Who do we want to win on Sunday...?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.

Who do you want to win on Sunday...?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:08 am

Baltimore
58%
San Fran
42%

Total votes : 12
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:43 pm

I got one more reason - I hate 'em.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:43 pm

"WE" want the Redskins to win on Sunday... but, I guess... "WE" don't always get what "WE" want...

SOOOOOOOO... "I" will just look for some good beer and wings, instead... and will watch Colin Kaepernick screw the aging Buzzard D into the ground... because, we already know, that's what's going to happen... Yeah... I'm clarivoyant like that...

HTTR...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:01 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Oh naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw Hogster.. I'm talking Uptown, Soufside, MoCo, PG, and everywhere else considered DC Metro.

We don't **** wit dem bamas ATALL!!!

Bmore has always grudged us because they are little NY while we are little NOBODY.

Heck, this past weekend while I was over the folks in NE.. my man's cousin from Bmore was there and we even asked him.. if Skins was in the SB would YOU root for us. You know that bama said hell naw.. he'd NEVER want any of our sporting teams to win anything.

I said good, * ya'll too!!!.. that sentiment was all over the place.

I don't know about VA but DC Metro, we can't stand them.

Oh, and to answer the "for what" question.. cause we are that close and we can't stand hearing them bamas brag about anything. So * the Ravens, the Orioles, any future sporting teams, their lacrosse teams, and anything from Bmore not named "The Wire" and the Harbor.

And * any Bmore apologists too!

That may all be true, but that's a cross town rivalry. Not a football rivalry. I don't know your friend, but I have several BMore fans who wanted the Skins to win in the playoffs. We play them maybe once every four years. No matter how superior I know DC is to Baltimore, there isn't enough bad blood between the Washington Redskins & the Baltimore Ravens for it to be a football rivalry.

I have no beef with anyone rooting for the 49ers. There are valid reasons to. If you want to see Randy Moss get a ring, or you like Kaepernick, dislike Ray Lewis, or whatever. But, to say that Redskins fans in DC can't pull for the Ravens because they are in Baltimore is borderline silly. I don't like Baltimore as a city. But, that's because I don't like the city at all. I respect their team though. I like the way Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ray Rice, T Suggs play football. And, when you fly into BMore the airport is Baltimore Washington International (BWI).

I'll never pull for an NFC team that is far more likely to interfere with our making the playoffs and winning a Superbowl over a hometown AFC team. Can't see the football logic. Especially since this will be the 6th Lombardi for the 49ers adding further separation between them and us.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 am

* Bmore

all aspects of it
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:40 am

SMH

People have short memories. All through my childhood in the 80s and 90s the Skins had beef with the 9ers much like we now have with the Seahawks. Nobody cares about an AFC team that you play almost as often as the Olympics roll around. But whatever.

SF kept us from reaching the NFC Championship game in 1993 by a touchdown.

Kept us from reaching the NFC Championship game in 1991.

We played them in the NFC Championship game in 1984.

And countless other times, qualifying for the playoffs had to do with them.

The Redskins could have had 3 Superbowl Trophies in the early 90's if it wasn't for the 49ers eliminating them. The NFC representative won the Superbowl every year the 9ers knocked us out of the playoffs. If the NFL puts an AFC team in Alexandria Virginia that we play every 4 years, that won't make them a rival. If there's no real football reason to hate each other, then it's meaningless. I hate several cities. That doesn't make it a football rivalry.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:09 am

=D>

Nice.

Not sure if that was for me but I don't recall saying anything about a football rivalry though.

* Bmore.. again.

Go 9'ers... I can tolerate the one SF fan in my office talkin trash compared to the 7 here who are Ravens fans. 4 out of those 7 who say my Skins will still suck no matter how good a QB we have, 5 of them call us deadskins just to annoy me, and all 7 remind me that they have a better team.. constantly.

You can root for whoever you want obviously for whatever reasons but I'm rooting against Bmore and will continue to do so forever unless they are playing against the NFC DURING the regular season.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:=D>

Not sure if that was for me but I don't recall saying anything about a football rivalry though.

Yeah it was for you. :lol:

Remember this??

langleyparkjoe wrote:
410 and 202 rivalry goes beyond sports and I'll leave it at that and if you are a native of either place, you already know what I mean.

Like I said, my fiance did her residency in BMore. 4 long years. Every time I hit 295 and went there, spent weekends there etc, I gave her hell about how awful the city is in comparison to DC. But, when it comes to football, there isn't enough history for me to care...in fact their proximity and the players they have make me want them to rep the region.

