My Tribute to Sean

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
~~~~~
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:54 am
Location: Finksburg MD

Postby Warmother » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:11 am

Wonderful job Mark, I'm at work fighting back the tears. Thank You.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

swine
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:25 pm

Postby DCSports » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:11 am

Anyone know how to get in touch with a member of the skisn front office?

I think a honoring tribute would be for when the defense comes out for their first play of the game to only send 10 men out and leave the S position open. There would be someway for the PA guy to announce what is happening and there could be a standing ovation for the 35 play clock and take the 5 yd pent. for not enough men on the field (maybe the bills will decline)

piggie
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:04 am
Location: Baltimore (Raisin country - YUCK!)

Postby COZ » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:00 am

DCSports wrote:Anyone know how to get in touch with a member of the skisn front office?

I think a honoring tribute would be for when the defense comes out for their first play of the game to only send 10 men out and leave the S position open. There would be someway for the PA guy to announce what is happening and there could be a standing ovation for the 35 play clock and take the 5 yd pent. for not enough men on the field (maybe the bills will decline)


Gret idea but I don't think there is a penalty for too few players. I gave up my tickets this year because of cost, distance and lackluster performance but I would give anything to sit in those seats this Sunday - crying like a baby.
COZ
Hail on the 'Skins!
Fan faithful - Section 312

Joe's#1Fan
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:59 am
Location: chocowinity nc

Postby gibbsfan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:34 am

that is a bit touchy but a job well done i bet it was very hard to do..
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR



































Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

swine
User avatar
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:04 am

Postby Ghost of Red Blaik » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:39 pm

Outstanding..had tears in my eyes.....my 6 year old daughter said to me last night....I heard we had a Skin die Daddy....she then said...will the team be OK with out him? Just broke my heart.....I never knew Sean..but I loved him as a player.....

Brown in the Hall
Posts: 4290
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:26 pm
Location: Carolina Country

Postby NC43Hog » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:35 pm

Take a look at this link:

http://video.nbc4.com/player/?id=189298

Might see something familiar at about the 00:16 mark.

The things that THN has done to honor Sean are not done for our glory, but I am personally proud of BH's effort and that it has received a more national audience.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

swine
User avatar
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:22 am

Re: My Tribute to Sean

Postby SkinMeAlive » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:10 pm

admin wrote:It isn't much, but if you visit the front page of the site, you will see a tribute to Sean.

Honestly... just the toughest thing I've ever done on the computer... the song makes me reflect regardless, putting images to it was very difficult.

But hopefully the pain and the sorrow that you might go through watching it will help the grieving process.

I'm not an overly emotional guy, but making the movie had me sobbing.


It's your tribute but I found a rare picture of Sean smiling and thought you might like to add it to your slideshow. It's certainly how I want to remember him.

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/ ... GwErbmWMcF
Voltaire (1694-1778) "This is no time to make new enemies." (When asked on his deathbed to foreswear Satan.)

aka Evil Hog
User avatar
Posts: 6481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:01 am
Location: South of Heaven, trying to hit a toilet on shrooms

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:25 pm

NC43Hog wrote:Take a look at this link:

http://video.nbc4.com/player/?id=189298

Might see something familiar at about the 00:16 mark.

The things that THN has done to honor Sean are not done for our glory, but I am personally proud of BH's effort and that it has received a more national audience.
suprised they didn't show extremeskins.

good job on the clip BH.

man. check out this pic of sean that amy sanpped off with our 35mm. it was on a disc, and she showed me last night. almost made me crap myself. when a hot chic tellls you to 'smile' you will smile, even if you ARE sean taylor, you smile.


now tell me, does this look like a hardcore thug????
Image

well, does it?
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: VA

Postby BeeGee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:03 am

My My 2 cents

Downloaded a vid, split it up and rearranged some of the clips, and set it to a little Hanz Zimmer (Batman Begins theme).

"Meast"

Taylor was a baaad mutha.
Cowboys 7- Redskins 6 (All we needed was 2 minutes of the 60)
Cowboys 17 - Redskins 0 (Way to NOT show up for the 100th anniversary)
----- TWO EASY -----

Photo Hog
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: London, Ontario

Postby tazlah » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:17 am

HS... didn't you guys take this one too...
Image

I LOVE this one... Again... real "thug-like" for sure! :wink:

It's in the Gallery from 2006 training camp.
If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck?

Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:34 am
Location: London, Ontario

Postby BossHog » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:09 am

BeeGee wrote:My My 2 cents

Downloaded a vid, split it up and rearranged some of the clips, and set it to a little Hanz Zimmer (Batman Begins theme).

"Meast"

Taylor was a baaad mutha.


You know... you were a real jerkoff when you came in here. I know you won't see it that way... but you were... you spoke only in superlatives and hyperbole knowing full well that it would create conflict... that's just being a jerk.

But over a bit of time, you started to make more meaningful contributions in other forums and being less combative.

And with the senseless tragedy came nothing but compassion and a complete respect for the situation.

i truly appreciate that and I thank-you.

