The Dream Team is dead.

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

The Dream Team is dead.

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:03 am

Report: Eagles to cut Asomugha today

The Dream Team is dead. Long live the Dream Team.

Less than 20 months after emerging as the unexpected winner of the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes, the Eagles will release the veteran cornerback, according to Howard Eskin of WIP94 in Philly and FOX29.

Asomugha was due to make a base salary of $15 million in 2013. But the Eagles owe him $4 million guaranteed, without offset.

This means that Nnamdi will get $4 million from the Eagles, in addition to anything he earns elsewhere.

At the time Asomugha picked the Eagles, the Jets and Cowboys were chasing him. If the Jets jump back in now, it would be the clearest sign yet that they intend to trade Darrelle Revis.

UPDATE 10:48: And, of course, there are now multiple reports that Asomugha won’t be released today.

Mosr of the multiple reports say he'll be release just not today :twisted:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:14 am

Good thiny cap gate takes us out of the running for him if he is released... Smfh
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:39 pm

So soon? :twisted:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of schmoes. That was a very enjoyable two years for me. It's rare to see a legit contender self-destruct that flamboyantly.

And it just reinforces the danger of thinking you can buy your way through that last step to get to the SB. Philly was for years held up as the model of good front office work and personnel management. It can happen to the best of them.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Dream Team! DREAM TEAM! DREAM TEAM!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Around the League