Root for whoever you want. But, no way do I forget how much I hated the 9ers for not only beating us in the playoffs those years, but turning around and losing to the Giants and Cowboys who went on win the Superbowl those years. They kept 2 more Lombardy trophies from Gibbs.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:55 am

The Hogster wrote:I'm over the people who are condemning Ray Lewis over the 1999 case. He probably was with the wrong crowd at the time. Shocker. Kid from inner city goes to college, does the right things, makes it, has millions of dollars, and his "friends" who are still in the inner city tag along and trouble happens. Wow. Big shock. Mix young kids from poor areas, surround them with women, money and alcohol - then put them around other liquored up guys from the inner city and well...somebody can get into a fight trying to prove whatever they're trying to prove. Happens all the time, but we don't hear about it. All it takes is one guy to do something criminal, and the person with the biggest name is implicated in it.

Bottom line is Ray Lewis didn't get convicted of anything, and I doubt he did anything. I live in DC and not only has Baltimore represented the area well while we've totally sucked. But, they are an AFC team whose success rarely if ever impacts ours.

I am a die hard Skins fan, and I can recall at least 3 big playoff games where we had to go through San Fran. As a football purist, DC native, I am pulling for the Ravens.

Not to mention, my fiance did her residency at UMD & Mercy Hospital in MD, so I became familiar with the Inner Harbor, Fells Point and other areas. Those people are blue collar and go hard for their team. Their games versus the Steelers remind me of our Cowboy games minus the national scope of it.

Though I'm not a Ravens fan, I do respect Ray Lewis. How do I know? Simply because of my relief he wasn't playing against RG3. He is a powerful LB and deserves that recognition.

I agree with you about his involvement. I mean even the victim's "friend" who was there said that Lewis was in the car fixing to leave when the two victims (hate calling them that) came up to the car stirring things up.

Bottom line, I feel not one bit of sorry for these two kids who were killed. They ran their mouth to ppl who could kick their @$$ and then used a weapon over the head of Ray's friend.

Things went crazy from there. That said, Lewis' two friends should be in jail. What they did wasn't excessive...but then again I wasn't there. Just hard to believe these big guys had to use knives on these skinny kids.

The "friend" who was there did say that Lewis tried to break he fight up and the driver said he saw Lewis raise his fist but didn't see him throw a punch. Bottom line, Lewis was trying to break the fight up, had every right to throw a punch if they were trying to attack him, and after his idiot friends stabbed one of the guys he either fell on Lewis or grabbed a hold of him.

If it were me, I would have done the exact same thing; told everyone to shut their mouths and would have gotten rid of the suit. In court, it would be impossible to prove that you were merely trying to control your dumb@$$ friends with a victim's blood on YOUR clothes.

Happy retirement Ray...enjoy watching us whoop on your boys for many many years to come :)

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:29 pm

Wait.. I did say goes beyond sports right? :lol:

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:26 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Wait.. I did say goes beyond sports right? :lol:

True. I'm here to remind us who the 49ers are. And, what they've done to our Lombardi collection. And perhaps most importantly. They sent us Vinny Cerrato.

Lets go RAVENS! :twisted: Rep the DMV well.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:34 pm

The Hogster wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Wait.. I did say goes beyond sports right? :lol:

True. I'm here to remind us who the 49ers are. And, what they've done to our Lombardi collection. And perhaps most importantly. They sent us Vinny Cerrato.

Lets go RAVENS! :twisted: Rep the DMV well.

:shock: @ Vinny

But Vinny is a Raven guy now.. another reason I won't root for those jerks. :lol:

And Bmore could never ever ever ever ever rep DMV cuz DMV was named for the DC area parts of MD and VA.. jus fyi.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:22 pm

The 9ers are the better team. I'm no fan, in fact, I detest them... just being real. We already know that the Ravens d can't answer the read option... and the Ravens o won't be able to beat the 9er's d.
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:37 pm

In addition to my long standing NFC hate for the 9ers, I hate seeing them run our offense with a knock off version of RGIII. I seriously don't get why folks want them to win!!

Do you really want another fanbase with idiot fans popping up all over the place talking about One for the Thumb?? When that team kept us from getting 5 SB titles under Gibbs???

We would have won the Superbowl each year under Gibbs that the 9ers beat us. I'm repping the Ravens.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 pm

The Hogster wrote:In addition to my long standing NFC hate for the 9ers, I hate seeing them run our offense with a knock off version of RGIII. I seriously don't get why folks want them to win!!

Do you really want another fanbase with idiot fans popping up all over the place talking about One for the Thumb?? When that team kept us from getting 5 SB titles under Gibbs???

We would have won the Superbowl each year under Gibbs that the 9ers beat us. I'm repping the Ravens.

I hate the 49ers too - for all the reasons you cite and then some. I just hate the Ravens more.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 pm

Ravens... meh...

49ers... meh...