Chad Morton

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Pursuer of Justice

Chad Morton

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:38 am

When I was at training camp the other day, I forgot to mention the fact that I saw Chad Morton lining up at running back and even at wide receiver...in addition to fielding punts.

I, for one, am very happy to see this. Morton has such talent...and it would really be a waste to use him on special teams only, like the Jets did.

Morton, too, enjoys being utilized more on offense.

"I'm having a great time out here," Morton said. "Practice goes by a lot faster. It's a lot of fun catching punts, and I'm feeling comfortable in the offense."

Don't look now....but this year's fun and gun is definitely looking like it's gonna be FUN AND GUN.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:57 am

Morton was one of the most impressive performers of my camp experience. Early on to the field... late off... he really puts in time and desperately wants to get some time at RB this year.

Hue Jackson was his OC at USC, so he knows that Chad is a multi-function player.

that brings up a cool tidbit one of the security guards told me while I was there...

One day during practice... Hue Jackson was taking snaps and just dumping them into the ground. It was to make the defense react to tips etc... but we joked that he couldn't throw very well for a coach. The security guard chimed in and told us that nothing could be further from the truth. he said that Hue Jackson could throw a ball 50 yards FROM HIS KNEES!

I didn't witness it... but if you'd have met the security guard I was talking about.. you'd know that he probably doesn't lie or joke around too much! He said he thought he himself could really throw a ball (50 yards), but coach Jackson had a cannon.

Just one of the many cool stories you get at training camp. As I said... I have no idea how true it is, but I'm just throwing it out there for your consumption.

redskinsmiley
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football