Talib A Skin? (Update: re-signs with Patriots)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16260
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:24 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:Talib signed by NE, 1 yr. contract

Link?
Nevermind.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Not saying this isn't accurate, but there have been A LOT of false signings this year! How many time did Jake Long "sign" with the Rams? Or how about Dumerville agreeing to take a pat cut to stay with the Broncos.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13744
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: in RG3's corner

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:07 pm

there have been a lot of errors in reporting - too many could not wait to get the correct 'story' OR all the facts - they just wanted to be first

Dumerville did in fact agree to take a pay cut from 12M to 8M and it is 'assumed' that Elway will 'honor' this contract
I have heard that Dumerville will have a new agent shortly :twisted:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

the 'mudge
Posts: 14799
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:44 pm

SkinsJock wrote:there have been a lot of errors in reporting - too many could not wait to get the correct 'story' OR all the facts - they just wanted to be first

Dumerville did in fact agree to take a pay cut from 12M to 8M and it is 'assumed' that Elway will 'honor' this contract
I have heard that Dumerville will have a new agent shortly :twisted:
It's a no brainer for ELWAY to honor the agreement... the question is, will Dumerville be interested, now that he's getting queries from other teams... all of whom know what the terms "were"?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13744
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: in RG3's corner

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Countertrey wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:there have been a lot of errors in reporting - too many could not wait to get the correct 'story' OR all the facts - they just wanted to be first

Dumerville did in fact agree to take a pay cut from 12M to 8M and it is 'assumed' that Elway will 'honor' this contract
I have heard that Dumerville will have a new agent shortly :twisted:
It's a no brainer for ELWAY to honor the agreement... the question is, will Dumerville be interested, now that he's getting queries from other teams... all of whom know what the terms "were"?


very weird goings on this year

from all reports - Dumervil really wants to stay in Denver and has reportedly fired his agent and will bring in Condon and stay with the Broncos

apparently not interested in playing anywhere else ... at this time
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:18 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:there have been a lot of errors in reporting - too many could not wait to get the correct 'story' OR all the facts - they just wanted to be first

Dumerville did in fact agree to take a pay cut from 12M to 8M and it is 'assumed' that Elway will 'honor' this contract
I have heard that Dumerville will have a new agent shortly :twisted:
It's a no brainer for ELWAY to honor the agreement... the question is, will Dumerville be interested, now that he's getting queries from other teams... all of whom know what the terms "were"?


very weird goings on this year

from all reports - Dumervil really wants to stay in Denver and has reportedly fired his agent and will bring in Condon and stay with the Broncos

apparently not interested in playing anywhere else ... at this time


They took a $4M+ cap hit when the cut him... so his numbers will now be different (almost $5M higher in 2013) if he signs with the Broncos tan it would be for any team signing him to the same deal Denver offers.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13744
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: in RG3's corner

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:03 am

1niksder wrote:... They took a $4M+ cap hit when the cut him... so his numbers will now be different (almost $5M higher in 2013) if he signs with the Broncos than it would be for any team signing him to the same deal Denver offers.


word in NE is Bill Belicheat would love to take him away from Peyton/Elway
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football