Kirk Cousins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Kirk Cousins

Postby llcc25 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:40 am

Can we trade him for some help on D??? its clear he is a waste of a 4th round pick riding our bench. horrible pick given we had so many other holes to fill...

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 am

Wasn't a waste when Rgiii took a hard hit plus elbow to chin... You want Rex in?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby llcc25 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:07 am

we are not in a position to stockpile talent at a position that doesn't need help right now. granted cousins was prob best value pick based on waht the pundits said, but for our team, we had so many glaring holes on D, i believe that should have been the greater concern. football is a team sport last i checked. how many ints, sacks, pass deflections has cousins been good for on the bench??? nada...as much as its nice to have good depth at qb position, NFL is a league that is about winning now. Its clear RGIII is ready to win now so with that in mind, cousins isn't doing much for us right now.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 am

I don't really agree that Kirk Cousins is a luxury. We've got a mobile QB who takes a lot of hits. You would have to be a total idiot not to have a reliable backup there.

I'll play your game though. Maybe Cousins to Dallas for CB Mike Jenkins?

ATX

Re: Kirk Cousins

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:54 am

llcc25 wrote:Can we trade him for some help on D??? its clear he is a waste of a 4th round pick riding our bench. horrible pick given we had so many other holes to fill...

You think one guy, and a snap decision at best is going to help this defense?
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:40 am

llcc25 wrote:we are not in a position to stockpile talent at a position that doesn't need help right now.

You're right, drafting a single player to back up the most important position on the field is stockpiling. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:47 am

llcc25 wrote:Can we trade him for some help on D??? its clear he is a waste of a 4th round pick riding our bench. horrible pick given we had so many other holes to fill...

Would you rather have just one more body in the defensive backfield unable to hold things together? Because that's all a 4th round pick on D was likely to get us. You rightly point out that the team went for the highest value at the time, but it also addressed a need. We've already seen how easy it is for RGIII to miss time.

Trading Cousins now would be the worst of both worlds. We'd be spending a semi-valuable pick on a long-term project and then selling it off right away for probably the lowest price we'll ever get for him. A terrible idea on more than one level.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Please god, no, don't reactivate Wrecks Grossly.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Last edited by markshark84 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Doing that would be extremely short sighted --- and is the Snyder MO (i.e., the philosophy of giving up more in the future to receive less now). So, no -- don't do it; that is a stupid idea.

If we gave up Cousins now, it would appear to other NFL teams that either we are desperate or that we now have lost faith in a QB that threw 2 INTs in 9 passes. Becasue of this we'd get nothing for him -- honestly, we could even get a 4th for him if we put him on the market......

Lets be honest with ourselves: this isn't our year. We still need to build. Stop being impatient. Don't allow impatience to stop the progress the team is making. A 2nd string qb is part of the progress. It's like your asking if we should literally cut our nose off dispite our fact. Stop it. I see no point in trading away young skilled positioned players for less than their actual value. That is what stupid teams do.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby the poster » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:54 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Wasn't a waste when Rgiii took a hard hit plus elbow to chin... You want Rex in?

he threw two interceptions and one touchdown in that game. Rex WAS in.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:56 pm

People wayyyy over rate his value. In April, every team passed on him three times and some did four times. Skins fans took a quick liking to him and declared that he was starting caliber and we could trade him one day for a #2 and maybe even a #1.

Why would any team that passed on him for a #3 just six months ago suddenly be willing to give us much for him now? Sure, I'd like him to develop into the next guy who's not going to replace Brady and we get a ton for him, but that's not happening for a good couple of years, and don't assume it will happen then.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and the pick. Just the idea that he's suddenly valuable because we're smug for getting him with a #4 doesn't translate into a lot of trade value this fast.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:05 pm

It all goes back to losing Sean. I don't know if our D will ever fill that void again. Trade Fred Davis for Champ Bailey.
HAIL

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:54 pm

the poster wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Wasn't a waste when Rgiii took a hard hit plus elbow to chin... You want Rex in?

he threw two interceptions and one touchdown in that game. Rex WAS in.

wrong, AGAIN MARAhole.

lie with statistics, his overall performance was not at all bad for a rookie in his first relief. 98+ QBR. Looked worse than it was 'cause RGIII is so awesome.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Sigh...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football