Redskins/Cowboys file grievance against NFL

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed May 23, 2012 11:19 am

Deadskins wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:But now we hear that the NFLPA is filing a collusion suit against the NFL and owners for restricting player salaries during the uncapped year. Wow.

Do you have a link for this? I don't see how they can sue now after agreeing to the cap penalties; that pretty much said they were ok with the collusion as long as the players got the money from somewhere. They should have said "up yours" to the cap penalties, and sued then, not now. :roll:

Edit: I see the link now in ATL.

Sounds like the NFLPA is trying to save face!

I don't personally don't see why their agreeing to the salary cap penalty would limit their ability to sue for collusion. All the salary cap penalty did was PROVE that the NFL was colluding against players in the uncapped year.

I'm going to have to check out the link about the NFLPA, but all I can say is WOW. If this is true, Goodell, the NFL and Mara in particular really screwed up with this cap penalty WAAAAAY beyond just ticking off Redskins and Cowboys fans. This is HUGE.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:47 am

andyjens89 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:I never intended for one cent of my money to ever go to support other teams.

100% a good lawyer could make a case on behalf of the Skins and Girls fans that they were wronged by the NFL and are due some compensation for the fact that the NFL is using OUR money to help make other teams better!

Are you familiar with revenue sharing?

Yes I am. So if I want to take that into account the Skins and Cowgirls fans provided more money to the NFL than other fans! When a contribute my money to the NFL entertainment industry I expect that my team will be able to compete fairly with other teams. I understand that some of my money goes to Jacksonville and Tampa to line their owners pockets, but I expect the Skins to get their fare share of money to spend on improving my entertainment experience.

The NFL broke that trust with the Skins and Cowboys fans. They stole money from us... Point blank!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby the poster » Wed May 23, 2012 11:59 am

Everyone has a POV. That's why I'm so great - I'm not a fan nor affiliated to any one football team. I don't have an agenda like every other fan does.

Those that wish John mara's house be burnt down (get a grip, this is football NOT life) only care to look at it through the poor, taken-advanteged-of eyes of those loveable innocent washington redskins.

you have this image in your mind that John Mara is sitting at his desk rubbing his hands together with a seedy smile wondering how he can screw with another NFL team. Do you know how stupid that logic is??

I can assure you....as angry as you are with Mara (as if HE's the one the decided not to follow the directions given to him by all the nfl owners and not Snyder), Mara is just as angry at the Redskins and Cowboys.

I live near the NY market. Mara was on the radio recently. He's not "satisfied" or "happy" this has happened. He's not sitting there in his office thinking "hahahahahaha I got one on the Redskins, I have screwed them....hahahahahahahaha"

No.

Try the opposite.

He is PISSED OFF that Washington got away as easily they did. Simply put - you think you're mad??? He's MADDER than you!

One particular quote stands out and I'm paraphrasing:
"I understand how the fans of the game particularly those teams are upset because this impacts their team. The reality is fans are not privy to the information we have, they are not in league wide meetings, and they know as much as [Shefter] can figure out for them. As angry as those fans are, most of the ownership base here is infuriated with this situation. When you have trusted people that you do business with, look you in the eye, and lie to your face, it not only our business but relationships are broken. I know for a fact that friendships have been ruined over this and it could have, no exuse me, should have been avoided by those two teams."

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed May 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Hmmmm, smells in here all of a sudden....

Anyone else getting that....???

Strange, it just seems to come and go every so often....

:hmm: .
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed May 23, 2012 12:28 pm

Mara said:

... most of the ownership base here is infuriated with this situation.

Here means on the NFL Management Council Executive Committee.

Most means 5 or more.

DarthMonk wrote:I think I found out the names of the 8 men that are actually on the NFL Management Council Executive Committee which punished us and the Cowboys.

