Beginning to feel a bit like the Nats

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:46 pm

Nooooooooooooooooo! The Skins are going to complete the job. RGIII over Peyton Manning in the SB. You heard it here first.
:wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Re: Beginning to feel a bit like the Nats

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:53 pm

welch wrote:Last season, I started with some hope, and then dread as so many players got hurt. Thought it was over when Wwerth broke his wrist, while Morese was still out, and Zimmerman had shoulder problems. The Nats kept on winning, somehow, and Harper took over an OF position and could be be sent down for nothing.

UI began to really like the team when they had Lombardozzi in LF and their third minor-league catcher behind the plate, and Moore hitting homers, and LaRoche,.

Getting to be the same with the Skins.

This is still a good position to be in. I was hoping for 8&8,9&7,10&6 at best. What ever happens I am happy with our effort. Too bad our defense wasn't playing better in the start.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:35 pm

I wrote a thoughtful post that went somewhere else.

- The Nats will be good for a long time

- So will the Redskins: special guys stepping up. We see that they are NOT just a freakishly great young QB, but an entire team.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:04 pm

welch wrote:I wrote a thoughtful post that went somewhere else.
Maybe you should ask for a GPS for Christmas...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

-----------

Re: Beginning to feel a bit like the Nats

Postby Smithian » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:02 am

welch wrote:Last season, I started with some hope, and then dread as so many players got hurt. Thought it was over when Wwerth broke his wrist, while Morese was still out, and Zimmerman had shoulder problems. The Nats kept on winning, somehow, and Harper took over an OF position and could be be sent down for nothing.

I began to really like the team when they had Lombardozzi in LF and their third minor-league catcher behind the plate, and Moore hitting homers, and LaRoche.

Getting to be the same with the Skins.

Coming to trust this squad and to like them. Morris and the splashy car he did NOT buy. London Fletcher, who plays on and on. The OL getting better each week. Robert Griffin III, who wants to be a lawyer, says his father, because you can't assume that a pro athletic career will go on forever.
NATITUDE!
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Countertrey wrote:

No GPS.

Every night I drive home up the Jersey Turnpike. One evening I was passing Newark Airport, which has about six exits that will take you anywhere from Allentown, PA, to the Holland Tunnel to upstate NY.

Big SUV just ahead begins to drift from right lane to center, then back to right lane, then straddles the lines...keeps drifting back and forth.

I see a chance and rev up to about 85 or 90 (we're all doing 80) and zip past the guy, and as I pass I see a big glowing colorful screen on his dash.

This guy is concentrating on the GPS lady, when all he needs is to read a map and then read a big green sign...Exit 14 or whatever.

GPS? Bah!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:05 am

welch wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

No GPS.

Every night I drive home up the Jersey Turnpike. One evening I was passing Newark Airport, which has about six exits that will take you anywhere from Allentown, PA, to the Holland Tunnel to upstate NY.

Big SUV just ahead begins to drift from right lane to center, then back to right lane, then straddles the lines...keeps drifting back and forth.

I see a chance and rev up to about 85 or 90 (we're all doing 80) and zip past the guy, and as I pass I see a big glowing colorful screen on his dash.

This guy is concentrating on the GPS lady, when all he needs is to read a map and then read a big green sign...Exit 14 or whatever.

GPS? Bah!

Nah, he was watching the G-stings lose to the Redskins on MNF.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football