Grossman re-signed

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
spudstr04

Grossman re-signed

Postby spudstr04 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:30 pm

‏@ProFootballTalk

Redskins re-sign QB Rex Grossman, per league source.
Retweeted by Chris Russell
#21 = Forever in our hearts

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Rex Grossman confirmed the decision to come back "I'm very excited to be part of the team moving forward, to contribute is what I wanted"

from ESPN 980 radio

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Redskins re-signed QB Rex Grossman.

At this point, Mike Shanahan might as well give his favorite player a lifetime contract. Grossman's return shouldn't affect the Redskins' expected deal with free agent Pat White. Going on 33 and coming off a season where he didn't attempt a pass, Grossman's roster spot likely isn't guaranteed, but he'll be leaned on for his experience in Shanny's system during OTAs and training camp.

http://www.rotoworld.com/

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:45 pm

as I said...........we have 4 qbs for training camp. What's the plan here.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:50 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:as I said...........we have 4 qbs for training camp. What's the plan here.

I don't think anyone anticipates that the FRANCHISE will be available for training camp and we don't want to run Kirk into the ground. My guess is that's why we've got 4. Kirk will run with the first teamers; White will probably run some of Griff's version of the vanilla stuff in preseason/advance the team a little further in practices; Sexy Rexy will clean up the rest.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Don't see a problem here. Having 4 quarterbacks going into training camp is not that unusual. Can White be put on the practice squad? If so, that might be a place for him to land, get experience and maybe grow into a roster spot somewhere, sometime in the future.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:22 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:as I said...........we have 4 qbs for training camp. What's the plan here.

That is they norm for most teams during training camp. Some will even have five. Considering RGIII may not be able to practice on training camp, that would put us under the norm.

White hasn't signed yet, that I know of, but even with him that only leaves the healthy QBs during the mini camps.

Nothing shocking here. Just what most teams do.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:30 pm

aswas71788 wrote:Don't see a problem here. Having 4 quarterbacks going into training camp is not that unusual. Can White be put on the practice squad? If so, that might be a place for him to land, get experience and maybe grow into a roster spot somewhere, sometime in the future.

Also will train our defense to better defend against the read option. I think its a very wise move. They'll be playing against a QB who is faster (or so it appeared to me on video) than Kaepernick & Wilson.

piglet

Postby rg3togarcon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:46 pm

People are making to big of a deal of all the QBs we have. We have backups. For insurance. And for practice. Just in case cousins or Rex or white goes down between now and preseason we have another backup. We also have veteran leadership to Kirk and white with Rex. And now we can practice against teams like San Fran and Seattle and Carolina with the signing of Pat White. It's just more depth to the team. Maybe having 4 QBs will offer some trade bait at some point.
Gone but not forgotten #21...forever in our hearts Sean Taylor

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:29 am

Rex is easing into his player-coach role. :wink:
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:

That is they norm for most teams during training camp. Some will even have five. Considering RGIII may not be able to practice on training camp, that would put us under the norm.

White hasn't signed yet, that I know of, but even with him that only leaves the healthy QBs during the mini camps.

Nothing shocking here. Just what most teams do.

+1

They may bring in one more
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:00 am

MS will only suit up 2 QBs in the regular season. Those will be RGIII and KC. My guess is the plan will be:

RGIII: #1 (once healthy)

KC: #2

Grossman: QB-coach-in-training (that won't suit up but was VERY effective last year assisting B-O-T-H RGIII AND KC)

White: RGIII preseason fill in and practice player
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:08 am

Same as always. Just with White and no Johnathan Crompton.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

swine

Postby SkinsFTW » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:55 am

What are the odds of White being cut in July/Aug and then signed for a week by the Giants? :lol:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:08 am

SkinsFTW wrote:What are the odds of White being cut in July/Aug and then signed for a week by the Giants? :lol:

AND ... I hope our first game is against the giants this season - there is no way that they are going to be ready for our offense ... NONE

the NFL should recognize the opportunity for this to be a 'must see' grudge match ... :lol:
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football