Cowboy Tix on Craigslist

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Cowboy Tix on Craigslist

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:37 pm

I will be attempting to acquire tix on craigslist for face. I have yet to fail. Times change, though. I just saw this ad on craigslist:


To everyone listing tickets for hundreds of dollars for the Skins Cowboys game,

Remember when you didn't go to any of the cold weather Redskins games the past 8 years? Remember when you sold your tickets to fans of the other team and we got embarrassed in our own stadium time and time again? And now that we are good and all the fans come out of the woodwork, you try to charge 4 times face value for the tickets? If you have tickets for this game, you should be going to it. If you can't go to it, sell the tickets to friends who are Redskins fans who want to go, and don't gouge them. $300+ for upper level tickets is a joke. "$500 FIRM" for lowers is a joke. This fan base has too much money and not enough heart.

Go F yourself.

A real Skins fan.



I will bring this thread to the top as things evolve but until then -if you have tix and can't go, a PM would be very cool.

Needing a miracle, Deadman.

Image

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15750
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Cowboy Tix on Craigslist

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Needing a miracle, Deadman.

If I were going to be in DC, I'd give you that miracle (FOC of course). 8)
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:41 am

May have just hit paydirt.

[-o<
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10963
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:39 am

Having to deal with / listen to / witness bandwagon "fans," though incredibly annoying, is a nice change of pace.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ
Posts: 12937
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Having to deal with / listen to / witness bandwagon "fans," though incredibly annoying, is a nice change of pace.


I understand that there are a lot of fans in DC that have tickets and most likely will not make the effort to go ....
HOPEFULLY, next Sunday, they will ONLY sell their tickets to Redskins fans

maybe we'll convert some stupid puke fans this week - how can you root for those homos and live in the DC area?
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1636
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:17 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Having to deal with / listen to / witness bandwagon "fans," though incredibly annoying, is a nice change of pace.


I understand that there are a lot of fans in DC that have tickets and most likely will not make the effort to go ....
HOPEFULLY, next Sunday, they will ONLY sell their tickets to Redskins fans

maybe we'll convert some stupid puke fans this week - how can you root for those homos and live in the DC area?


AGREE!!!!!!!!

Being that there is a large Cowboys fanbase in DC, I am afraid they will show up and make this a 50-50 event (much like the PITT game a couple years ago or even the NYG game this year --- at least on TV you could 100% hear ther fans making serious noise).

This needs to be a home game in every sense of the word. Hopefully we'll win @ PHI this week and the Cowboys will lose to NOLA ---- so week 17 won't matter either way.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10963
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:39 pm

markshark84 wrote:This needs to be a home game in every sense of the word. Hopefully we'll win @ PHI this week and the Cowboys will lose to NOLA ---- so week 17 won't matter either way.


It will still matter. Actually Cowboys loss this week might make wk 17 do-or-die for them and make the game even more important. (I.e., they might lose all hope of a wild card spot.)

Provided the Giants lose one of these last two weeks, our Dallas game will likely decide who wins the East.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

DarthMonk
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:49 pm

DarthMonk wrote:May have just hit paydirt.

[-o<


Nope. Dude must have found out he wasn't charging enough when the dealers started emailing bigger offers.

Back to the drawing board.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:34 am

An ad from this morning:

Charging $400-$1000 for $100 is just being an ass. I know it's Xmas time and everyone could use a little extra money but get real people. I will be going through and Flagging all Ad's selling tickets for ridiculous prices. Good luck !!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4204
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:17 pm

I'll say one thing. If the stubhub/ebay market is any indication, that game vs. the Cowboys is going to be packed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:29 am
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Postby SKINS#1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Another consideration when selling tickets. In the past when the Redskins were not winning, there were times I could not give tickets away and a couple of my friends turned in their season tickets for this reason. Now, with them winning again the supply and demand drives the price up. What's wrong with this, free enterprise at work.

DarthMonk
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:40 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:Another consideration when selling tickets. In the past when the Redskins were not winning, there were times I could not give tickets away and a couple of my friends turned in their season tickets for this reason. Now, with them winning again the supply and demand drives the price up. What's wrong with this, free enterprise at work.


Nothing wrong at all. Bummer, though. I'm also seeing a lot of reposting. Sellers are not getting what they're asking for. The market at work.

May have just found 2 lowers at face.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

cleg
Posts: 2634
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Postby cleg » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:58 pm

I spent multiple hundreds of dollars to buy standing room tickets from the Redskins so I could bring my kids to the game. Living in Philly I have to work extra hard to make them Redskins fans because they are growing up in Eagles country. The tickets I bought were inflated by the Redskins for this game - they usually give those tickets away. No Christmas love anywhere - plus I just had to pay twice the price plus shipping for a parking pass from some twerp on the internet as well.

All that said - me and the kids will be at the game in Philly this weekend and the Pukes game next week. HTTR.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

DarthMonk
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:15 pm

cleg wrote:I spent multiple hundreds of dollars to buy standing room tickets from the Redskins so I could bring my kids to the game. Living in Philly I have to work extra hard to make them Redskins fans because they are growing up in Eagles country. The tickets I bought were inflated by the Redskins for this game - they usually give those tickets away. No Christmas love anywhere - plus I just had to pay twice the price plus shipping for a parking pass from some twerp on the internet as well.

All that said - me and the kids will be at the game in Philly this weekend and the Pukes game next week. HTTR.


http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tix/3494439329.html

craigslist in Philly -

4 tickets to eagles vs redskins on Sunday dec 23,2012 1:00pm... Tickets are face value @ $75 each section 207 row 9 seats 6-9... Email me and we will set up exchange, thanks
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4034
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:56 pm

cleg wrote:I spent multiple hundreds of dollars to buy standing room tickets from the Redskins so I could bring my kids to the game. Living in Philly I have to work extra hard to make them Redskins fans because they are growing up in Eagles country. The tickets I bought were inflated by the Redskins for this game - they usually give those tickets away. No Christmas love anywhere - plus I just had to pay twice the price plus shipping for a parking pass from some twerp on the internet as well.

All that said - me and the kids will be at the game in Philly this weekend and the Pukes game next week. HTTR.


With parenting like that, I'm sure they already hate the pukes and the fecals! Well done sir!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football