Why is RG3 running his mouth?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Why is RG3 running his mouth?

Postby grampi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:28 am

First it's the tift with Shanny, now he's bad mouthing Belichick? While I think RG3 is the best thing that's happened to this team in many years, I think he needs to shut his mouth and just do his job. All this mouthing off does nothing except create bad press for him and the team.

Hog

Re: Why is RG3 running his mouth?

Postby emoses14 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:10 am

grampi wrote:First it's the tift with Shanny, now he's bad mouthing Belichick? While I think RG3 is the best thing that's happened to this team in many years, I think he needs to shut his mouth and just do his job. All this mouthing off does nothing except create bad press for him and the team.

Because he's a full grown a$$ man who can speak his mind as he sees fit regardless of how it makes some fan feel. He is not a, nor your, child.

There was, is and most likely will not ever, be a "tift" with Shanny. That is your and the media's fabrication. Grown men can be on the same page and still disagree. Speaking his mind and answering questions does not create bad press for the Redskins. The press creates bad press for the redskins.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:28 am

emoses14 wrote:
grampi wrote:First it's the tift with Shanny, now he's bad mouthing Belichick? While I think RG3 is the best thing that's happened to this team in many years, I think he needs to shut his mouth and just do his job. All this mouthing off does nothing except create bad press for him and the team.

Because he's a full grown a$$ man who can speak his mind as he sees fit regardless of how it makes some fan feel. He is not a, nor your, child.

There was, is and most likely will not ever, be a "tift" with Shanny. That is your and the media's fabrication. Grown men can be on the same page and still disagree. Speaking his mind and answering questions does not create bad press for the Redskins. The press creates bad press for the redskins.

If RG3 has a problem with Shanny, then that's something that should discussed between the two in private, not publically. He also has no business running his mouth about Belichick...last year RG3 came across as a humble, hard working rookie...now he comes across as an arrogant ass...much like a Terrel Owens or a Chad Johnson...Shanny needs to sit him down and tell him to keep his mouth shut! One having confidence is a good thing, but arrogance, not good at all....

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:32 am

I would like it if he didnt share so much with the media but its his preogative.

I try to think back and remember how many star Qbs spoke so much. With the media in this day in age its going to be like this for a long time. I think it kind of started with Brett Farve speaking to the media on a weekly almost daily basis. Then I can remember Tom Brady and Peyton Manning speaking to the media quite a bit. Even Donovan Mcflab.

I guess it just depends on what is the hottest story in the NFL at the time. Currently it has been the state of RG3s knee. RG3 is a charasmatic guy and it just comes with the terroitory of being a star. The media is going to hound him as long as he is a superstar. I guess some of us fans still have to get used to our superstar QB being so famous. It is what it is. Now go win that SuperBowl!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:43 am

grampi wrote:
emoses14 wrote:

If RG3 has a problem with Shanny, then that's something that should discussed between the two in private, not publically. He also has no business running his mouth about Belichick...last year RG3 came across as a humble, hard working rookie...now he comes across as an arrogant ass...much like a Terrel Owens or a Chad Johnson...Shanny needs to sit him down and tell him to keep his mouth shut! One having confidence is a good thing, but arrogance, not good at all....

ROTFALMAO

Has it really been this long since the redskins have had a bona fide star, that you can't tell the difference between chad johnson/ocho cinco - terrel owens and Robert Griffin III? Even using your absurd standard, he's been "running his mouth" for approximately 3 weeks.

I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:53 am

emoses14 wrote:
grampi wrote:
emoses14 wrote:

ROTFALMAO

Has it really been this long since the redskins have had a bona fide star, that you can't tell the difference between chad johnson/ocho cinco - terrel owens and Robert Griffin III? Even using your absurd standard, he's been "running his mouth" for approximately 3 weeks.

Okay then, if it's only been 3 weeks it must alright :roll:

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:05 am

grampi wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
grampi wrote:
emoses14 wrote:

ROTFALMAO

Okay then, if it's only been 3 weeks it must alright :roll:

No. If it has been only three weeks, the absurdity of the comparison to Ochocince/Johnson and Owens is made even more stark since those clowns did what you claim RGIII is doing, for YEARS. But you know that, you just can't admit you're wrong. That's cool. :roll:

Oh, and shame on me for not at least looking up what he said that was "bad mouthing Belichick" I have now:

That led to Griffin speaking behind the scenes with a “few people” on the best way to handle media relations.

