Antoine Winfield visiting on Wednesday

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:57 am

^^ to each his own - Seattle has added a very good player in Harvin but my point is that just adding a great player does not mean that he's going to be a great addition - it does not always work that way :)

The current Redskins FO is superior to Seattle

Wilson is a good QB but he's not nearly as good a QB or leader of the offense as RG3

BOT - Winfield is a 36 year old CB - adding him to a defense and saying it's a big deal is just not making sense to me - we shall see - maybe he can get some of those drugs that Sherman uses :lol:

some fans just do not get it and CH1 is certainly in that group :twisted:
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 am

SkinsJock wrote:Wilson is a good QB but he's not nearly as good a QB or leader of the offense as RG3

And how do you reach that conclusion? I feel the same way but I also understand that's it's totally arguable. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:11 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Wilson is a good QB but he's not nearly as good a QB or leader of the offense as RG3

And how do you reach that conclusion? I feel the same way but I also understand that's it's totally arguable. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer.

It's JUST an opinion - I look at RG3 as being a little bit special - part of it has to with his family and his military background; part of it has to do with his athleticism; part of it has to do with the fact that he was considered and prepared for athletics at the very highest level; part of it has to do with his school and college achievements; etc.. etc.. etc..

and most importantly how he made this franchise better

Wilson is just a good QB - IMO Robert Griffin III is a better QB

IMO if the 2 QBs changed teams - the team with RG3 is better :lol:

that's just my uneducated opinion

BOT - not having Winfield does not make our secondary 'weaker'

and

adding Winfield - CERTAINLY does NOT make the Seattle secondary better
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Turnover percentage, plain and simple. It's what makes RGIII the best QB in the NFL.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Might want to look into the use of IMO or IMHO.

Just IMHO. :)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Nope. Not opinion... fact!

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Turnover percentage, plain and simple. It's what makes RGIII the best QB in the NFL.

LMAO. RGIII is not the best QB in the NFL, sorry that's just stupid. LOL Let's be real here, RGIII was put in an offense that had training wheels (read option). The scheme froze defenses and made his job easier and thats what good coaches do for their rookies. Mike/Kyle were deservingly celebrated for catering to Roberts strengths.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Mike & Kyle DO deserve a lot of credit ... SO DO many others ...

Robert DID play a HUGE part in making things work so well .... :D

at this time I WOULD prefer RG3 over all the other QBs in the NFL - I'm NOT saying that he's the best QB in the NFL ... RG3 IS the best QB playing in the NFL RIGHT NOW for this franchise and this offense

AND

I'm not sure Russell Wilson could even beat out Kirk Cousins :twisted:

are we done with this - Winfield has signed with Seattle :wink:
Last edited by SkinsJock on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

LMAO. RGIII is not the best QB in the NFL, sorry that's just stupid. LOL Let's be real here

I am being real. Turnovers are the one statistic that is most closely related to wins and losses. Turn the ball over less, and your team has a better chance of winning. RGIII only had 5 picks last season (two of which were tipped balls that should have been caugh tand another where Paulsen quit on the route), and very few lost fumbles. Besides being top 5 in almost every QB category, I feel that his low turnover percentage makes him the best QB in the league. It certainly isn't laughable, like you're making it sound. It's easily arguable.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Winfield was a good signing for the Seahawks. They do not need him to play outside he can play the slot and close to the line of scrimmage, which is his strengths at his age. In that role he could play two years at a solid level. His knowledge of the game should also help develop the other corners on their team as well. People have to remember Winfield was a Top 5 CB in the league at one point legitimately.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

LMAO. RGIII is not the best QB in the NFL, sorry that's just stupid. LOL Let's be real here

I am being real. Turnovers are the one statistic that is most closely related to wins and losses. Turn the ball over less, and your team has a better chance of winning. RGIII only had 5 picks last season (two of which were tipped balls that should have been caugh tand another where Paulsen quit on the route), and very few lost fumbles. Besides being top 5 in almost every QB category, I feel that his low turnover percentage makes him the best QB in the league. It certainly isn't laughable, like you're making it sound. It's easily arguable.

Just my opinion of course but, any QB that has been in a trend of not turning the ball over is going to stretch the chains. Add that to all of his other attributes and you could be absolutely correct on that statement. I saw enough to know this guy is a beast and if healthy; will be the best or at least top 3.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:39 am

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

I'm sorry, but no. A rookie doesn't automatically become the best QB in football. The offense was made to supplement the deficiencies in his game.

A rookie without a playoff win, a rookie without a ring, a first year player without a body of work does not compare to Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, etc. Hell, watch the games... RGIII isn't required to make more than 1-2 reads on MOST plays. He stares WR's down. He has a lot of work to do, and I'm 100% sure he'll fix it BUT he's not there YET.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

I'm sorry, but no. A rookie doesn't automatically become the best QB in football. The offense was made to supplement the deficiencies in his game.

A rookie without a playoff win, a rookie without a ring, a first year player without a body of work does not compare to Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, etc. Hell, watch the games... RGIII isn't required to make more than 1-2 reads on MOST plays. He stares WR's down. He has a lot of work to do, and I'm 100% sure he'll fix it BUT he's not there YET.

I'm not saying those things aren't true. But the fact remains that not turning the ball over outweighs those deficiencies in his game.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:36 am

While Robert may not be the 'best QB in the NFL' - he IS one of the better QBs in the NFL - even after just 1 season

and

He's showing that he's got all the attributes to be a great QB for years to come :D
Last edited by SkinsJock on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 am

Deadskins wrote:I'm not saying those things aren't true. But the fact remains that not turning the ball over outweighs those deficiencies in his game.

The lack of turnovers was huge, it was special. But when placed within the context of what he was asked to do. Having a scheme that make throwing lanes unusually large. Only being asked to make 1-2 reads a majority of the time. That's why the turnover ratio doesn't make him the best QB, thats why it doesn't outweigh his deficiencies.

If you put Robert in Lucks offense, his turnovers would have been a lot higher and possibly higher than Lucks. Luck was used to making multiple reads and going through progressions and he struggled. Robert was essentially given training wheels (WHICH WAS A GREAT IDEA AND MORE COACHES SHOULD DO IT), which made his transition easier. But let's not speak as if he was running a complicated offense, he wasn't.

SkinsJock wrote:While Robert may not be the 'best QB in the NFL' - he IS one of the better QBs in the NFL - even after just 1 season

I can agree with that. I'd like to see him maintain it before crowning him, but I feel you.

SkinsJock wrote:he's the best QB that's playing in the NFL that's come into the NFL in the past 3 years

Again, you have to give him more time. Cam was amazing his rookie campaign, then he slumped. Will Robert slump? I dont think so, but we have to watch it play out.

SkinsJock wrote:I cannot think of ANY QB that's joined the NFL recently that is as good a QB and leader as he is

Totally agree.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football