Who's driving the Bandwagon?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Who's driving the Bandwagon?

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:42 pm

This Article was about Beck vs Grossman but it has some interesting quotes in it.....

“I knew it wasn’t going to happen overnight. One thing I told Dan Snyder was: ‘If you don’t plan on me being here for five years to do this the right way, then you shouldn’t hire Mike Shanahan. But I’m going to do it the right way. And if you believe in my background and you believe in what I’ve done, then you should hire me. But if you’re going to ask me to take shortcuts, I’m not going to take shortcuts. I’m going to do it the right way.’ And he said he would.”

"I’ve staked my reputation on a lot of players throughout my career,” he says. “And when these people [become] players, people forget about that very quick. What do they say? ‘Oh, I knew he was going to be good.’ ”

“When you’re feeling good about your guys, it’s a lot more easy to feel relaxed. I haven’t been relaxed at all the last year and a half, because it’s 24 hours a day putting a team together. There’s film study. There’s a lot going into the evaluation, putting a staff together. It’s a grind. But I really do love it.

“And when we do have this thing turned around, people will see it, and say, ‘Oh my God, that’s the way you do it.’ ”

If you ask me I'd have to say it's Shanny's team, sink or swim... "the Danny" almost sunk us and I think he has seen the error of his ways.

Shanny wan't to rebuild his legacy and give his son the upper hand when he hangs it up for good.

He had limit players available last year and grabbed who he could like _______ <------ insert any name here that was brought off the street last year (it could be anyone Kemo, AC, Holiday, Galloway, Johnson, McNabb or Grossman) while Shefter, Allen and he fixed the cap issues that would have arrived with the new CBA (see that team in Texas). Came into came with 12 Rookies and more than 30 free agents. No real big names and a roster full of hunger guys with no roster spots locked uo.

That's not how "the Danny" does things... Even with Marty and JJG there was always the free agency splash that hasn't made it to the beltway this off-season.

It's Mike's team and "the Danny' is simply a inpatient fan once again and Mike Shanahan believes in his plan for the Redskins

MAN I HOPE I"M RIGHT

HTTR :feedback; HTTR
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby spenser » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Dear god I hope you are right to. I cant take 5 more years of crappy football. I was def one of the people that was NOT happy with Rat shannahan last year, but seeing the draft and some of the hungry team first guys coming in has gotten me a little more optimistic.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:42 pm

I don't know about the above... but, I'm pretty sure that the Bandwagon is being driven by LangleyParkJoe, this year!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:44 pm

I'm just waiting for Shannahan to show up on the sideline in a hoodie sweatshirt. That would be the sixth sign of the Apocolypse, I believe.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:46 pm

He did spend a portion of the off year studying... Belichick...

I may just have to send him one.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

cleg

Postby cleg » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Hey, I'm on the bus too. I really think this team is going to surprise some people. With a few breaks maybe a 10-6 season. My wife is yelling at me because I do this every year and then become devastated. But, it is different this time, I really think Shanny and Allen are building a team. I cannot wait until later in the season when the Skins are exceeding expectations and the Eagles are not. Hail, Hail, Hail to the Redskins!!!!
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Countertrey wrote:I don't know about the above... but, I'm pretty sure that the Bandwagon is being driven by LangleyParkJoe, this year!

Works for me CLL was letting anybody jump on. :lol: :twisted: :lol:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:26 pm

I don't think I have ever really get off the bandwagon. Probably not healthy.

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:02 pm

on the bandwagon for life. Wouldnt have it any other way.
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:16 pm

cleg wrote:Hey, I'm on the bus too. I really think this team is going to surprise some people. With a few breaks maybe a 10-6 season. My wife is yelling at me because I do this every year and then become devastated. But, it is different this time, I really think Shanny and Allen are building a team. I cannot wait until later in the season when the Skins are exceeding expectations and the Eagles are not. Hail, Hail, Hail to the Redskins!!!!

I swear I read this EXACT statement last year at this time from you. Do you paste it every year on the 15th of August?

I too am on, but not to do anything but improve a bit. Doesn't even have to be in the W-L column. Just show me something that resembles a football team. I don't have my sights set on playoffs this year. I'm giving Shanny three years to show me true progress, but after one season and two offseasons, I likey, I likey aLOT
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Got room for another? Where is the section for people who think this team will go 12-4? Is there a bathroom on this thing? I forgot to go before I left the house.
Back and better than ever!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 am

I'm in on 12-4 w a possibility of winning sine close ones and being better
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

cleg

Postby cleg » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:25 am

chiefhog44 wrote:
cleg wrote:Hey, I'm on the bus too. I really think this team is going to surprise some people. With a few breaks maybe a 10-6 season. My wife is yelling at me because I do this every year and then become devastated. But, it is different this time, I really think Shanny and Allen are building a team. I cannot wait until later in the season when the Skins are exceeding expectations and the Eagles are not. Hail, Hail, Hail to the Redskins!!!!

I swear I read this EXACT statement last year at this time from you. Do you paste it every year on the 15th of August?

I too am on, but not to do anything but improve a bit. Doesn't even have to be in the W-L column. Just show me something that resembles a football team. I don't have my sights set on playoffs this year. I'm giving Shanny three years to show me true progress, but after one season and two offseasons, I likey, I likey aLOT

I may have. Usually by the time the weather changes we are devastated, not this year through. I agree, I would be happy with progress and what looks like a football team.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Countertrey wrote:I don't know about the above... but, I'm pretty sure that the Bandwagon is being driven by LangleyParkJoe, this year!

OH HELL YEA!!!!!!... I'LL BE THE DRIVER FOREVER DAG-GONE-IT!!!!

I'll never be like "realistic" fans and say.. "we're gonna suck again" "dude, we suck" "man I wish I was raised in Pittsburg"

DC AREA 4 LIFE!!!

SB BOUND BABY! SEXY REXY OR BOOMIN BECK!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:07 pm

I've been on the bandwagon since Bruce's old man began running the show. If I could play, I'd join the band! I, too, will be happy so long as there is clear sign of progress. We don't need to win every game ( but the big one at the very end of the postseason would rock). I can believe in the Shanallaplan, and see us returning to Prestige and glory over the next few years.

If that is drinking the koolaid, pour me a triple shot of that stuff...
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football