2013 Combine

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
#######

2013 Combine

Postby The Hogster » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Only for the hardcore fans who watch this as much as possible. Post any players, articles and/or info that is noteworthy here.

Mayock and other "experts" have said that this year's draft is rich with linemen, and while the 40 doesn't tell the story--especially for linemen, it is interesting that this class is exceptionally fast for the position. Here are some of the top times from today's linemen. We will likely take a lineman at some point in this draft, so keep your eyes open for a potential future Skin.

On Saturday, it is the offensive linemen's turn to impress, and they haven't disappointed. After running the 40-yard dash, this year's group set a new speed standard with three men clocking in under five seconds.

Here is the list of the top 10 fastest times:

Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff: 4.65
Lane Johnson, Oklahoma: 4.75
Vinston Painter, Virginia Tech: 4.87
Kyle Long, Oregon: 4.93
Tanner Hawkinson, Kansas: 5.00
Brian Schwenke, California: 5.00
David Bakhtiari, Colorado: 5.01
Eric Fisher, Central Michigan: 5.01
Eric Baca, UCLA: 5.03
David Quessenberry, San Jose State: 5.06
All of those times are unofficial currently. Johnson also a 10-yard split time of 1.61, the fastest of any lineman.

A couple of the big names who didn't crack that list are Justin Pugh of Syracuse (5.10), Jonathan Cooper of North Carolina (5.13), Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M (5.22) and Chance Warmack of Alabama (5.50).

Kyle Long (Howie's son & Chris' bro) ran well. He is projected as a later round pick. Might be a fit in the ZBS.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:44 pm

I like Kyle long...plays nasty and quick. Not a whole lot of experience so it's kind of a gamble with our 2nd round pick. That's if he even falls that far.

I've said it in other threads, but I still really like Brian schwenke c Cal. Perfect for a zbs. Don't know anything about terron Armstrong, but he killed it today. At least worth a look, but could be another Bruce Campbell from a few years ago. Looks good on paper but never sees the field

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Jeremy81 wrote:I like Kyle Long...plays nasty and quick. Not a whole lot of experience so it's kind of a gamble with our 2nd round pick...

we keep hearing about our '2nd round pick' ... :shock:

where does this come from
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:13 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Jeremy81 wrote:I like Kyle Long...plays nasty and quick. Not a whole lot of experience so it's kind of a gamble with our 2nd round pick...

Huh? Do you not know we have a second round pick? Or is this some inside joke i'm not privy to?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Jeremy81 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

Huh? Do you not know we have a second round pick? Or is this some inside joke i'm not privy to?

:oops: I thought we gave up 2 firsts and 2 seconds for HIMSELF

what a steal :D

no worries - carry on :lol:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Return to General Manager's Office