how a Browns draft day could hurt Washingtons day Thursday

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:26 pm

I'd be surprised if we used that pick on an OT because we are surely NOT using both our first 2 picks on offense :lol:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:23 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'd be surprised if we used that pick on an OT because we are surely NOT using both our first 2 picks on offense :lol:

I don't know how you're coming to that conclusion. We have holes all over the team, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went offense with our first two picks.
Suck and Luck

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:39 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'd be surprised if we used that pick on an OT because we are surely NOT using both our first 2 picks on offense :lol:

I don't know how you're coming to that conclusion. We have holes all over the team, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went offense with our first two picks.

I agree. The best player at each is the best player. That's what'll make the determination, not what we go into the draft preferring. It could be both O or both D.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:39 pm

I understand and do want to take the best player availalble - I just hope that ends up a defensive player at 10 and a QB at 41

If it's Jones and a QB so be it but I still think that he's gone by then - Ideally we are trading the 10 pick and after that we need to find as many players as we can

we need to not only max out the picks in this AND next years draft - we also need these guys to do a fantastic job in identifying players that can develop into very good players

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 pm

we need to not only max out the picks in this AND next years draft - we also need these guys to do a fantastic job in identifying players that can develop into very good players

A truly groundbreaking analysis. So what you're saying is that the team needs to draft well?
Suck and Luck

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:28 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:So what you're saying is that the team needs to draft well?

NO - I think it's relatively easy to "draft well"!!! - after all, these athletes are all good players - what I am hoping for is to see a lot better success rate than we normally see in the NFL - this is not just a Redskins issue = it would be a lot better for us if the scouts did not just find good players but identify players that end up making the roster

anyone can draft well, even dumb and dumber did that - what I'm hoping for is for the talent evaluators to do a lot better job than has been done by most teams in the past - we could use an infusion of players that make the roster from lower rounds

maybe that's 'new' to you - I'd like to see a better job here from our scouting guys

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:10 am

SkinsJock wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:So what you're saying is that the team needs to draft well?

NO - I think it's relatively easy to "draft well"!!! - after all, these athletes are all good players - what I am hoping for is to see a lot better success rate than we normally see in the NFL - this is not just a Redskins issue = it would be a lot better for us if the scouts did not just find good players but identify players that end up making the roster

anyone can draft well, even dumb and dumber did that - what I'm hoping for is for the talent evaluators to do a lot better job than has been done by most teams in the past - we could use an infusion of players that make the roster from lower rounds

maybe that's 'new' to you - I'd like to see a better job here from our scouting guys
:hmm:
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:27 am

^^ I know, I know - I'm just really hopefull that we can have a bunch of players fill some of these holes this year

this is a big draft for this franchise and I'm really glad that we finally are here :roll:

swine

Postby fanforlife » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:54 am

I gotta say...I don't give a rats a$$ who we take tonight as long as a legitimate need is filled. All I really want is for us to take a guy (whether it's on "D" or "O") who can start NOW!!! & who can produce. Last year we took Trent Williams & he worked out well. Everyone else has yet to get on the field.

In'09 we drafted Osackpo & obviously he's a 2 time PBer. Kevin Barnes has yet to prove himself but shows promise. Everyone else in that draft class was a waste of a pick.

In'08 we drafted 1 guy who is good & produced once he was given a chance (F.Davis) & we drafted some guys who are simply OK (K. Moore, C. Horton) But the majority of our 10 picks were busts (D. Tomas, C. Brennan, D. Brooks) & the rest were none existent.

In '07 we had 5 picks & only had 2 guys who can play (L. Landry who is wicked & H.B. Blades) the other 3 I've never even heard of.

In '06 we drafted 6 times & of those 6 guys only 3 have done anything for us (R. McIntosh, R. Doughty & K. Golston) the rest were bums.

In '05 we picked 6 times as well but only 2 made the team (C. Rogers & J. Campbell).

In '04 we only picked 4 times but boy did we hit the nail on the head with 2 of those guys (C. Cooley & S. Taylor may he R.I.P.)

So you can see what I'm getting at. We have , in comparison, more picks this year than what we've had in years past & that's of course a good thing, but UNlike years past we must #1 choose properly & #2 the ones we choose must get on the field & produce NOW!!!
I read somewhere that Shanahan has been part of 26 drafts before so one can only hope that he has gained the experience that is needed to correctly pick the players that will fill the needs that we currently have. But like I said, I could care less who we select as long as whom ever we select can start immediately & produce. I could care less what side of the ball he plays on, although I do have my own personal opinion as to which side to address 1st.
as always...HTTR!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:36 pm

it's very possible we'll take a QB and if that happens he may not be ready to play for some time :twisted:

Even if it's Gabbert, I hope we don't rush him - if this guy's going to be as good as reported, I hope they give him as much time as they (Mike & Kyle) think he needs

I'm not sure what John Beck has to offer but it's possible (not imo) he could be a capable starter here - Mike brought him in because he liked what he saw - then again we all think that Mike brought in McNabb and if he did (there's rumors that Dan was behind that :shock: ) then we have to be a little concerned :roll:

we do have many needs though and hopefully we can find a few players that can contribute in this draft

I still think that we are looking at another season of getting things together here both with the offensive issues and the 3-4 defense :)

Postby yupchagee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:47 pm

I'd be not only surprised but upset. We have bigger needs than OT. Our biggest needs IMO are QB, NT & interior OL. If we don't fill at least 2 of them, I will consider this draft to be a failure.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:49 pm

yupchagee wrote:

I'd be not only surprised but upset. We have bigger needs than OT. Our biggest needs IMO are QB, NT & interior OL. If we don't fill at least 2 of them, I will consider this draft to be a failure.

At #10 we certainly can get a good player. The best way to screw that up is to pass on him for a position we "need" more

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010