Playoffs...Playoffs??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:40 am

jmooney wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Well lets at least put some gas into the Bandwagon to get ready. The next few weeks will tell us a lot.

First things first got to take care of TTiT.

The Bandwagon runs on DIESEL not gas , lol.

Not only that, but it's been just waiting on passengers for two weeks, but so far, I've only got a few. I don't know how much longer I'm willing to wait, you better get on now. After we kick the Pies butts today, everybody and their brother is going to want on. And the rates won't be so cheap. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks CLL - my point was that Brandon's enthusiasm on the sidelines seemed to carry over even after he was hurt

the defense needs to all pull together and continue to play like they did last week

we can do this
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

piggie

Postby capitaldefense » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:15 pm

The Panthers loss hurt our chances big time, in the end we will probably fall a game or two short. With one of the worst defenses in the league RG3 and company will need to score a bunch every week and that is to much to ask from an offense.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Seems that there is one buzz kill after another tonight... let me be the first to remind folks that this game is OVER if RG3 does not throw that pick, deep in Redskins territory,which directly led to a big Dallas score...

That, sir, was on the offense, not the defense, and changes the way the D has to play for the rest of the game. The D can be called to account for a number of failures this year... tonight's game was not one of them.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:57 am

The D went nearly seven quarters without giving up a td...
The game wasn't as close as it looked.. some poor calls good breaks and a lot more bs got thepukes within two scores.. we let off the gas to early yet again but this was domination and we will see more. Hail to the playoffs !
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:25 am

We REALLY needed RG3 to do his thing ....

we ALSO need Kyle to come up with better run packages so that we don't have to rely on some great plays by RG3 and his wideouts

loved a couple of those throws and catches at the end

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:45 am

I'm not thinking about the playoffs, right now. The only game I'm concerned with is the Giants next Mon.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:53 am

I'm sorry - this is a fan site - we CERTAINLY can and SHOULD think we can be in the playoffs - WTF :lol:

win one game at a time, no worries - win them all and we're the NFC EAST champions - :shock:

we are not a consistently good team yet but we're getting there and I'm loving what we're seeing

can't wait to see this franchise next season too ... when we have an OC that will make better decisions :lol:

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:15 am

SkinsJock wrote:I'm sorry - this is a fan site - we CERTAINLY can and SHOULD think we can be in the playoffs - WTF :lol:

win one game at a time, no worries - win them all and we're the NFC EAST champions - :shock:

we are not a consistently good team yet but we're getting there and I'm loving what we're seeing

can't wait to see this franchise next season too ... when we have an OC that will make better decisions :lol:

If Kyle stays it won't irk me that much. Now if Hassel is still here! :evil:
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:21 am

not sure if either Kyle or Jim are here - actually I hope all 3 are gone ...

HOWEVER .. I'm pretty sure we'll see Mike back but the other 2 have a lot of work to do ...

the defense has not been bad the past 2 weeks but Kyle's play calling has NOT - he's lucky his QB and wideouts bailed us out

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:16 am

I don't know much, but I know I'm rooting for the Packers of Green Bay this weekend.

I hate when we play MNF. Sitting around watching everyone else play drives me crazy. If the Pack can get it done, we can pull ahead of the Giants next week with a win and RGIII seems to do some of his best work when he knows the world is watching.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:04 pm

capitaldefense wrote:The Panthers loss hurt our chances big time, in the end we will probably fall a game or two short. With one of the worst defenses in the league RG3 and company will need to score a bunch every week and that is to much to ask from an offense.

That's the realistic view, no doubt. Even so, I will be so glad if we are at least in the playoff hunt through December. You guys all know how year after year our season is over by the end of November/first week of December. I'm so sick of watching those meaningless games.

btw I think if any game hurts our chances its going to end up being the last minute loss to the Giants. The Panthers spanked us, never really close. But we had that Giants game and it was in the division.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:16 pm

SkinsJock wrote:not sure if either Kyle or Jim are here - actually I hope all 3 are gone ...

HOWEVER .. I'm pretty sure we'll see Mike back but the other 2 have a lot of work to do ...

the defense has not been bad the past 2 weeks but Kyle's play calling has NOT - he's lucky his QB and wideouts bailed us out

Man, I know you're not a big Kyle fan and have some legitimate complaints, but come on. The team scored 69 points the past two weeks. Our offense is ranked #7 in the entire league right now. No doubt RGIII gets a lot of credit, but there is no way Kyle doesn't deserve some praise and no way he's not back next year.

Fans seem to want to have it both ways on the coordinators sometimes. Haz is a bad coach because his defense is ranked near the bottom, and he cannot use a lack of talent as an excuse. But Kyle with his unit ranked near the top is a bad coach because he has one super talented player on his team?

I don't know if Kyle has been spectacular this year or not. But considering the questionable state of our offensive line going into this year, I think he's done a decent job.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:46 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:not sure if either Kyle or Jim are here - actually I hope all 3 are gone ...

Man, I know you're not a big Kyle fan and have some legitimate complaints, but come on. The team scored 69 points the past two weeks. Our offense is ranked #7 in the entire league right now. No doubt RGIII gets a lot of credit, but there is no way Kyle doesn't deserve some praise and no way he's not back next year.

Fans seem to want to have it both ways on the coordinators sometimes. Haz is a bad coach because his defense is ranked near the bottom, and he cannot use a lack of talent as an excuse. But Kyle with his unit ranked near the top is a bad coach because he has one super talented player on his team?

I don't know if Kyle has been spectacular this year or not. But considering the questionable state of our offensive line going into this year, I think he's done a decent job.

+1!

Seriously SJ! Criticizing Kyle after the past two weeks when we have put up +30 on the Egirls and Cowgirls is just not smart. It shows some one bashing some one else just because they don't like them, not because of anything that has to do with reality.

You think Aldrich freaking Robinson got wide the frak open on two long scores w/o a very well designed and timed play call. Or how about Niles stumbling bumbling Paul getting so wide open that he can catch the pass roll around,, stand up and back into the end zone before a very good secondary can get anywhere near him?

No I don't like some of his play calls, but overall he has been doing a fantastic job this year. So good a job that he if being considered for the Phily HC job when Andy Reid is fired.

This team has score a many 30+ point games this year in eleven games as we have in the previous NINETY games. Yes, that is almost six years!

Complaining about Kyles play calling this year is about as smart as complaining about kickoffs from a rookie kicker that is 10 for 10 on FG attempts and most of those have been over 40 yards. Neither is very smart.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:46 pm

riggofan wrote:

+1!

Seriously SJ! Criticizing Kyle after the past two weeks when we have put up +30 on the Egirls and Cowgirls is just not smart. It shows some one bashing some one else just because they don't like them, not because of anything that has to do with reality.

You think Aldrich freaking Robinson got wide the frak open on two long scores w/o a very well designed and timed play call. Or how about Niles stumbling bumbling Paul getting so wide open that he can catch the pass roll around,, stand up and back into the end zone before a very good secondary can get anywhere near him?

No I don't like some of his play calls, but overall he has been doing a fantastic job this year. So good a job that he if being considered for the Phily HC job when Andy Reid is fired.

This team has score a many 30+ point games this year in eleven games as we have in the previous NINETY games. Yes, that is almost six years!

Complaining about Kyles play calling this year is about as smart as complaining about kickoffs from a rookie kicker that is 10 for 10 on FG attempts and most of those have been over 40 yards. Neither is very smart.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football