need advice for coming to game...

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.

need advice for coming to game...

Postby va pats fan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Hello!

I have tickets for the dec game pats vs skins. I am looking for some advice about the experience @ fedex, parking, etc.

The good news is my daughter and her boyfriend are skins fans, but my wife and I are pats fans (should be a great family outing!).

Should I buy a parking pass? Or is the cash lot a reasonable alternative? What time should I arrive to get a spot in the cash lot, if I choose that, and what time does the heavy traffic start?

What is there to do at the stadium while you wait for the game?

Thanks in advance, and any other tips are appreciated. Should be a great game!

**LPJ**

Re: need advice for coming to game...

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:51 am

va pats fan wrote:Hello!

I have tickets for the dec game pats vs skins. I am looking for some advice about the experience @ fedex, parking, etc.

The good news is my daughter and her boyfriend are skins fans, but my wife and I are pats fans (should be a great family outing!).

Should I buy a parking pass? Or is the cash lot a reasonable alternative? What time should I arrive to get a spot in the cash lot, if I choose that, and what time does the heavy traffic start?

What is there to do at the stadium while you wait for the game?

Thanks in advance, and any other tips are appreciated. Should be a great game!

Wussup dude, welcome to the site! Not sure how I feel about you yet after that tail whoopin ya'll gave us a few years back. LOL.. J/K.

You definitely want to get a parking pass. The green lot is the most popular area for parking and has the most spaces. It usually costs online $60 and up. To answer your other question real quick, the only thing to do before the game is tailgate!!! You can walk in the concourse/lobby area but we only have food places and Redskins stores and stuff.. now if you have the club level, I think there's a hooters up there. :D So back to the parking.. the Red Lot and Gray Lot are further away but those are cheaper. They also help you get out faster from the stadium too but the walk is obviously a bit longer.

Do your search online for a pass, maybe stubhub and e-bay would have something. If you don't find anything than shoot me a PM and I'll sell you my gray lot if you'd like. I'll sell it for $35 (I believe that's the value of it) and we can discuss offline. Ultimately though, green lot is what you'd be shooting for and I'm sure there will be other Pats fans there.

Good luck and I hope we crush ya'll 78-14 (TDs from the lawfirm and welker for my fantasy teams)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:21 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:It usually costs online $60 and up.

:shock: Holy crap, that's expensive! 60 bucks just to park?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:37 am

Yes... but it's quality parking. :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:51 am

Welcome to the boards va pats fan
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Postby va pats fan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:06 am

Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:It usually costs online $60 and up.

:shock: Holy crap, that's expensive! 60 bucks just to park?

I really don't expect the score to be anywhere near that :) Shanny has had belichicks number for years. Denver was never an easy win for us, and usually it was a tough loss.

Thanks for the responses, I'll check around and see if I can grab a green lot pass online.

What about the times, whats a good time to arrive so that I miss ~most~ of the traffic..I will be coming up from Charlottesville.

Thanks again.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:20 am

Whatever time the game starts you should be in the parking lot 3 hours prior. That way your gauranteed the least amount of traffic and a good parking spot. Just park near as possible to the exit for a quick getaway.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon