Vote For Your Favourite Current Redskin Uniform

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Which current team uniform do you prefer to see the Redskins to play in...?

(a) All Burgundy
16%
(b) All White
4%
(c) Burgundy / White
7%
(d) Burgundy / Gold
38%
(e) White / Burgundy
22%
(f) White / Gold
13%
(g) Brown (for our troll friend....)
No votes

Total votes : 45
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:50 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:since the human eye can't see yellow and many people interpret "yellow" much differently than others because our brains are trying to tell us what we are "not seeing" is yellow.

Say what? I can see yellow. :wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:since the human eye can't see yellow and many people interpret "yellow" much differently than others because our brains are trying to tell us what we are "not seeing" is yellow.

Say what? I can see yellow. :wink:

Nah, you just think you can :wink:
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:39 am

WTF...?

This has had over 820 views, and only 29 people have voted!?!??!

What? Did I make it too complicated!!?!??!

I know it's not a serious issue as such, but I would have though every Redskin fan would have a preference on the teams look considering it seems to change so much without any warning.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:WTF...?

This has had over 820 views, and only 29 people have voted!?!??!

Every time someone clicks on the thread, it counts as a view. I know I've opened it many times to read the new posts, or the latest poll numbers. And if you view your post after writing it, that's another view as well.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:44 am

screw you guys.. I say ALL BLACK wit Burg and Yellow on them. :rock:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:45 am

naw but seriously.. i really care less in the end. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:47 am

I appreciate that, but if the same 29 people kept coming back that would mean they've been here 28.27 times each!!!!

I thought we'd have about 50-60 votes is all I mean...

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:23 pm

I like the all burgundy, or the combinations of burgundy and white (either way)

Not a big fan of the gold pants
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:25 pm

I voted white/burgundy (with burgundy/white my #2) just a certain someone could start unbunching his (her???!!!!) panties over the lack of votes.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:37 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:I appreciate that, but if the same 29 people kept coming back that would mean they've been here 28.27 times each!!!!

Not everyone who views the posts is a member of the boards. This means they can't vote or even reply.

It'll be okay...deep breaths...in through the nose out through the mouth...let the thread flow, you've got three pages already, you're doing fine :lol:
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:29 pm

NFL teams turning back to white jerseys
By Mark Kaboly, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, October 28, 2009

In the NFL, it is becoming very fashionable to wear white after Labor Day.

It used to be that dark uniform jerseys were worn at home, and white ones on the road -- except, of course, if you were the Dallas Cowboys or Washington Redskins.

No more. Through the first seven weeks of the season, 15 teams have decided to wear their white jerseys at home. Nine have done it more than once.

Through 103 games, 30 times teams have worn their whites at home rather than the traditional darks (29 percent). In those games, the white-wearing home teams are 16-14.

"I think they are doing it because of the weather in some of these cities gets hot," said Steelers long-time equipment manager Rodgers Freyvogel.

That could be true for warm-climate teams such Miami, San Diego, Tampa Bay and Houston, but how do you explain New Orleans wearing white in all three of its home games at the Superdome?

Or even Philadelphia doing it at Lincoln Financial Field in its three home games? Or Carolina doing it for two of its three home games in Charlotte?

The New York Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati and Tennessee are not hot-weather cities and each team has worn white at home; Oakland wore its whites at night; Arizona also plays indoors and wore white once.

Still, weather does have a lot to do with the choice, considering the frequency with which it occurred in the first two weeks compared to the past five.

Teams chose to wear white jerseys 13 times during the first two weeks, when the weather is historically much warmer, but only 17 times since.

It's not by coincidence, either, when teams decide to don the white.

Teams must submit to the league by the middle of summer which uniforms they are wearing and during which weeks.

In 2004, the Ravens made the Steelers wear their black jerseys for a Week 2 game in Baltimore. Game time temperature was 67 degrees, but Baltimore knocked out starter Tommy Maddox and won the game, 30-13.

Wearing whites at home is a new phenomenon, but not a new occurrence.

Until 1957, NFL teams could wear whatever jersey they wanted -- home or away -- even if the colors were similar.

The league stepped in and proclaimed the home team had the choice of jersey to wear. Most went with dark, except for Dallas.

Dallas wore its dark jerseys at home for its first four seasons (1960-63) in the NFL, but hasn't worn the classic dark blue jersey at home since. Baltimore did make the home Cowboys wear dark shirts for Super Bowl V played at the Orange Bowl in Miami. Dallas lost, 16-13.

San Diego wore whites at home in late 1970s and early '80s under Don Coryell. Joe Gibbs was an assistant on some of those teams and brought the tradition to Washington in 1981 when he became head coach. The Redskins didn't wear dark at home from 1981-2000.

As for the Steelers, there was a time when they sported home whites.

According to Tim Brulia of Uniwatch.com, the Steelers wore their white jersey once in 1964 against the Rams and every game except three from 1966-69.

The Steelers wore white for Super Bowl XL when they were officially the home team, but the game was played at Detroit's Ford Field.

The only team never to wear white at home? The Seattle Seahawks, but they did wear fluorescent green.

A white out

More NFL teams, other than long-time traditionalists Washington and Dallas, have chosen to wear white jerseys at home lately through the first seven weeks of the season
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

########

Postby Scottskins » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Any jersey as long as its with the gold pants!!! *Edit* i dont like the white jerseys. So all burgundy on occasion, but the usual should be burgundy jersey, gold pants :-)
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Scottskin... Your avatar, the fastest man in the NFL Mr DG, disagrees with that statement lol
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am

Bob 0119 wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:I appreciate that, but if the same 29 people kept coming back that would mean they've been here 28.27 times each!!!!

Not everyone who views the posts is a member of the boards. This means they can't vote or even reply.

It'll be okay...deep breaths...in through the nose out through the mouth...let the thread flow, you've got three pages already, you're doing fine :lol:

Ha bloody ha.

I didn't take into account non-members viewing it, good point.

OK, breathing is back to normal, if I could just untwist the panties I'll be fine...

The wife wont want them back like this!!!

:shock:

########

Postby Scottskins » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:54 am

If given the choice, i think mr green would have also chosen burgundy jerseys and gold pants :-)
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football