2013 Combine

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
#######

2013 Combine

Postby The Hogster » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Only for the hardcore fans who watch this as much as possible. Post any players, articles and/or info that is noteworthy here.

Mayock and other "experts" have said that this year's draft is rich with linemen, and while the 40 doesn't tell the story--especially for linemen, it is interesting that this class is exceptionally fast for the position. Here are some of the top times from today's linemen. We will likely take a lineman at some point in this draft, so keep your eyes open for a potential future Skin.

On Saturday, it is the offensive linemen's turn to impress, and they haven't disappointed. After running the 40-yard dash, this year's group set a new speed standard with three men clocking in under five seconds.

Here is the list of the top 10 fastest times:

Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff: 4.65
Lane Johnson, Oklahoma: 4.75
Vinston Painter, Virginia Tech: 4.87
Kyle Long, Oregon: 4.93
Tanner Hawkinson, Kansas: 5.00
Brian Schwenke, California: 5.00
David Bakhtiari, Colorado: 5.01
Eric Fisher, Central Michigan: 5.01
Eric Baca, UCLA: 5.03
David Quessenberry, San Jose State: 5.06
All of those times are unofficial currently. Johnson also a 10-yard split time of 1.61, the fastest of any lineman.

A couple of the big names who didn't crack that list are Justin Pugh of Syracuse (5.10), Jonathan Cooper of North Carolina (5.13), Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M (5.22) and Chance Warmack of Alabama (5.50).

Kyle Long (Howie's son & Chris' bro) ran well. He is projected as a later round pick. Might be a fit in the ZBS.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:44 pm

I like Kyle long...plays nasty and quick. Not a whole lot of experience so it's kind of a gamble with our 2nd round pick. That's if he even falls that far.

I've said it in other threads, but I still really like Brian schwenke c Cal. Perfect for a zbs. Don't know anything about terron Armstrong, but he killed it today. At least worth a look, but could be another Bruce Campbell from a few years ago. Looks good on paper but never sees the field

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Jeremy81 wrote:I like Kyle Long...plays nasty and quick. Not a whole lot of experience so it's kind of a gamble with our 2nd round pick...

we keep hearing about our '2nd round pick' ... :shock:

where does this come from
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:13 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Jeremy81 wrote:I like Kyle Long...plays nasty and quick. Not a whole lot of experience so it's kind of a gamble with our 2nd round pick...

Huh? Do you not know we have a second round pick? Or is this some inside joke i'm not privy to?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Jeremy81 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

Huh? Do you not know we have a second round pick? Or is this some inside joke i'm not privy to?

:oops: I thought we gave up 2 firsts and 2 seconds for HIMSELF

what a steal :D

no worries - carry on :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Return to General Manager's Office