Why is RG3 running his mouth?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:38 am

Interviews, press conferences, football itself, it's all just entertainment at the end of the day isn't it? It's really only a few degrees removed from pro wrestling when you think about it (if you smell what I'm cookin')

Who cares if RG3 is talking to the press all the time? Last time we had a player the media wanted a piece of it was Haynesworth or Portis, and RG3 is a far cry from those two. I'll take RG3 quotes all week every week.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Hooligan wrote:Interviews, press conferences, football itself, it's all just entertainment at the end of the day isn't it?

THANK YOU. People get so serious about football. Its a game. Its entertainment. (Its awesome.)

I don't follow football closely because I want to see people "just doing their job". I watch it to be entertained, and RGIII is ENTERTAINING. How freaking boring would it be if every athlete said nothing or just went out and repeated the same tired cliches?

Enjoy it. Its fun.

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:52 pm

I think we are seeing the real RGIII. I am not disputing his contributions to the Redskins or his ability and certainly would not want to get rid of him. He is without a doubt the best thing that has happened to the Redskins in years.

Every person with a great ability usually comes with a great ego. RGIII is no different. Last year he was a rookie and kept a lower profile. What we are seeing is probably what we will see for the remainder of his career. I don't believe that he is naïve. He can now be himself. Learn to live with it, we can't change it.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:11 pm

grampi wrote:I'll ask the question again...what good comes from him running his mouth?

To answer a question (that's answer can only be opinionated :P ) with a question (that's answer can only be opinionated, but is my question... so if the answer doesn't coincide with my opinion will be wrong :twisted: ), What's wrong with RGIII holding a weekly interview with the local press?

I can think of at least 31 other starting QBs that do the same thing, and at least 20% of them are committed to meeting with the press twice as much as Bob.

The better question would have been... Where is Cousins' weekly chat with the media (considering he's also currently a LISTED starting QB)? or Is RGIII stealing the "limelight" from the guy that's currently (and all off-season) taking the team through it's drills :?:

OK we both (some, most but do it anyway) of us know you can't/don't/shouldn't answer a question with a question :wink:

So I'll start over

grampi wrote:I'll ask the question again...what good comes from him running his mouth?

He stays in the News, His "Brand" stays out there... he hasn't played a down since the play that made alot of us wonder if we'd have been better off losing to ttiT (meaning he doesn't get hurt in that playoff game) but then the commercials ended. Gatorade let him document his recovery process of course he got paid, you had "All in for week one" and now "the Will to Win" It does him a lot of good to keep running his mouth.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 pm

1niksder wrote:

To answer a question (that's answer can only be opinionated :P ) with a question (that's answer can only be opinionated, but is my question... so if the answer doesn't coincide with my opinion will be wrong :twisted: ), What's wrong with RGIII holding a weekly interview with the local press?

I can think of at least 31 other starting QBs that do the same thing, and at least 20% of them are committed to meeting with the press twice as much as Bob.

The better question would have been... Where is Cousins' weekly chat with the media (considering he's also currently a LISTED starting QB)? or Is RGIII stealing the "limelight" from the guy that's currently (and all off-season) taking the team through it's drills :?:

OK we both (some, most but do it anyway) of us know you can't/don't/shouldn't answer a question with a question :wink:

So I'll start over

He stays in the News, His "Brand" stays out there... he hasn't played a down since the play that made alot of us wonder if we'd have been better off losing to ttiT (meaning he doesn't get hurt in that playoff game) but then the commercials ended. Gatorade let him document his recovery process of course he got paid, you had "All in for week one" and now "the Will to Win" It does him a lot of good to keep running his mouth.

And I, as a fan, get fuel for the fires burning for a new season. Prior to last year, the Redskins were ignored so thoroughly by the mainstream media that their highlights were even overlooked in the "fastest 30 seconds" and other re-caps on numerous occassions. I live in California, so I dont get local coverage, and the national disregard stood out. We matter again, and Robert is right at the hub of why. The media have made mountains out of molehills, which is their job. I have listened to Bob's words, and NOTHING he has said indicated that there was a problem. If he wasn't chomping at the bit, I might fear the dreaded 'paycheck pox' which has claimed so many false messiahs. As for the alluding to Bellichik, it was hardly insulting. I am sure By-the-rules-Bill takes pride in his ability to evade even the simplest of questions ( How are you today, Bill? . . . depends, have to look at that moving forward ).
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:21 pm

He hasn't been.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:33 pm

I saw his comment in the press conference. He said nothing wrong at all. I don't think even Bill Bellicheck would take offense at it. Everyone knows Bellicheck plays it close to the vest in press conferences. Why would it be wrong for RG III to respond to a question referencing that way of treating reporter questions? Not a big deal.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:36 pm

So we chastise the guy for being real... And saying something that's true, and kind of funny?
I understand the angle here but its far fetched. Shanny and bill alike probably take pride in the way they avoid questions with ease.. another non story painted to look Luke something its not.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Re: Why is RG3 running his mouth?

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:42 pm

grampi wrote:
last year RG3 came across as a humble, hard working rookie...now he comes across as an arrogant ass...much like a Terrel Owens or a Chad Johnson...

God, I love irony.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Re: Why is RG3 running his mouth?

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:47 pm

grampi wrote:First it's the tift with Shanny, now he's bad mouthing Belichick? While I think RG3 is the best thing that's happened to this team in many years, I think he needs to shut his mouth and just do his job. All this mouthing off does nothing except create bad press for him and the team.

Sorry - I do agree that RG3 is the best thing for this franchise - but the rest of your post is just wrong IMHO - this kid is not "mouthing off" or creating bad press - that's just your VERY mis guided opinion :lol:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Postby yupchagee » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:18 pm

riggofan wrote:
Hooligan wrote:Interviews, press conferences, football itself, it's all just entertainment at the end of the day isn't it?

THANK YOU. People get so serious about football. Its a game. Its entertainment. (Its awesome.)

I don't follow football closely because I want to see people "just doing their job". I watch it to be entertained, and RGIII is ENTERTAINING. How freaking boring would it be if every athlete said nothing or just went out and repeated the same tired cliches?

Enjoy it. Its fun.

Right. If were just about people "just doing their jobs", there wouldn't BE interviews.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football