Bills at Redskins Gameday Thread...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---
User avatar
Posts: 18555
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Countertrey wrote:7 yards, then another 6 after contact... Loaded at RB, too.


We are thinnest at ILB, I think. Oh.... FS.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Countertrey wrote:White is going to make it difficult for the Redskins to cut him... Hope the Raiders hurry up and offer a second rounder for him...


Never thought of it that way. That would be an awesome deal!

---
User avatar
Posts: 18555
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:24 pm

2 sacks. If that one read ain't open he's done. Sorry. Rex > Pat.

Pat has done well tho.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14249
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:27 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:2 sacks. If that one read ain't open he's done. Sorry. Rex > Pat.

Pat has done well tho.
True... Still... OTOH, Pat White really has less than a season as a pro player... so, he's still waiting for the game to slow down. Pat White has a future somewhere... Rex is much closer to done.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14249
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:28 pm

Chase Minnefield hits.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14249
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:29 pm

RG3 v1 back in.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---
User avatar
Posts: 18555
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:29 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:2 sacks. If that one read ain't open he's done. Sorry. Rex > Pat.

Pat has done well tho.
True... Still... OTOH, Pat White really has less than a season as a pro player... so, he's still waiting for the game to slow down. Pat White has a future somewhere... Rex is much closer to done.


Pat has a future if the read option continues to thrive AND he can grow as a traditional passer. They're hiding his deficiencies behind the scheme.

If Pat can improve he'll be a huge success story.

Rex is closer to being done. But there isn't a team in the league that would start Pat over Rex in week 1.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14249
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:2 sacks. If that one read ain't open he's done. Sorry. Rex > Pat.

Pat has done well tho.
True... Still... OTOH, Pat White really has less than a season as a pro player... so, he's still waiting for the game to slow down. Pat White has a future somewhere... Rex is much closer to done.


Pat has a future if the read option continues to thrive AND he can grow as a traditional passer. They're hiding his deficiencies behind the scheme.

If Pat can improve he'll be a huge success story.

Rex is closer to being done. But there isn't a team in the league that would start Pat over Rex in week 1.

We didn't see Run Option from him until well into his 3rd drive. Those first two were conventional drives, so scheme was not protecting him.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14249
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:34 pm

You know, Rex... throwing the ball away is also an option.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14249
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:37 pm

Chase Minnefield hits.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3155
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Countertrey wrote:How quickly can the league impose rules to take away this offense?


You mean, they'd force us to start Rex?

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14249
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Chris Thompson plays awfully big for a 5'7" man.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Reed is looking good today.

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14249
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:46 pm

Yup. White has difficulty with the outs.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14249
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:47 pm

First and Goal!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football