If cousins starts vs browns: We will lose

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:53 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm a bit late coming back to this thread.......did we lose?
Nah... we're ok... but this thread was a definite loser!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:58 pm

riggofan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Then you take the deal. If KC, JAX, the Cards, or Oakland want's to give up the first overall pick, then you ask "where do I sign?"

Won't get a peep outta me in that scenario.. see ya Cousins! :lol:

Yeah. And I am on the "keep Cousins" wagon, but I agree with that. If somebody comes up with a stupid offer like that then you kind of have to take it.

You have to look at those teams though and wonder how likely it is that they would be or even can afford to be that aggressive. Didn't Arizona and Oakland give up picks recently for Kolb and Palmer? Didn't Jax just spend a first rounder on Gabbert? KC isn't that far behind. What did they spend to get Cassel?

Its probably a little bit pie-in-the-sky to think we're getting any crazy offers for KC1 these teams.

I would MUCH prefer that we keep Cousins, but on the other side of coin you need to strike when the iron is hot. That said, the iron could get hotter is KC is given more opportunities to play...... but I still wouldn't trade him this offseason. He's under contract another 3 years after this season. In order to get value, we'd most likely have to trade him after next season because if too much time elapses, RGIII stays healthy, and he doesn't play -- people will forget about what he's done and he'll lose value on the open market.

Just for kicks, I personally believe that the teams most interested in a trade (in order of likelihood) would be:
1) NYJets. If Ryan and Tannebaum are still the coach-GM combo I could see them make a crazy overpayment for KC -- more than other teams would be willing to give. As such, they would be the frontrunner.
2) AZ, but I see them drafting someone
3) KC taking KC.......
4) JAX if they don't go after Tebow (and this would be a horrible situation for Cousins)
5) CLE if they get a new coach
6) Bills -- although I don't see them trading for KC as they rarely trade away high picks (the last time they did so was nearly 10 years ago to draft JP Losman I believe).
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Keep Cousins until Kyle Shanahan gets a HC job. Then work a trade for the Captain. He should be worth a 1st + by then.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:27 pm

markshark84 wrote:5) CLE if they get a new coach

Well, they did get to see him up close. I'm sure it didn't go unnoticed that our backup is better than their starter. :)

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:49 am

funsho2 wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:Do you know the lotto numbers for the upcoming drawing?? Do you know if it will rain next Sunday?? You seem to know an awful lot throwing out a statement like that.

I am telling you that the browns are no joke....look at what they did to the steelers with the best defense in the league....

Brownstains and steeler are over-rated
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:19 am

The Browns fan hung around all week, then grabbed his purse and hit the highway as soon as the game started. Typical coward. He's not missed.

I don't expect any E-girl fans to show up since they have nothing to live for now. :lol:
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:34 am

Countertrey wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm a bit late coming back to this thread.......did we lose?
Nah... we're ok... but this thread was a definite loser!

and yet .... :lol:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 am

Bob 0119 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Thank you for this!

Thanks. We'll see if this kid has the balls to show himself after basically everything he said all week was wrong..........

To be fair; he's in the middle of a two week ban, so even if he wanted to come back and eat crow (which we know he wouldn't) be couldn't.

Yeah, it's been much longer than a week now and the kid "DOGSRBACK" still won't be a man and admit he was completely wrong.

Since the kid was a total troll I doubt he still visits the site, but I would love to know what he thought about my boy Morris' 200 & 3 TD performance against the Cowboys. TRich most likely won't have a game like that in his entire career.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:16 am

markshark84 wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Thank you for this!

Thanks. We'll see if this kid has the balls to show himself after basically everything he said all week was wrong..........

To be fair; he's in the middle of a two week ban, so even if he wanted to come back and eat crow (which we know he wouldn't) be couldn't.

Yeah, it's been much longer than a week now and the kid "DOGSRBACK" still won't be a man and admit he was completely wrong.

Since the kid was a total troll I doubt he still visits the site, but I would love to know what he thought about my boy Morris' 200 & 3 TD performance against the Cowboys. TRich most likely won't have a game like that in his entire career.

He only had that kind of game because of RGIII, anyway. ALL 11 defenders were too busy looking at Griffin to be worried about some crappy 6th round running back. TRich went to Alabama, he must be better.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football