2012 Honest predictions

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:53 am

emoses14 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
the poster wrote:
Chris Luva wrote:Sadly, too many fans don't realize how terrible the organization was. They don't understand how much work has gone into it. This franchise is not what it used to be, but at least we're no longer the laughing stock of the league. It's an organization that's viewed in a positive light now. I'm grateful for that.

the team needs to win games first.

Excellent point, you always are on target. Just for my reference, how many games do we need to win? At what point can we bring you back into the fold and count on your support?

Didn't you know, Frank? He's the only real fan out there.

Yes, Jeremy is the standard of fans. True fans hate their team unless they justify their support. True fans are disgusted by your effort unless you dominate your opponent in every conceivable way. True fans throw lightning bolts at their enemies before devastating them, after which they will thank you for the lesson. Just to know Jeremy is enough for me, I could never be like him, it's just to exacting a standard. And crap, I just spelled "too" wrong. Jeremy will be disgusted. Oh well, I deserve it, I just can't achieve his standard...

As for the question, I'm more interested in how many wins Jeremy thinks we will get. And even moreso in how many it would take to bring him back in the fold.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby VRIEL1 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Ok since we are doing this. I'm doing my best to keep my "Redskins Goggles" off my head.

1. NO: Win. I think we suprise them w/o film for them to study.

2. STL: Win. New HC, offensive scheme, defensive scheme. Too much for 1st yr.

3. Cinci: Win. I'm a Dalton fan but our D will be too much for them.

4. TB: Win. My second team needs more time.

5. ATL: Loss. Good team, good system.

6. Minn: Win. close game but we take it with a better D.

7. NYG: Loss. Only cause we are in NYC. I really think we could take both again this yr.

8. Pitt: Loss. Were in Pitt folks. Terrible towels.

9. CP: Loss. Could go either way. Newton gives us fits.

10. Bye.

11. Phili: Win. At home with crowd noise? Besides Vick will be out by then.

12. Dal: Win. Coaching and Romo. I think they struggle this yr.

13. NYG: Win. It's home. I still think we might take both games.

14. BLT: Loss. Only cause they have been good for the last 10 yrs. Depends on injuries this late in the game.

15. CL: Win. Coaching and too much D for Weeden.

16. Phili: Loss. Only cause of Crowd noise. Could take this if Vick is out.

17. Dal: Win. It's home. Crowd noise. Plus the Girls are not as good offensively this yr.

10-6 folks. Wait didn't I say I would wear my goggles? Ok, some of the games could go either way but that could be said for all the games. how about 9-7.

Anything better then 4 wins is a plus and shows the team is heading in the right direction. MS will get another yr after this to see if he can do better with RG3 in the second yr. If not who comes in? Gruden?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:45 pm

I say we give it to balti w all the tough Ds we face before them RGiii will be primed and G READY!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Well, this was the first.

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:46 pm

15 more to go
XVII XXII XXVI

########

Postby Scottskins » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Poser? Hello? Hmmm, can't wait to hear the excuse for this one...
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:10 pm

I still think 8-8 would be a huge win for us, but how can you not feel the optimism after today's performance? Great stuff from the Redskins today. It's the best we've looked since 2005.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

########

Postby Scottskins » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:21 am

I must say. I expect Griffin to have a pretty good year, and to turn into a freakin stud. We have a tough schedule and some holes. I expected 8-8 maybe 9-7 this year. I never in a million years thought we could win this game against New Orleans! 16-0! :D
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:34 am

Scottskins wrote:I must say. I expect Griffin to have a pretty good year, and to turn into a freakin stud. We have a tough schedule and some holes. I expected 8-8 maybe 9-7 this year. I never in a million years thought we could win this game against New Orleans! 16-0! :D

+1. I couldn't be happier to have the team prove me wrong and beat the Saints yesterday.

I think depth is going to be the deciding factor on how far this team goes this year. If somebody get hurts on the o-line or we lose another safety or corner, does it completely crush us like it has in the past or do we have guys we can plug in and keep things rolling. I get the sense that Shanny has done a good job addressing depth this year - just look at guys like Aldrick Robinson and Morris yesterday.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:58 am

riggofan wrote: I couldn't be happier to have the team prove me wrong and beat the Saints yesterday

The only one who wasn't proven wrong yesterday was Langley...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:14 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
riggofan wrote: I couldn't be happier to have the team prove me wrong and beat the Saints yesterday

:roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I still think 8-8 would be huge for us, but how can you not feel the optimism after today's performance?

Great stuff from the Redskins today.

It's the best we've looked since 2005.

+1 - great effort all round :up:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:09 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

A lot of us picked skins to win...
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:8-8 would be good, I think. I said that last year, though. :oops:

With a rebuilding team like this, I'm still looking mostly for progress on the field. We looked awful right around the middle of last year and impressive toward the end. It looked to me like we were an accurate QB away from winning several games.

So, 8-8 is my best guess. I think "our" "accomplishment" this year will be not finishing last in the always-tough NFC East. I actually think Dallas is primed to get knocked back a few notches . . .

hers my over/under game of how many wins will the skins win this year. i say with my heart at 8-8 my gut tells me 7-9 but i hoping for more. i,m greedy
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:36 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

A lot of us picked skins to win...

Yeah, but Langley believed it

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football