Who's driving the Bandwagon?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 pm

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:Got room for another? Where is the section for people who think this team will go 12-4? Is there a bathroom on this thing? I forgot to go before I left the house.

The 12-4 section is a few rows back from the 19-0 section.
The "facilities" are over the side. Feel free to use the blue star as an aim point.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:26 pm

1niksder wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I don't know about the above... but, I'm pretty sure that the Bandwagon is being driven by LangleyParkJoe, this year!

Works for me - CLL was letting anybody jump on. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

those were the days

I'm still riding, sitting next to FFA - I just hope that LPJ has that GPS thing working this year :wink:
seems like our routes were a little off track the past few years

I think I see RiC with one foot on the bus and .... :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:36 pm

I do like what MS had to say in those quotes, but this team is not at the 10-12 win point with their current QB situation. To be a playoff team, you need to have an at least above avg QB or a mediocre QB with a elite defense. We don't have either.

With the way MS is doing things, it will take more than one year to turn around a team that has been in a downward spiral for quite some time.

In all honesty, this is the first offseason since I can remember that I was happy with. It is a step in the right direction, but I don't see any miracle happening this year (and by miracles I mean Grossman or Beck becoming above-avg or elite QBs).
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Right Mark, I agree man.

Good off-season moves that were't about "names" but more about needs. This is what we've been screaming all these years and now we're getting there. Of course it'll take some time to develop all these young guys but that seems to be the way of the better teams. I'm all for it and very excited for the season to get underway.

SJ.. the prob wit the GPS was that we had too much interference last year.. mcnugget and fatboy.. looks like we're in the clear now bro, lets hope we don't run over potholes. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:48 pm

I'll agree that I'm expecting 8 and possibly 9 wins

I am really just looking to see more progress towards a consistently competitive product on the field each and every week

I think that these guys are getting there

a 10 or 12 win season is possible with just a group of players on offense and defense, ALL playing together - you don't need anything special from your defense or your QB
The Giants won a Super Bowl with a bunch of guys playing together and then look what happened when the same players stopped playing as a team on both offense and defense
plus they have a stupid coach and QB :lol:

I don't want 1 Super Bowl - I want to be in the playoffs, EACH & EVERY YEAR

BESIDES - with LPJ driving the bus - this is going to be a smooth ride to glory

SUPER BOWL BOUND - BABY :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:55 pm

SkinsJock wrote:LPJ driving the bus

LPJ's driving the bus? That explains the people on the sidewalk diving for cover...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:23 pm

give him a bit of a break Kaz - he's just taken over and there's a lot of issues to handle

PLUS .... we are planning on taking off the training wheels soon :shock:

I'm looking for my seat belt - this could be a rough ride for a few weeks

HAIL

Currently 50-41

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:37 pm

CLL messed up the handling 2 years ago when he entered it in that drifting contest at the beginning of the season... hasn't been right since he flattened the taco cart next to the tomahawk concession stand.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:45 pm

^^ ROTFALMAO

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Postby yupchagee » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:12 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:LPJ driving the bus

LPJ's driving the bus? That explains the people on the sidewalk diving for cover...[/quote]

Which is exactly what we want them to do :twisted:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Countertrey wrote:CLL messed up the handling 2 years ago when he entered it in that drifting contest at the beginning of the season... hasn't been right since he flattened the taco cart next to the tomahawk concession stand.

Plus, he plans his route a little too close to Baltimore for my tastes. :twisted:

My location hasn't changed in years, and neither have my neighbors. In my corner of the bus we all seem to know each other pretty well by now. You guys know who you are. :)

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:26 pm

I sold my seat on the bandwagon in the offseason, since I thought the lockout would render it worthless. I got new tickets at a premium, but, isn't a Super Bowl run worth it? I blieve it is!!

HTTR
Back and better than ever!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:17 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
Countertrey wrote:CLL messed up the handling 2 years ago when he entered it in that drifting contest at the beginning of the season... hasn't been right since he flattened the taco cart next to the tomahawk concession stand.

Plus, he plans his route a little too close to Baltimore for my tastes. :twisted:
The purple steering wheel cover was a bit disturbing... I was glad when it caught fire.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Has anyone got a Captain Chaos bobblehead for the dashboard? It will bring good luck. Also sounds like we need a AAA card in the glovebox.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:42 am

Don't worry guys, I got my driver's license from Tick Tock from a guy named Jose. He taught me well.. but I never seen him since the last time PG Cops came and he suddenly ran... *eh*... all good.

GO SKINS!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football