Trading Down

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
DarthMonk

Trading Down

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Supposing Julio Jones is available at #10 and the Rams at #14 want him enough to offer us a trade, what would be equitable in terms of another pick? In other words, what other pick along with their #14 would they have to give us for our #10 in order for it to be fair?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Their 1st and their 3rd for our 1st matches exactly on the trade points chart.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:17 am

Thanks. You have a link to that chart?

DarthMonk

TCIYM wrote:Their 1st and their 3rd for our 1st matches exactly on the trade points chart.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:48 am

DarthMonk wrote:Thanks. You have a link to that chart?

DarthMonk

TCIYM wrote:Their 1st and their 3rd for our 1st matches exactly on the trade points chart.

Yea. Here's one:

Trade Value Chart

And, I think I meant their first and their second, not their first and their third. :oops:

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:16 am

No, you were right the first time. The 10th pick is worth 1,300 points and the 14th pick and 78th pick are 1,100 and 200 respectively.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:49 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:No, you were right the first time. The 10th pick is worth 1,300 points and the 14th pick and 78th pick are 1,100 and 200 respectively.

Good. For a minute there I thought I was losing my mind. :lol:

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Trading Down

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:12 am

DarthMonk wrote:Supposing Julio Jones is available at #10 and the Rams at #14 want him enough to offer us a trade, what would be equitable in terms of another pick? In other words, what other pick along with their #14 would they have to give us for our #10 in order for it to be fair?

DarthMonk

As stated the Rams 1st and 3rd round picks are equal to the Skins 1st rd pick.
What is not stated is Jones fills the same needs for the Skins that make him worth the Rams moving up to get. Which means the Skins should and will want more than just equal value if this trade to happen.

If he is still there... a swap of the Rams 4th rd pick and the Skins 5th round could make this deal work.

The Rams would have Jones, and the Skins would not only have picks in every round of this draft but 4 of the picks would be in the top 100
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:23 pm

... which would be killer!!

:up:

DarthMonk

1niksder wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Supposing Julio Jones is available at #10 and the Rams at #14 want him enough to offer us a trade, what would be equitable in terms of another pick? In other words, what other pick along with their #14 would they have to give us for our #10 in order for it to be fair?

DarthMonk

What is not stated is Jones fills the same needs for the Skins that make him worth the Rams moving up to get. Which means the Skins should and will want more than just equal value if this trade to happen.

If he is still there... a swap of the Rams 4th rd pick and the Skins 5th round could make this deal work.

The Rams would have Jones, and the Skins would not only have picks in every round of this draft but 4 of the picks would be in the top 100

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:43 pm

DarthMonk wrote:... which would be killer!!

DarthMonk

1niksder wrote:

DarthMonk

Even better...

New England will need a WR soon if they tried to make a move this year we could trade #10 for their #17 #74 and #92 picks and still have four picks in the top 100 without losing the 5th round pick in a s
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Belicheat will never make that kind of move. He'll bring in an UFA to fill that roll.

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:52 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Belicheat will never make that kind of move. He'll bring in an UFA to fill that roll.

With no CBA there are no URFA and when/if the market opens the draft may be over, so he might go for 2012 picks. They cant even trade players for picks right now.

Anything can happen....

They can talk to the people down here who pick right before the Pats...

Redskins #10 for Jacksonville's #16, #80, and #113

The 4th pick would be just outside the top 100
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:33 am

1niksder wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:... which would be killer!!

DarthMonk

1niksder wrote:

DarthMonk

Even better...

New England will need a WR soon if they tried to make a move this year we could trade #10 for their #17 #74 and #92 picks and still have four picks in the top 100 without losing the 5th round pick in a s

I would go for that trade in a heartbeat, and quicker if I could! I have one question though. Why on Earth would the Patriots give up a 1st and two 3rds for a WR?

Think about what he did last year. He gave away Randy Moss for very little and then signed D Branch for even less. He shows he has the right idea when it comes to WRs; they just aren't that valuable.

No way Billy B makes a trade like that, but the Skins HAVE to jump at it if it is offered!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:09 am

SF33.. agreed bro! Your talking about a coach who won a SB with guys that people still haven't heard of. He takes WRs out of the blue and they become pretty darn good. No way he'd trade down just for a WR.

.. you think he'll take Malcolm Kelly off our hands though? wishful thinking?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:37 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:SF33.. agreed bro! Your talking about a coach who won a SB with guys that people still haven't heard of. He takes WRs out of the blue and they become pretty darn good. No way he'd trade down just for a WR.

The Pats just paid Tom Brady a ton of money and they need more than just Welker, they need a upgrade at WR and RB on a team that hasn't won a playoff game since 07 or 08. With 6 picks in the first 3 rounds BB as the firepower to get into the top ten if he wants to. If th draft is held before free agency starts, a lot of teams will do things different.

Never say never
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:38 am

1niksder wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:SF33.. agreed bro! Your talking about a coach who won a SB with guys that people still haven't heard of. He takes WRs out of the blue and they become pretty darn good. No way he'd trade down just for a WR.

The Pats just paid Tom Brady a ton of money and they need more than just Welker, they need a upgrade at WR and RB on a team that hasn't won a playoff game since 07 or 08. With 6 picks in the first 3 rounds BB as the firepower to get into the top ten if he wants to. If th draft is held before free agency starts, a lot of teams will do things different.

Never say never

While I agree with all of your points I still say the Pats wouldn't make that move, but I will admit that it is possible. I would rate the possibility at much less than 5%.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010