You've also shown that you can contribute more than just being an ass in football conversations and are a decent person. I would just put to you that there are some very mature readers here that thrive on good conversation - even with the 'enemy'. We joined the F2FA because I really WANTED an environment where people could truly get the fans' take on whoever we were playing that week... largely due to my lack of faith in the mainstream media. Unfortunately, the alliance brings more senseless BS than good conversation.

Truth is, a lot of us really like balanced, intelligent conversations and absolutley detest the childish bickering of back-and-forth rhetoric. Creating enemies and being a dink to people makes that near impossible sometimes... especially when it's so unoriginal and prevalent in our constant encounters with the opposition due to the alliance.

Anyone can be a jerk... very few have managed to be an oppositional remember that is respected.

Why take the easy way out?

The respectful you is a welcome member to this community and will be treated as such.

And thanks for honoring ST and Redskin fans by being civil and compassionate.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: VA

Postby BeeGee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:14 am

BossHog wrote:
BeeGee wrote:My My 2 cents

Downloaded a vid, split it up and rearranged some of the clips, and set it to a little Hanz Zimmer (Batman Begins theme).

"Meast"

Taylor was a baaad mutha.


You know... you were a real jerkoff when you came in here. I know you won't see it that way... but you were... you spoke only in superlatives and hyperbole knowing full well that it would create conflict... that's just being a jerk.

But over a bit of time, you started to make more meaningful contributions in other forums and being less combative.

And with the senseless tragedy came nothing but compassion and a complete respect for the situation.

i truly appreciate that and I thank-you.

You've also shown that you can contribute more than just being an ass in football conversations and are a decent person. I would just put to you that there are some very mature readers here that thrive on good conversation - even with the 'enemy'. We joined the F2FA because I really WANTED an environment where people could truly get the fans' take on whoever we were playing that week... largely due to my lack of faith in the mainstream media. Unfortunately, the alliance brings more senseless BS than good conversation.

Truth is, a lot of us really like balanced, intelligent conversations and absolutley detest the childish bickering of back-and-forth rhetoric. Creating enemies and being a dink to people makes that near impossible sometimes... especially when it's so unoriginal and prevalent in our constant encounters with the opposition due to the alliance.

Anyone can be a jerk... very few have managed to be an oppositional remember that is respected.

Why take the easy way out?

The respectful you is a welcome member to this community and will be treated as such.

And thanks for honoring ST and Redskin fans by being civil and compassionate.
Points well taken, BH. Loud and clear. Thanks, man.
Cowboys 7- Redskins 6 (All we needed was 2 minutes of the 60)
Cowboys 17 - Redskins 0 (Way to NOT show up for the 100th anniversary)
----- TWO EASY -----

newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby pxalpha97 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:13 am

I'm not one that usually gets emotional yet alone cry but the loss of Sean Taylor truly hurts. I am a huge fans of his and will certainly miss him on gameday. Thanks for the tribute.

RIP 21!!!

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:26 am

BeeGee wrote:
BossHog wrote:
BeeGee wrote:My My 2 cents

Downloaded a vid, split it up and rearranged some of the clips, and set it to a little Hanz Zimmer (Batman Begins theme).

"Meast"

Taylor was a baaad mutha.


You know... you were a real jerkoff when you came in here. I know you won't see it that way... but you were... you spoke only in superlatives and hyperbole knowing full well that it would create conflict... that's just being a jerk.

But over a bit of time, you started to make more meaningful contributions in other forums and being less combative.

And with the senseless tragedy came nothing but compassion and a complete respect for the situation.

i truly appreciate that and I thank-you.

You've also shown that you can contribute more than just being an ass in football conversations and are a decent person. I would just put to you that there are some very mature readers here that thrive on good conversation - even with the 'enemy'. We joined the F2FA because I really WANTED an environment where people could truly get the fans' take on whoever we were playing that week... largely due to my lack of faith in the mainstream media. Unfortunately, the alliance brings more senseless BS than good conversation.

Truth is, a lot of us really like balanced, intelligent conversations and absolutley detest the childish bickering of back-and-forth rhetoric. Creating enemies and being a dink to people makes that near impossible sometimes... especially when it's so unoriginal and prevalent in our constant encounters with the opposition due to the alliance.

Anyone can be a jerk... very few have managed to be an oppositional remember that is respected.

Why take the easy way out?

The respectful you is a welcome member to this community and will be treated as such.

And thanks for honoring ST and Redskin fans by being civil and compassionate.
Points well taken, BH. Loud and clear. Thanks, man.


I just want to echo the sentiment expressed by BH, I (obviously) had some issues with you at the outset but you've proven you can be a valuable member of this forum. Great video man, thank you.
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: VA

Postby BeeGee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:11 pm

Fios wrote:I just want to echo the sentiment expressed by BH, I (obviously) had some issues with you at the outset but you've proven you can be a valuable member of this forum. Great video man, thank you.
Your welcome, Fios. And tks for the kind words, partner. The feeling is definitely mutual. Respect.
Cowboys 7- Redskins 6 (All we needed was 2 minutes of the 60)
Cowboys 17 - Redskins 0 (Way to NOT show up for the 100th anniversary)
----- TWO EASY -----

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute