Seahawks corners busted for PEDs

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Seahawks corners busted for PEDs

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:31 pm

No wonder they were playing "lights out".......!!!

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Seahawks starting CBs Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner are both facing four-game suspensions for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing drugs.
Per Schefter, Sherman and Browner are appealing the bans and "insist they are innocent." The substance for which they were popped is unclear, but their agents claim it's Adderall. Sherman and Browner are integral to Seattle's defense as physical press cornerbacks who make it incredibly difficult for opposing receivers to run pass routes. Sherman is more a shutdown-caliber corner. Browner is 6-foot-4 and more of a ballhawk. We should know more by early this week.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

---

Re: Seahawks corners busted for PEDs

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 am

tribeofjudah wrote:No wonder they were playing "lights out".......!!!

Well, from what I read Adderall doesn't give you any physical advantages.

And let's not act like the NFL always does things the right way...

Per Wikipedia
Wiki wrote:The New York Giants running back Andre Brown (American football) faced a four-game suspension for violating NFL's performance-enhancing substance ban. Brown said: “It was something that I've been on since I've been in the league, which was Adderall. I just forgot to fill out some paperwork and that was it.” [50] Brown eventually won an appeal, and had his suspension lifted.[51] Another Giants player, Tyler Sash, was suspended for four games by the NFL in July 2012 after testing positive for Adderall four months earlier. The safety said in a statement that he took the drug legally and "under a doctor's care for an anxiety condition" to help him with public speaking.[52] The New York Giants safety Will Hill (American football) was charged a four-game suspension for violating NFL's performance-enhancing substance ban. Hill said: “"I received a doctor's prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants” [53] Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib has been suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances. Talib released a statement saying his suspension was a result of testing positive for Adderall: "Around the beginning of training camp, I made a mistake by taking an Adderall pill without a prescription,".

I'll reserve judgement until all the facts come out. The NFL is notorious for making up their own facts, or have we all forgotten about cap-gate already?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Around the League