to me the most basic thing a running QB needs to learn is how to avoid taking hits...RG3 absolutely sucks at it....

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:29 pm

AND ...

I'm glad that those fans that don't like all the good things about our team are getting showed up to be as clueless as they really are :lol:
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

If the BPA is a ILB then I might agree. However, I wonder if a Rob Jackson could make the switch from OLB to ILB.

Irn-Bru wrote:- We need a new punter and a remake of our special teams for next year.

I agree with this and you previous post about DHall.

ln-bru wrote:- I cannot wait for a secondary that doesn't feature Merriweather or Doughty as starters.

I agree with you on Merriweather but not Daughty. I would like to have a secondary where he isn't the best option start, but I love the guy! He almost never plays poorly, is almost a always where he should be, and is one of the surest talkers on the team. He is just physically limited and would make a great back up.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:51 pm

I'm hopefull that Rambo can show improvement in practice and help the backfield soon. Doughty was "injured" on a play.. not sure of his status now. Losing Thomas was a big blow but Amerson is proving to be a solid draftee with of course Reed being the our pick of the draft.
Rambo will play teams too, and we all know they cant get any worse Smh
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:09 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

If the BPA is a ILB then I might agree. However, I wonder if a Rob Jackson could make the switch from OLB to ILB.

Irn-Bru wrote:- We need a new punter and a remake of our special teams for next year.

I agree with this and you previous post about DHall.

ln-bru wrote:- I cannot wait for a secondary that doesn't feature Merriweather or Doughty as starters.

I agree with you on Merriweather but not Daughty. I would like to have a secondary where he isn't the best option start, but I love the guy! He almost never plays poorly, is almost a always where he should be, and is one of the surest talkers on the team. He is just physically limited and would make a great back up.

Well, I think Doughty does play poorly in so far as he is limited physically, and talent wise. I agree with you main point that I don't mind him on the team so long as we dont have to rely on him as a starter. But I don't think we can in one breath recognize that london is done but pretend Reed isn't. He is. I'll be happier, at this point, when both those guys are coaching for us, not playing for us. I assume both would make good coaches of course.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:01 pm

If you watched NFL Gameday Highlights, it was all Bears. They even claimed Aldrick Robinson pushed off on his TD. The only TD they seemed to give a crap about as far as we were concerned was the last one. Tired of this crap.

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:If you watched NFL Gameday Highlights, it was all Bears. They even claimed Aldrick Robinson pushed off on his TD. The only TD they seemed to give a crap about as far as we were concerned was the last one. Tired of this crap.
I actually thought the same thing...

Anyway, the good: RGIII (bro, learn to slide please though). Jordan Reed, our 2-headed running back (not good for Morris in fantasy :? :lol: ).
The bad: defense; letting Hester score.
The ugly: Merriweather, dude, stop.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:If you watched NFL Gameday Highlights, it was all Bears. They even claimed Aldrick Robinson pushed off on his TD. The only TD they seemed to give a crap about as far as we were concerned was the last one. Tired of this crap.

they all picked the bears to win....so they are a little sour to see the skins win.....

piggie

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Yeah, they showed EVERY Bear TD/score and it was as if the Redskins were lucky to win. A high scoring game like that requires a LOT of offense from BOTH teams. I was really ticked-off. I wanted to see more of our guys' scoring. They made sure to show Bob's interception!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football