Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby kmiec » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Did anyone else listen to the Shany presser and her a different tone in his voice when speaking about the injury and MRI. He would not say what the initial diagnoses was because "sometimes old injuries MCL/LCL can cloud the MRI results. I don't remember the MCL even coming into the conversation after RGIII first MRI on the sprain. I'm hoping they are just causious.

cleg

Postby cleg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Dude is hurt. I would be really surprised if he was ready for the season.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Postby threeflight » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:53 pm

I personally think Shanny's putting off the announcement to hide it for another day so that things cool down for him. Rg3 already had a MRI and they know how bad it is, they just want to wait to be 100% sure via a second opinion. These doctors aren't retarded, they have to know. It's certainly logical that they would want a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews, but I think they already know it's very bad.

Redskins fans are speculating it's a torn ACL and PCL. I have no idea where they got that info from but that would be awful for his future.

RG3 gonna go on that dreamer bulk, shoot some hgh in that knee, and take a ride on the cycle. 245lbs next season and become a pocket passer.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:05 pm

Him not being ready for next season is a bit extreme (unless of course this is a really BAD tear and not a bad sprain or small tear). There have been major developments in knee surgery (if that's what is needed) and we'll have eight months to recover if needed.

Although there are many variables that go into recovery time, it usually takes six to eight weeks for patients to recover fully from arthroscopic knee surgery (rehab time would add a lot more to that, but that depends on many variables).

That includes ligament repair and even bone fragment removal. I'm hoping his injury isn't that severe but even if it is, we've seen other athletes fully recover from major knee surgery and return to the game 100%...sometimes even better than they were before.

If the absolute worst should happen and we loose RG3 for the season, remember dear friends, we have Cousins, Alfred Morris, and many injured reserve players returning to the game.

With a revamped defense and some additions to the line (maybe even another great receiver?), we'll be more than threatening with Cousins behind the snap.

I would hate to see RG3 sit a whole season out, but if that is what the doctor recommends to play it safe, I'd tied down RG3 for the year so he can't move around (not literally of course).

Friends, RG3 made a massive difference in our TEAM. The coaches made even below average players play at an above average level in the matter of months.

If we are relying on RG3 to win games for us...we never had any hope to begin with. Strong defense = less points scored by the other team. Cousins is learning under a gifted coach (who, like all of us, can my bone-headed decisions at times), and he will only get better.

This is exactly why we should be keeping Cousins for years to come. RG3 is better than him, so its justifiable that Cousins is his back up. In 5 years from now, Cousins might be the new "savior" of our franchise. We don't know how long RG3 will last in the NFL and I'd be d@%$ed if I'm going to start posting "WE NEED A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK!!" for the next 20yrs again.

Keep your heads up fellow Skins fans. There is more reason to be optimistic about the team then there is to think the worst.

May God bring swift and thorough healing to RG3 and may he bless the abilities of Kirk Cousins.

HTTR!!!
Last edited by HTTRRG3ALMO on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Just heard a radio report that said it was torn ACL & PCL. He's out 14-18 months, but hoping for a second opinion.

I'm not too happy that he continued to play yesterday. The coaches can be faulted. RG III, himself, can be faulted to a degree. To hear him in his presser yesterday, he didn't feel the team could win without him. You have to have faith in your teammates. Hand the reins over to Cousins when you're limping like that. It's not like he had an a$$ like Jay Schroeder behind him.

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Sure looked like the ACL was injured on the repaly, i'm hoping it wasn't but am expecting that to be the outcome.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:28 pm

oneman56 wrote:Sure looked like the ACL was injured on the repaly, i'm hoping it wasn't but am expecting that to be the outcome.

I agree. I thought that was fairly clear on the replay. I personally believe this was confirmed based on the comments provided below:

“Right now, I really don’t know,” Shanahan said, saying sometimes MRIs show old injuries."

RGIII previously had an ACL tear on that knee. As someone whom has had this test done, they are fairly accurate and the test most likely showed an ACL tear -- and MS/Doctors are just running additional tests to make sure that there wasn't a glitch due to his previous ACL tear.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I read it.
Last edited by markshark84 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Just heard a radio report that said it was torn ACL & PCL. He's out 14-18 months, but hoping for a second opinion.

I'm not too happy that he continued to play yesterday. The coaches can be faulted. RG III, himself, can be faulted to a degree. To hear him in his presser yesterday, he didn't feel the team could win without him. You have to have faith in your teammates. Hand the reins over to Cousins when you're limping like that. It's not like he had an a$$ like Jay Schroeder behind him.

I heard the same thing about twenty minutes ago, but ESPN radio is saying now that the website they got the initial report from is pulling the story, meaning it was fabricated......as are hundreds of stories in todays up to the minute internet world we live in.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Just heard a radio report that said it was torn ACL & PCL. He's out 14-18 months, but hoping for a second opinion.

I heard the same thing about twenty minutes ago, but ESPN radio is saying now that the website they got the initial report from is pulling the story, meaning it was fabricated......as are hundreds of stories in todays up to the minute internet world we live in.

You'd think reporters would be more careful to get their information from credible "in the know" sources.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:

Yeah, I got home and switched from ESPN to NFL Network to Comcast and have found no confirmation to the radio report. The radio station that I heard that on was XL102 -- a rock station. It was the DJ who said it inbetween songs and not in a joking sort of way. I'm certainly hoping that report was/is completely wrong.

All that being said, I still wish he'd been pulled either by the coaches or himself. He wasn't able to get the same zip on his throws much less run well. I hope he is alright.

HAIL

P.S.

Adrian Peterson got hurt by a helmet to the knee -- not because of the turf. Screw ESPN. Trey Wingo, you are a Trey WIngo. STFU.

cleg

Postby cleg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Two stepa forward and three steps back for this franchise. Very, very diappointing.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:

You'd think reporters would be more careful to get their information from credible "in the know" sources.

Not in today's day and age, it's all about who breaks the story first. ESPN is the worst culript.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:

Not in today's day and age, it's all about who breaks the story first. ESPN is the worst culript.

Agreed my friend. Can't believe I'm saying this but maybe a season out and seeing his gifted backup running the show next season would be his wake up call. Hope that's not the case, but this is exactly why I don't think we should trade Cousins. I'm beginning to believe he is the future of the franchise...happy for him, but heart-broken for RG3

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm

I'll wait for the Post. I'm hopeful.

As mentioned above by HTTRRG3 (and welcome, Post Number 17!), Cousins is no slouch and the team will get Orakpo and Carriker back, plus probably find a big and fast safety.

This team will improve.

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:14 pm

I'm now hearing stories that its a partial tear of the ACL and MCL and they need to determine if its from an old injury or not. Apprently it was Fred Smoot shooting all of those unsubstantiated rumors about a torn PCL and ACL and him being out 14-18 months.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football