1 John Mara, Giants (Chairman)
2 Mike Brown, Bengals
3 Clark Hunt, Chiefs
4 Jerry Jones, Cowboys :shock: LINK
5 Robert Kraft, Patriots
6 Mark Murphy, Packers (former player union rep?) :-k
7 Art Rooney, Steelers
8 Dean Spanos, Chargers

Note that the oldest male money in the league (Good Old Boys) is, Brown, Hunt, Mara, and Rooney money. All 4 are on this committee. That's half of 'em. Kraft is also old money. Jones (and Snyder) are punks. Murphy represents but does not own. Spanos had an original stake in the Chargers ... I think.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Opinions and POVs are in fact like buttholes, everyone does have one and most of them stink.

It is very interesting that the NFLPA waited for concrete evidence (i.e. the penalty against the skins and girls for not colluding+ the arbitration dismissal on the grounds of NFLPA signing off on it) of collusion to bring this suit which would have been laughed out of court without this evidence. Another POV is that the NFLPA knew exactly what it was doing . . . painting the League into such a cluster-f'd corner that they can't win no matter what they do.

I'm proud to be a fan of one of 4 teams that didn't agree to this absurdity. There's not a worse looking owner on the planet than Mara, which is incredible given how well his franchise is doing right now. Talk about THE POSTER boy for greed, corruption and egomania! I'm even prouder that anyone with a brain can see the immorality of this and is on the 'skins' and cowgirls' (and soon to be NFLPA's) side in this.

Wow.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:26 pm

emoses14 wrote:I'm proud to be a fan of one of 4 teams that didn't agree to this absurdity.

The problem is, about a 1/3 of the NFL teams used the "uncapped" year to gain a competative advantage by either over spending, restructuring deals to negate later cap hits, or just plain not spending any money.

Yet only the division rivals of that venDICtive little "richard head" John Mara got money removed from their cap.

This was about revenge and making people (Mara) that got POed because we folowed the letter of the law instead of breaking the law feel better about themselves!

AND boy what a mess the NFL has made for themselves by letting emotions control their actions!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby rick301 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:02 pm

With arbitration, this whole mess was kept within the NFL. NFLPA’s case was filed in the federal court in Minnesota that oversaw the sport’s previous collective bargaining agreement.

It appears that to prevail in the arbitration with the Skins & Boys, Mara and Co. had to show 'an agreement among the teams' ... collusion. Now their position is being used against them.

This is spinning out of NFL's sphere of control. Mara's gotta be sorry that he pushed for the course of action that he did.

He's probably pissed that he wasn't in a position to get rid of dead money like the Skins did.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed May 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Let's just go out and win the Superbowl and tell them screw the cap.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed May 23, 2012 9:04 pm

With all due respect to our South London friend...

This.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu May 24, 2012 2:56 am

Countertrey wrote:With all due respect to our South London friend...

This.

You're referring to the wrong UK fan. Understandable, as there are two of us to keep track of. Lol.

:nana:
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu May 24, 2012 3:09 am

Countertrey wrote:With all due respect to our South London friend...

This.

WTF..?

I've just spent ten minutes of my life trying to work out what the hell you're going on about and how it applies to me. And then it turns out you got the wrong guy!!??!!

What...? Do we all look the same to you, is that it...?!?!?

Racist....

:wink:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu May 24, 2012 5:14 am

Try not to get too stressed about it SLR - if they met us in the street, they'd probably ask us both which part of Australia we come from.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 24, 2012 5:38 am

^^ - this

looks like we have another case of collusion :lol:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby the poster » Thu May 24, 2012 6:35 am

rick301 wrote:He's probably pissed that he wasn't in a position to get rid of dead money like the Skins did.

the giants are run differently than the redskins. the giants win division titles and super bowls. the redskins own the rights to the doormat in the NFC east.

the giants don't have the kind of dead cap money problems a team like the redskins have. besides ...the Mara and the giants are too busy buying an expensive new trophy case to house all their recent championships.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football