Jake for HOF

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 pm

welch wrote:Should we remember that Jim Lachey "owned" LT: so nimble that Taylor cpuldn;t get around, so strong that Taylor couldn;t go through him. Belicheck finally took to hiding LT, sending some to engage Lachey, and then having Taylor rush. Could not beat Lachey one-on-one

Nobody else got around Jacoby, and Big Joe played so long that he started at LT, RT, and G, I think.

How many tackles, other than Lachey and Mark May, were nearly as good as Jacoby during his time?

That's the question: who else?

NO ONE PERIOD.......

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:01 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Chris Samuels went to more Probowls than Jacoby. To me that shows why PB numbers shouldn't be used as a measuring stick.

As someone that has seen them both play I can tell you Jacoby was better.

From a pure gallant stand point Lachey was better than with, but Lachey's career want long enough.

Exactly
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:01 pm

I'll always remember a quote from Joe Bugel about Jacoby (from an an old VHS tape about the '87 Championship season) where he referred to him as "Interstate 66" because wherever he was going, the backs where following.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football