Cowpies LOOOOOOOZE post-game thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge
Posts: 14797
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:41 pm

fetus wrote:
MtSherwood7 wrote:i imagine we can backload the contract, no?

and be fined again by mara and co.

D looked solid until that 4th quarter. Just kills me that we could stop them on a drive when all they do is pass and we know they are going too.

but a win is a win.

HTTR
as I said... Merriweather... :cry:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Class by Hall, but I really wished he had scored just in case there is a tie breaker in the future. We weren't well ahead but he showed maturity.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14797
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:50 pm

I'd have taken it in... It's Dallas. I'm surprised he didn't... as a Redskins fan, he knows the history... when you have them down... give them an extra kick.

It was a bang bang play... no one would have called him selfish for scoring...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3392
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Countertrey wrote:I'd have taken it in... It's Dallas. I'm surprised he didn't... as a Redskins fan, he knows the history... when you have them down... give them an extra kick.

It was a bang bang play... no one would have called him selfish for scoring...


And yet, after all the years of "Meangelo" I'll commend him for taking the slide.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:33 am
Location: MiddleONowhere, Iowa

Postby TimSkin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I need to go back and quote some of negative Nancy's.
There is some good material in the Game Day thread... knock yourself out! LOL


except for that one dude redskin fanatic I think who said he hoped the team would crash and burn in the plane on the way home...now that is uncalled for IMO
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3392
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 pm

RG III doesn't know who Cool Hand Luke is. Quite possibly the sweatiest movie in history.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14797
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:RG III doesn't know who Cool Hand Luke is. Quite possibly the sweatiest movie in history.

Reporter: "Your coach says you're like "C ool Hand Luke"... do you know who "C ool Hand Luke" is?"

RG3: "Must be pretty C ool."


Image

Yeah... pretty c ool... LOL
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11106
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:16 pm

We got it done. Curse broken. Now NY, Phily, and Dallas are on notice: welcome to the new NFC East. Get used to it; it should be like this for at least another 7-8 years.


And yes, I wish Hall had run it in. 45-31 just sounds better.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3392
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Countertrey, I bet you couldn't eat 50 hard boiled eggs.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14797
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Countertrey, I bet you couldn't eat 50 hard boiled eggs.
I'm 60... I've already eaten several thousand.
Give me 10 days, and I can get in another 50!
:P
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3392
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Countertrey, I bet you couldn't eat 50 hard boiled eggs.
I'm 60... I've already eaten several thousand.
Give me 10 days, and I can get in another 50!
:P

50 hard boiled eggs in sixty minutes!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14797
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Countertrey, I bet you couldn't eat 50 hard boiled eggs.
I'm 60... I've already eaten several thousand.
Give me 10 days, and I can get in another 50!
:P

50 hard boiled eggs in sixty minutes!


Fine... 10 minutes today, + 10 minutes tomorrow, +...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3392
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Countertrey, I bet you couldn't eat 50 hard boiled eggs.
I'm 60... I've already eaten several thousand.
Give me 10 days, and I can get in another 50!
:P

50 hard boiled eggs in sixty minutes!


Fine... 10 minutes today, + 10 minutes tomorrow, +...


The youngin' 'round here have no idea what we're talking about. Par for the course, that.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I'd have taken it in... It's Dallas. I'm surprised he didn't... as a Redskins fan, he knows the history... when you have them down... give them an extra kick.

It was a bang bang play... no one would have called him selfish for scoring...


And yet, after all the years of "Meangelo" I'll commend him for taking the slide.


Agree with both of you. Nothing wrong with scoring on that play and wish he did because it was Dallas, but the slide ended the game and ended any chance of any Skin getting hurt on the KO and the last garbage play. I commend him as well for the slide. It was the team thing to do.

Hog
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:35 pm

I was thinking beating them on their turf would be near impossible. Soon our destiny is in our hands as long as Greenbay comes through HTTR

I kept telling folks that the cowpies are really much better than their record and still think so. I just think we are better now and have a chance in December with a Giants loss.

Our prevent early on is the reason for their comeback. Our prevent sucks. JH defense was working in the first half because we were aggressive.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football