Cowpies LOOOOOOOZE post-game thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Countertrey, I bet you couldn't eat 50 hard boiled eggs.
I'm 60... I've already eaten several thousand.
Give me 10 days, and I can get in another 50!
:P

50 hard boiled eggs in sixty minutes!

Fine... 10 minutes today, + 10 minutes tomorrow, +...

The youngin' 'round here have no idea what we're talking about. Par for the course, that.

What we have here... is failure... t' c'municate.
Last edited by Countertrey on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Tonight showed the potential of this team.
Without a doubt we have our own triplets:

RGIII
Alfred Morris
Pierre Garcon

With these three healthy and our O is clicking.

For the most part, I thought the play calling was better than in most games. I still don't understand the number wide pitches with a slow back like Morris. The 2nd down pass in the middle of the field with 9 minutes to go and two TD lead was a questionable play call with a rookie QB. If one feels that they most pass to a planned rollout and a bootleg but a planned roll out otherwise read option.

Haz, called a great game up until the soft zone calls late in the game which allowed a TD within 3 minutes. The 85 yarder was on the players. Pass rush didn't contain. Wilson diving for the ball? Make the stop in that situation.

Intensity of the players is way up. They are hitting hard. Madieu Williams great TD saving play. We can win with this talent.

Love for Chief to get a chance to break down the All -22 to see if the D is doing anything different - blitz schemes? coverages? Positioning Players.

Have the utmost confidence that we will beat the Giants. Proved we can beat them last time. Will do it next Monday Night.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Red_One43 wrote:Tonight showed the potential of this team.

RGIII
Alfred Morris
Pierre Garcon

For the most part, I thought the play calling was better than in most games. I still don't understand the number wide pitches with a slow back like Morris. The 2nd down pass in the middle of the field with 9 minutes to go and two TD lead was a questionable play call with a rookie QB. If one feels that they most pass to a planned rollout and a bootleg but a planned roll out otherwise read option.

Haz, called a great game up until the soft zone calls late in the game which allowed a TD within 3 minutes. The 85 yarder was on the players. Pass rush didn't contain. Wilson diving for the ball? Make the stop in that situation.

Intensity of the players is way up. They are hitting hard. Madieu Williams great TD saving play. We can win with this talent.

Love for Chief to get a chance to break down the All -22 to see if the D is doing anything different - blitz schemes? coverages? Positioning Players.

Have the utmost confidence that we will beat the Giants. Proved we can beat them last time. Will do it next Monday Night.

I never understood the pitches either Red. I think you have to once in a while; but don't make it a staple for this runner. He runs best in the middle. Got try once in a while though.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:

RGIII
Alfred Morris
Pierre Garcon

I never understood the pitches either Red. I think you have to once in a while; but don't make it a staple for this runner. He runs best in the middle. Got try once in a while though.

Once in awhile - I agree.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

RGIII
Alfred Morris
Pierre Garcon

The only reason I think they keep it in the gameplan is that it sets up the fake-pitch roll out play action for Robert.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Yup. it's part of the whole package, and sets up other things... and every once in a while, he's going to pop through the line and end up with a one on one matchup against a CB... who wins that one?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

RGIII
Alfred Morris
Pierre Garcon

The only reason I think they keep it in the gameplan is that it sets up the fake-pitch roll out play action for Robert.

I think that you are right on why we use it. Perhaps, I am letting past games effect my criticism on it today. It might also serve to soften up the D as Morris knocked some heads on some of those plays. At least, today, we didn't use it on third and inches. LOL

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:15 am

The prevent sissy crap haz to go asap... The aggressive D caused turnovers and PREVENTED touch downs. Pretty clear what to do to me...

As for Hall.. ya winning by more on the card is cool... But like Red said, risking injury to other players on ko and D is pointless.
And as a certified puke HATER I love the ending! He did better then score a td he rubbed thier damn faces in it!
Best way to beat the pukes?
Victory formation on their one! Lmmfao I loved it hail to victory! Great W on a great day, we've been long starved of this type of thing
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:45 am

I think this was the best game of RG3s career so far. Man how sweet it is. Eating mounds of fat on Thanksgiving day watching my team embarrass our most hated rival. Oh yeah! :D
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:50 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:The prevent sissy crap haz to go asap... The aggressive D caused turnovers and PREVENTED touch downs. Pretty clear what to do to me...

As for Hall.. ya winning by more on the card is cool... But like Red said, risking injury to other players on ko and D is pointless.
And as a certified puke HATER I love the ending! He did better then score a td he rubbed thier damn faces in it!
Victory formation on their one! Lmmfao I loved it hail to victory! Great W on a great day, we've been long starved of this type of thing

The defense played there hearts out in the first half. They also deserve credit for saving a would be touchdown in the final minutes.

I do agree though the prevent should be used sparingly. I actually think a cover three while sending 5 to pressure the QB is all thats needed.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:53 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:The prevent sissy crap haz to go asap... The aggressive D caused turnovers and PREVENTED touch downs. Pretty clear what to do to me...

not to excuse us, but every team at seemingly ever level does this and it sucks. I have for years racked my brain with the question "IF A worked all game to get you the lead you are trying to protect, why in Hades are you switching to B (the prevent)? Wouldn't continuing to do A make more sense?"
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:09 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Imagine if Dwayne Bowe decided to come hear next year.......

Huh? Our offense is 7th in the league, I believe we are in good shape at receiver. Got to keep in mind everything is neeeew this year. Kyle and Mike pretty much put in a new offense around RG3. Tough to grade out these guys when we are a run first offense and we put the ball in the air less than 28 other starting qbs in the league.

Let these guys develop like all other receiving crews in the league that have been in the same offense with same qb for years.

Morgan, Hank, Robinson, Paul (te), Paulson, Briscoe, Banks are all under 27 years old and have not hit a ceiling to their talent hopefully.

If we can get him for peanuts yeah why not but I doubt it, we have other areas of need.

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:42 am

The Good

RG3 - Amazing
Pierre Garcon - Big time catch...toughed it out
Kai Forbath - clutch kick!
Santana Moss - big plays
DeAngelo Hall
Oline - First game I ever seen Ware not have a sack. I know a few others got in free a few times but with the rotation of Ware everywhere along the line I thought they did pretty good.

Kyle Shanahan

The Bad
Josh Wilson - Whats up with this guys footing this year? Big play on the fumble (after he was beat) but he had another PI this game and gave up two touchdowns. I think they need to put him more in the slot especially when a team get in the redzone....in no way should he playing the outside and matched up against all these 6+ ft receivers one on one.

Haslett - Was going to put him on here but now that I think about it, he's really hurting with the talent around him. Would like to see a speed pass rushing package in when you know the Cowboys will pass 100% of the team up 3 touchdowns, however realized we only have Chris Wilson smh. Was sad seeing Jarvis Jenkins doing a stunt late in the 3rd qtr with absolutely no speed coming around the corner.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:57 am

Countertrey wrote:Pierre Garcon is a difference maker...

+1

PLUS Santana (clutch) Moss & the incredible talent that is RG3 - UNBELIEVABLE
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:40 am

Funny thing; during the game one of the Cowboys forum closed its site down to visitors. You could only read the message board if you were a member. I've never seen that before. :)
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football