Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby 44diesel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:29 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234853/article/rgiii-could-get-allclear-thursday-to-play-in-redskins-opener

Dr. Andrews will evaluate RGII's knee when the Skins travel to Florida to face the Bucs on Thursday and will decide whether or not he's medically cleared to play Monday night vs Philly.

"Even if Andrews gives the thumbs-up, the final decision on whether Griffin plays in the Sept. 9 opener rests with the coach. Shanahan has said that even if Griffin is medically ready, the coach could see something in practice that might give him pause."

Side note: my favorite quote from the article was actually Mike Shannahan on his qb for Thursday's game. "Pat White will play the entire game, unless he goes down. If he goes down, Rex will go in. If he goes down, I'm going in," Shanahan said with a laugh. :wink:
"Givin'em the Business!"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:02 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234853/article/rgiii-could-get-allclear-thursday-to-play-in-redskins-opener

"Even if Andrews gives the thumbs-up, the final decision on whether Griffin plays in the Sept. 9 opener rests with the coach. Shanahan has said that even if Griffin is medically ready, the coach could see something in practice that might give him pause."

The word "setback" comes to mind. Where have I heard that word?

:hmm:

BTW - That was a great show on ESPN about Griff's will to win.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Hail yeah it was! It's so inspiring to see someone with so much drive and passion to be the best at their craft. I'm proud that man is our QB.

I'm so pumped to get this season started! :twisted:
"Givin'em the Business!"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 pm

... and, then he opened up a Facebook post to answer questions, right at 8:00 sharp... very cool.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football