Week 2 Game Thread: Showdown at the Frozen Tundra

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:56 pm

NyfinestskinsfanBXTF wrote:That may be a TD, but we will get Mara'ed!!!

Did not expect that to be a Touchdown WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Snout wrote:How many three and outs have we forced in the first quarter when our defense has been fresh? Too few. Is that on the offense? No doubt an effective office takes pressure off the defense, but that is overstating the obvious. If the whole approach was to start RG from the beginning of the season, then you can see from a mile away that the defense would need to carry the team for the first month. Have first quarter performances in the first two games suggested that the defense is rady to carry the team for the first month? I think not. But what do I know?

Again, you're giving the offense a free pass to be a failure... That just doesn't make any sense. If the offense can't operate with RGIII, don't play him. Him not being ready isn't going to magically turn the defense into something it isnt and no amount of hoping/wishing will change that.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Woo hoo! I'll take it. Nice catch Moss.
"Givin'em the Business!"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Have to be honest... happy with the call... but it was wrong. I'm blown away that it was reversed.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Snout » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:If the offense can't operate with RGIII, don't play him. Him not being ready isn't going to magically turn the defense into something it isnt and no amount of hoping/wishing will change that.

I agree! I would rather see Cousins for the whole month of September. But at the moment our first quarter (first half?) defense cannot stop anyone . . .

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Green Bay fans booing the play calling... are they serious???
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piggie

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Countertrey wrote:
NyfinestskinsfanBXTF wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Countertrey wrote:He's actually, he's playing pretty damned well from the pocket right now... sharp, accurate passes with mustard... this may be just what he needed.

Until he shows us something more, I'll chalk it up to soft defense. Just like with the Eagles.
You do that...

Every team in the NFL does do that when leading by nearly a half century. All QB's look good when chasing from behind.
I'm sorry that you can't see the improved quality of the passes he is now throwing... must be that "New York state of mind"...[/

I'm not saying RGIII is not knocking off dust, but he is still not the same player. The Skins issues are beyond deeper than RGIII. There are a lot of cracks in this franchise and it all stems from the $36 million salary cap hit over two years we took. RGIII carried the team last year, this year he can't.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Another tackle by Rambo.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Another tackle by Rambo.

Backup material at present ... At best
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:06 pm

See?
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Throw it to Jordy for a TD please! lol

And Robert, you throw for another TD too.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Chargers are driving. Tied 30-30. In fG range. :21 left

piggie

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:09 pm

You can try to pin blame on the offense, but the blame for this game is all on the DEFENSE! The turnovers and safeties never occurred this game. Washington's defense is a ghost. There is no way RG3 and the offense can ever offset how porous and anemic the defense clearly shows itself to be. Two teams completely and totally dominated that weak defense. It's a total embarrassment. The offense has rust and will improve. The defense is a tragedy that has no hope.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:09 pm

Worst safeties play I have seen in a looooooooong time.

Megatron will have a record book day next week.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:10 pm

The way Rodgers is throwing the ball still... There is no way the Gb coach is giving us anything.

Robert is doing a good job at making adjustments at half and finding his rhythm, much like a fighter. Only in football u can't get beat up for 3 rounds then land a knock out punch in the fourth. Im happy to see he can still play, and am hopeful he gets his rhythm sooner next week.

Our D is a big concern regardless.. career days for the entire Gb Offense... Pist off from last weeks loss didn't help our cause, but they have a lot of work to do. Two rookie dbs is a clear sign we are having growing pains, and like last year I hope to see us gelling much better after the bye.

At this point 2-2 into the bye sounds amazing!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football