Bears @ Redskins Pre-Game: The Early Edition

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:47 pm

riggofan wrote:But freezing the defense like that was because of RGIII, wasn't it?

Earlier in the season, I would say yes. But look at after the Ravens game. Especially against Dallas. Griffin was gimpy, and was not a run threat like he was earlier in the season. But Morris stepped up (especially in the Dallas game) and carried the offense.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:03 pm

We will smash the Bears. RG3 finally hits his stride after doing extra reps of passing drills to fine tune his accuracy. RG3 also rushes for close to 100 yards and passes for 3 TDs. Alf goes off for 110 yards and a couple TDs.

Our defense harasses Jay Cutler all day and wins the battle up front vs the shaky Bears Oline.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:12 pm

We will beat the Bears at home. Confidence will be high.

Then after Peyton Manning has his emotional game at Indy. He will be emotionally spent and they have a letdown in Denver providing the perfect storm for a Skins win.

That will provide us momentum for the rest of the games. We later drop one to the niners and falcons. Or we could lose to the Chiefs and beat the Falcons.

Heck when we beat the Broncos. We might just run the table or just drop one.

So long as RG3 is working his tail off. And he has shown progress. So I have no reason to believe that we cant win these games.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:53 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:We will beat the Bears at home. Confidence will be high.

Then after Peyton Manning has his emotional game at Indy. He will be emotionally spent and they have a letdown in Denver providing the perfect storm for a Skins win.

That will provide us momentum for the rest of the games. We later drop one to the niners and falcons. Or we could lose to the Chiefs and beat the Falcons.

Heck when we beat the Broncos. We might just run the table or just drop one.

So long as RG3 is working his tail off. And he has shown progress. So I have no reason to believe that we cant win these games.

Man u mirror my thoughts exactly! F the bears f the donkeys and f sf! Atlanta is playing worse then us right now and KC is a fluke! Lmao 12-4 here. We. Go!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:03 am

Let's hope Cutler regains his position as President of the DeAngelo Hall Fan Club and tosses him another four picks. Help the cause, Jay!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:33 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:If coaches would focus more on getting the line working together for the remainder of the season, our running game will flourish and RG3 won't need to run...Morris will.

I don't see that happening anytime soon our Offensive line coach is pathetic, and to top that off our starting Guards are terrible. Pretty hard to run the ball when you have only 1 true lineman that being Trent Williams. Montgomery is okay but the rest of them are garbage and wouldn't be starting or second string on any other NFL team. At this point they should be starting LeRibeus and Gettis. I hope Polumbus is gone next year.

Loyalty by Black Boo (Week 7)

Postby Krusheasy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:32 am

@Krusheasy

Hog

Re: Bears @ Redskins Pre-Game: The Early Edition

Postby TimSkin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:34 am

chiefhog44 wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Robert Griffin III told the Washington Times he believes he "needs to run more" to improve the Redskins' chances of winning, and coach Mike Shanahan has given him the green light.

Griffin's 77 rushing yards in Sunday night's loss to Dallas were more than he'd gained in Washington's first four games combined. "He’s got to be himself. Robert is Robert," Shanahan said. "We don’t ask quarterbacks to do anything in particular. We have a game plan going in. Whatever that game plan may be, we are hoping they execute it." Griffin still has accuracy issues to iron out, but the Redskins appear to be on the verge of an offensive breakthrough. The Redskins generated 433 yards against Dallas, but settled for four field-goal tries.

Oct 16 - 8:29 PM

Source: Washington Times

Please Please Please [-o<

This is my super bowl. These Bears fans are talking so much junk right now.

I'm with you chief I used to live in Illinois and always was(and still am here in Iowa) surrounded by Bears fans. There fans (most of them) are equivilant to Iggle fans.

I was at a Bears game back in the mid 90s and they were playin the Chargers and the chargers QB threw a check down to his back and big ol Byron Cox comes charging in and the poor umpire didn't see him and backed into his path and Cox just SMOKES the umpire and still made the tackle LOL

But anyways the umpire was out cold for about 5 mins and the fans cheered the whole time he was out and laughed when he was finally assisted off the field. During the rest of the game there was an inflatable referee blow up doll being bounced all the way around the stadium.

Fans also will just piss in corners and I've even seen piles of *sh$t*. It's not a fun place so glad you guys going to the game don't have to put up with their *sh$t* since we are home.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Kirwan commented on Robert and the run this past week on MTC. Said that in the 10 wins with Robert as a QB, he ran around 77 times. While in the losses he ran around 82. So running attempts were about the same. Kirwan indicated that there were other issues at play here WRT Redskins O, but did not elaborate more concerning Robert.

He did mention something else, however. He recalled how Gibbs 1 would basically throw the deep ball at least twice per quarter. Now, a 50% completion rate on those plays is darn good....but Gibbs would run them to force the D to be honest, and prevent loading the box with 8 players to stop the run.

Now, I have not seen us trying to go deep anywhere near as much as we did last season....and not sure why. We have Robinson, and while he has issues with holding on to the ball, and route running....he is our burner.

Not saying that this is the elixir for what ails us.....but just one of those things that could make a difference.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:24 pm

DarthMonk wrote:The Bears have lost to some not great teams and have struggled to beat some marginal teams. I'm sure what we are but we should not fear the Bears. They are not the Monsters of the Midway. We need to go out and kick ass. We need to play D like we did against the Cowgirls and not F up on specials.

So true.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football