Sports Xchange - Strategy and Personnel

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Sports Xchange - Strategy and Personnel

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:33 am

Washington Redskins
STRATEGY AND PERSONNEL

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Cornerback DeAngelo Hall was cut for salary-cap reasons on the eve of free agency in March. The three-time Pro Bowl pick re-signed at a much more affordable one-year deal a week later. Whether it was that shock to the system, being motivated to make up for his sub-par 2012 season, or the Redskins signing former Tampa Bay starting cornerback E.J. Biggers and using their top draft choice (second round) on cornerback David Amerson, Hall got off to a fine start in camp. During Friday's practice alone, Hall, who won't be 30 until November, picked off summer starting quarterback Kirk Cousins once and 2011 starter Rex Grossman twice.

BATTLE OF THE WEEK: At 6-6, Tony Pashos would be considered tall in any group that didn't include NBA forwards and centers. However, the nine-year NFL veteran is two inches shorter than fellow right tackle candidates Tyler Polumbus and Jeremy Trueblood and that difference helps him get lower to block oncoming defenders.

Polumbus was solid while starting all but one game at the position for Washington's fifth-ranked offense last year but struggled at times in pass protection. After developing chemistry with right guard Chris Chester and the rest of the line, the four-year veteran still has the edge on Pashos, who was sidelined for all of 2012 with a foot injury, and Trueblood, a seven-year veteran who was demoted by new Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano last year. Keep your eye on Pashos, who previously played for Washington offensive line coach Chris Foerster in Baltimore in 2005-06. Chester joined the Ravens in the latter season.

MEDICAL WATCH

CB DeAngelo Hall injured his right ankle in Monday's practice but initial evaluations were promising, coach Mike Shanahan said.

Hall arrived at Tuesday's open practice in a walking boot and is expected to be reevaluated.

"I don't think it's that serious right now," Shanahan said Monday. "I know it's quite sore. It takes a little while to find out for sure. Hopefully he's OK. We'll know more in the next 24 hours."

ILB Keenan Robinson tore his left pec on July 25 and is expected to miss 3-5 months.

DE Adam Carriker had surgery on his right quad on July 25 and is expected to miss 4-5 months.

UNIT-BY-UNIT ANALYSIS:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Hold on, now! Is the medical report from this season?

- Hall has a good day and bang he's got a walking boot to protect his ankle?

- Carriker out 4 or 5 months?

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:38 am

welch wrote:Hold on, now! Is the medical report from this season?

- Hall has a good day and bang he's got a walking boot to protect his ankle?

- Carriker out 4 or 5 months?

Hall was out of the boot two days later... and AC had surgery about a week ago
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football