Where's Aldrick Robinson?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
G4L

Where's Aldrick Robinson?

Postby Gibbs4Life » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Didn't see him take a snap in the last two games? He's got elite speed so why not use him more?
HAIL

DarthMonk

Re: Where's Aldrick Robinson?

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Didn't see him take a snap in the last two games? He's got elite speed so why not use him more?

I almost feel like Kyle is using a random number generator to get his play mix - including personnel.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Our WRs have been tearing it up the past six games. Why do we care where Aldrick Robinson is?

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:08 pm

It's just odd he killed it in Dallas then disappeared from the lineup
HAIL

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:It's just odd he killed it in Dallas then disappeared from the lineup

Ah gotcha. I'd just guess not enough balls to go around. Garcon, Moss, Hankerson and Morgan have all had big games and made big plays since then.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Teams are taking away the deep shots. Moss, Garçon and Morgan are better route runners.

I'd like to see Aldrick get the ball in space.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Teams are taking away the deep shots. Moss, Garçon and Morgan are better route runners.

I'd like to see Aldrick get the ball in space.

I agree..

Although I'd personally like to see Morgan get the ball more.. I like his toughness and drive to get yac. Him and Garçon have the knack to turn an ok or even negative play into a big play.

Robinson is a good go deep, drawl defenders or get open guy but like you said our go to guys are the crisp route runners w better yac potential
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piglet

Postby GFlanagan3 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:54 pm

how much longer will we keep all of them? I am LOVING the production we get out of Moss but...how long can we keep him? what about the others? comments?

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:10 pm

I am suprised with the disappearance of robinson as well. He caught deep td passes in both the first beagles game, and the cowturds game. Especially yesterday, when the bagles were keying to stop the run in the first half, a deep threat may have opened things up some.

That said....garcon has certainly shown his value to our team. Morgan has really come on the past couple of games.....moss has had some pretty catches to go along with a couple of costly fumbles....and hank has even stepped up and seems to be involved more in the o.

But, robinson is supposed to be our burner......lets see if we use him vs thecowturds this sunday night.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

piggie

Postby burgngold4life » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:35 pm

I agree w/ Chris.

I'd love to see Aldrick get the ball in space too... get him involved in an end around or two... or some screens.

Maybe even let him return a punt or kick off.... his speed is far too great to not try to utilize more.

piggie

Postby burgngold4life » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:38 pm

GFlanagan3 wrote:how much longer will we keep all of them? I am LOVING the production we get out of Moss but...how long can we keep him? what about the others? comments?

I say we keep Moss until he wants to retire.

He's one of my favorite players of all time.... just comes in and does it job, and does it at a high level year in and year out.

I love his work ethic... and I say we keep him until he decides to hang it up for good.

HTTR!

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:49 pm

It's not a mystery or some kind of unknown disappearance. It's simply a numbers / depth chart thing.

Robinson is a back-up to Garcon. When Garcon was sidelined with the injured foot, Robinson got plenty of playing time, and made the absolute most of his opportunity. But now that Garcon is back playing, Robinson's playing time has been limited with Garcon, Morgan, Moss and Hankserson getting the majority of the snaps. Robinson certainly didn't do anything to lose playing time.

I think our WR core as a whole has been pretty impressive this year. Of course it helps when they have a competent QB throwing to them. But RG3 has spread the ball around nicely, hitting multiple receivers in every game. In fact, even Cousins spread the ball around effectively, completing 70% of his passes to 8 different receivers. That's also indicative of good play calling.

With Garcon, Morgan, Moss and Hankerson all playing well, it's just hard to find enough passes to go around and to include Robinson. However, I know the coaches like Robinson and his speed, and Robinson has certainly taken advantage of his opportunities when Garcon was out. Just like with all our WR's, I like Robinson a lot and it would be nice to see him torch the Cowboy's secondary next week.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football