“Do I stop being who I am and stop being honest with you guys and give you guys ammunition to turn against this team? Or do I go into a shell and Bill Belichick it all week?” Griffin told reporters. “I’ll continue to be who I am.”

Yeah, he really slammed Belichick there. :roll:

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:18 am

Get off my lawn!

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am

I don't care what you guys say, his mouthing off is bad for him, and bad for the team and he should just STFU! What does it accomplish anyway?

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:02 am

I think RGIII believes that if he is just honest and straightforward, then over time he will be able to present a balanced and unified front to the public.

Unfortunately, I also think this is a little naive. It's not RGIII's fault that the media hounds him for information and then runs with it, but just because it's not his fault, that doesn't mean precaution is a bad thing. This thread is ample proof that the public can be fooled into believing almost anything about the guy even if he doesn't do or say anything wrong. All he has to do is open his mouth, and the WaPo (and others) will splice and stretch those words as much as humanly possible to make it look like all RGIII ever does is give press conferences to make controversial statements.

There never was a rift between him and Shanahan, but grampi believes there was one. He absolutely wasn't trashing Belichick in his most recent comments, but grampi believes he did. Those things are just going to pile on over time because most people don't think for themselves or take what they read in the Post with a grain of salt.

So I don't really blame RGIII, even though he probably should know better. I do wish he would actually play things a little more like Shanahan or Belichick — those guys know what it takes to survive in the NFL with respect to PR.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 am

grampi wrote:I don't care what you guys say,

We know :lol:

grampi wrote:his mouthing off is bad for him, and bad for the team

How is it bad for either... He said what he said and the media took it where they took it... Lasted ONE day until RGIII came back and set everyone straight, to include stating he knows the media will use what he says to ATTEMPT to hurt the TEAM.

grampi wrote:and he should just STFU!

I kind of have to agree with you on this... kinda, sorta.

grampi wrote: What does it accomplish anyway?

It creates new threads on message boards for starters.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:59 am

I'll ask the question again...what good comes from him running his mouth?

cleg

Postby cleg » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 am

emoses14 wrote:

A 23 year old is technically a grown man but in our current society he really is more at the end of adolescence. He is still very much growing emotionally (and physically) and by shear nature of his age lacks wisdom that comes with experience. I would imagine a 25, 27, 30 year old RGIII handling this situation much different.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:15 am

grampi wrote:I'll ask the question again...what good comes from him running his mouth?

What good comes from not being yourself? This "running" of the mouth you refer to is your perception and many would not refer to it as running his mouth. I didn't take his comment about Belichick to be anything other than spot on, Belichick offers no information and RGIII is simply stating that's not who HE is, he's going to answer questinos in HIS own way. If you have a problem with that, i'm quite certain RGIII couldn't care less. The kid was raised by strong willed parents who raised him to speak his mind and be confident in the person he is, that much is evident. That's not going to change just because some people misconstrue his words, media or otherwise. He didn't slam Belichick in the least and anyone saying he did is reaching. If you wish he didn't have access to the media as much then so be it but as long as he does i believe we'll get responses from RGII that are of his opinion and perspective and not anyone elses.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:32 am

cleg wrote:
emoses14 wrote:

A 23 year old is technically a grown man but in our current society he really is more at the end of adolescence. He is still very much growing emotionally (and physically) and by shear nature of his age lacks wisdom that comes with experience. I would imagine a 25, 27, 30 year old RGIII handling this situation much different.

I don't disagree with this, but I do think it is too general a statement. Many, MANY 23 year olds are old teenagers. However, nothing that Robert has ever said or done, including the current topic under discussion, seems to indicate that he can be counted among these Boy-Men. I also have no doubt that an older RGIII might handle pretty much any and everything in his life differently.

But this thread's title and existence smacks of paternalism and is dripping with conceit. That is what prompted my quoted response.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football