Brandon Banks - The Wide Receiver

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:07 pm

I agree with both sides this one. If Banks continues to struggle and eventually hurts the team. Then a switch has to be made. However I do want to give him a little more time because I believe if he gets it together we will have a weapon on special teams.

Special teams coach may need to go as well. I believe we have had two punts being blocked on the offensive side as well. So I am all for a change at Special teams coaching if no improvement is made.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:26 am

The fact remains that Brandon isn't used correctly or enough. The best time to use a player that small and that fast is either in games like the Steelers when the field conditions are bad, or on turf. All this dude needs is an opening and who will catch him. I have seen him warm up and he can catch. Seems to me that just like RG3 Kyle should be smart enough to put some plays in just for Banks. I bet Sean Payton would love to him...and I bet if that was ever to happen everyone on this board complaining that he needs to get cut would be back on here upset we let him go.............SMDH!!!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm

He's got to go now right? RIGHT?!

I saw him last night go every direction except forward.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Postby yupchagee » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:51 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:He's got to go now right? RIGHT?!

I don't know if the problem is Banks or Smith. What is Thrash doing these days?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:52 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:He's got to go now right? RIGHT?!

I think it's pretty clear the coaches have given up on him. No involvement on offense anymore. With Garcon back and with just a few weeks left to play, there's probably no point in cutting him now. But I'd be willing to bet he's among our pre-draft personnel moves this offseason.

I loved Niles Paul's kickoff return. Best return we've had in at least a month, if not more.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:03 pm

And has anyone noticed that in the last couple of weeks our two best returns were Robinson and Paul(last night) who just ran the ball FORWARD?

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Exactly, at this point banks should throw on a polo and carry a gatorade bottle onto field during timeouts.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:46 pm

The Brandon Banks hate comes and goes in cycles. If he beats the Ravens on a return TD, then people will have to dab the foam from their angry mouths until he has another dropoff. LOL

Seriously though, I don't know what games people watch, but he has NOWHERE to run. The bad decisions are on him, but I think he's just tired of having nowhere to go.

This is not all on him. We know what he can do. The better question is who replaces him? People always want to bench a guy but have no real idea of who replaces him.
Last edited by The Hogster on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm

The Hogster wrote:The Brandon Banks hate comes and goes in cycles. If he beats the Ravens on a return TD, then people will have to dab the foam from their angry mouths until he has another lul. LOL

Duuuuuude, we hear this from board members every week... He can't even get past the 15 from the goal line.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Not hate, just think we have other guys who can do better. When was the last time Banks took it to the house?

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:49 pm

People argued against him even making the team! He's a lightning rod.

But to FLWSkin's point. Devin Hester went 2 years between return TDs. Chill people.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 pm

The same logic applies to Banks as Gano. For some reason fans loved Gano, even though he sucked. For some reason, fans hate Banks, even though he's broken many long returns including some for TDs.

Give him time.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:53 pm

The "some reason" is that all he does is dance around and run sideways and doesn't really help us. We have better returns when someone else gets it and runs straight up the field. Why should we wait for Banks to do something just to show he can?

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:55 pm

The Hogster wrote:The same logic applies to Banks as Gano. For some reason fans loved Gano, even though he sucked. For some reason, fans hate Banks, even though he's broken many long returns including some for TDs.

Give him time.

He's had time, too much time in my opinion. He's getting worse by the week.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:59 pm

If he wasn't the best we have, Mike Shanahan would not have him back there. You folks need to chill.

He gives us the best chance to go the distance. Nobody will gain yards with 8 guys in your face. Coaches see what fans don't.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football