Redskins - Smeagols post-game thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Redskins - Smeagols post-game thread

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Dream team! DREAM TEAM! DREAM TEAM!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:51 pm

1 more time
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:24 pm

I don't know about next week's game. The Skins looked flat to me today, on both sides of the ball. I'm not as worried about the offense as I am the D. I think most of today's semi-lackluster performance by the O was due to Shanny toning it down so RGIII didn't over-exert that knee. They're gonna have to put that O in full swing next week...I have a feeling that one's gonna be a shoot out.

My main concern is with the D. They should've been able to do a better job shutting down that offense. I mean it's not like the Skins were playing a Patriots-like offense...and with the season on the line, they let this game get a lot closer than it should've been. I know, I should quit whining because we got the win, but my worry is, we're either gonna have to put more points on the board, or play a lot better D if we're gonna beat Dallas.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Next week is a playoff game. Thankfully for us, we have RG III and they have Romo. It's the playoffs, baby. 8)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:05 pm

grampi wrote:I don't know about next week's game. The Skins looked flat to me today, on both sides of the ball. I'm not as worried about the offense as I am the D. I think most of today's semi-lackluster performance by the O was due to Shanny toning it down so RGIII didn't over-exert that knee. They're gonna have to put that O in full swing next week...I have a feeling that one's gonna be a shoot out.

My main concern is with the D. They should've been able to do a better job shutting down that offense. I mean it's not like the Skins were playing a Patriots-like offense...and with the season on the line, they let this game get a lot closer than it should've been. I know, I should quit whining because we got the win, but my worry is, we're either gonna have to put more points on the board, or play a lot better D if we're gonna beat Dallas.

Geez man, can't you ever have a positive thought?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:20 pm

I am confident about next week, but we got zero help in the games we needed today. We have no room for error next week. We could have had the luxury of losing next week and still getting the WC if Houston and Arizona would have showed up today.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Screw everyone else

We win we are in with the NFC East.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:51 pm

RGIII was clearly NOT going full bore (as per a gameplan, I would say). Bottom line, WE WON.......!!!

Next week, RGIII will be on FULL DISPLAY.

Just hear this song in your head: "moma said KNOCK YOU OUT" and that's what we're gonna do to the pukes..
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:19 pm

WE

WANT

DALLAS!!!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:21 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:RGIII was clearly NOT going full bore (as per a gameplan, I would say). Bottom line, WE WON.......!!!

Just hear this song in your head: "moma said KNOCK YOU OUT" and that's what we're gonna do to the pukes..

RG3 was very effective in running a pure WCO today... that bodes very well for the future... making all the reads, quick release, excellent job.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:06 am

I want to point out this NUGGET:

88 Garcon is a BALLER all the way around. When "his" ball was intercepted by the iggles........88 runs and runs and runs and makes the tackle on the guy who intercepted him.

He has NO QUIT and this TEAM has NO QUIT...........!!! HTTR
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:07 am

Darn near busted an artery today. Great win bring on the cowgirls! HTTR
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:42 am

So nice to see the 'Skins take care of business.

It's on, now.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:40 am

grampi wrote:I don't know about next week's game. The Skins looked flat to me today, on both sides of the ball. I'm not as worried about the offense as I am the D. I think most of today's semi-lackluster performance by the O was due to Shanny toning it down so RGIII didn't over-exert that knee. They're gonna have to put that O in full swing next week...I have a feeling that one's gonna be a shoot out.

Don't see this as whining. I note your tendency to be a bit south of apocalyptic. But the O was a bit flat but for each of its scoring drives (especially that beauty of a touch pinpoint accuracy throw from griff to 'tana). They will all need to play better next week, however, in a winning streak that spans 6 games, they can not all be 30 point games (though we did manage 27) nor all be impressive in both their aesthetic and conclusion. So chalk it up to that and get ready for some fireworks, because we do know who rises to the occasion on the big stage and who doesn't.
LETS GO SKINS.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:57 am

Countertrey wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:RGIII was clearly NOT going full bore (as per a gameplan, I would say). Bottom line, WE WON.......!!!

RG3 was very effective in running a pure WCO today... that bodes very well for the future... making all the reads, quick release, excellent job.

slow =D>
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football