Let's have some fun....If SS did go who would you bring in

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

Let's have some fun....If SS did go who would you bring in

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:34 am

I would just clean house. The formula in the NFL is run and play good defense, look at the recent successes in the NFL. Cin, Indy, Jac, NE, Dal, Tenn are teams that have defensive minded coaches. Look at few offensive coaches and notice that they are doing it with defenses. Teams like Phil, St. Louis, BaltYes there’re exception, look at the AFC west very offensive minded, let’s see how far they go in the playoffs. For these reason I think I would bring in a defensive guy. For some reason I see defensive guys as better motivators. I’m not against bringing in college coaches but surround them with NFL experienced guys. Two that I like are Stoops and Saban. Some NFL guys I like are Ted Cottrell. I like Fassel as OC I like Gregg Williams as DC. I also like Herm Edwards; I just don’t see the Jets letting him go. Whoever DS brings in it is not going to be a big name. That’s fine with me; we need someone to inject some life, some enthusiasm into to this team. I coach youth football and one of the first things I tell them is let’s have some fun. Football is a fun game!! The Skins just don’t look like they have fun. As for the players, I know they won’t like it but get over it; you get paid to play football!! If you want out good-bye Bring in guys who want to play. START with the draft. Hey DS look up I 95 that’s how you build a team through the draft Get a GM and let him do his thing. Stop looking back at history this is not the team you grew up with. Make your own mark on this team. Stop bringing in guys from the 80’s it’s disrespectful to the coaches and players that are here now. I would much rather watch young guys go 5-11 making names for themselvs becoming a team instead of a bunch of overprice high profile players looking out for their best interest instead of the teams.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:51 am

Yes guy!

Look at NE... they're doing just fine with good coaching and 'fringe' players (due to injuries).

I like Williams regardless of what happens to SOS... IMO Edwards has wasted his 'chance' miserably and doesn't deserve any longer with the squad... his unit is going backwards, not forwards.

If we were to fire SOS, it's hard to say who I'd bring in... maybe Dennis Green... I think that there will be MANY coaching vacancies next week, and it's goibng to turn into a rat race for particular coaches.

Unfortinately... I don't think there are many wonderful choices -- most of the best guys will be ones who were just fired too.

Actually, for Xmas i'd like a Xmas miracle -- the return of St. Gibbs. What? Christmas is about dreams isn't it?

:-)

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:00 am

I think I would give Lovie Smith a shot. I like Dennis Green, but he never had defense or discipline in Minnesota. It seems like he would get the same results as Turner and Spurrier. If the Steelers fire Cower, I want him in Washington. I want someone with emotion that gets his players fired up for games.

Hog

Postby tx_skins_fan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:01 am

That last post was mine. I forgot to sign in.
oops....sorry!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:40 am

I agree Dennis Green is a offensive guy, Lovie Smith is interesting...falls into the cag. of young guy making a name for himself...like John Fox, Del Rio, Lewis. Bosshog come on give it up these are not the 80's, Gibbs is gone, the only thing I like to see is DS confer with him privatly on how to be a professional sports owners. Gibbs has again proven his greatness as a Nascar owner. But it's a lot deeper with Gibbs.. first and formost Gibbs is a outstanding human being.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:13 pm

Gibbs is also consulting for the Falcons...we missed the boat on that one
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:17 pm

Anonymous wrote:If the Steelers fire Cower, I want him in Washington. I want someone with emotion that gets his players fired up for games.

I agree, I live in PA and watch Cowher when the skins arent' on, and I love the man,
What are the chances of Gruden getting canned, not likely but would also like to see him here.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:29 pm

Texas Hog wrote:Gibbs is also consulting for the Falcons...we missed the boat on that one

Actually, I believe Saint Gibbs is part owner isn't he?

And DeHog... I make light, because I don't see a lot of 'stout' coaching possibilities. I'm also not really all that into getting rid of SOS... just some of his staff. Not because I love SOS, but just because we have now 'built' around his 'genius' system and are as well suited to run it as anything.

The main coaching changes that I wanna see are Williams for Edwards and Grimm for Helton (if the Steelers clean house).

If the Steelers fired Cowher, he'd be a good choice but I'm not sure our team full of prima donnas would take kindly to it. Marty certainly wasn't very well received.

scooter

Postby Scooter » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:58 pm

Current guys I'd take -
1. Bill Belichick
2. Jeff Fisher

Dennis Green sucks the fuzz off Mike Tyson's zipper after a night at the gay bar.

Current unemployed guys -
1. Tom Coughlin

Others
1. Pete Carroll at USC
2. Gary Kubiak - Denver Assistant
3. Mike Singeltary - ex-NFLer
4. Russ Grimm - Oline coach w/ Steelers

-

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:03 pm

Your Right Boss...part of the reason DS is holding pat...interesting tough how all the rumor are swirling over a 5-10 coach??? :roll:

Postby aharman » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:15 pm

How about Jimmy Johnson? Can't rule him out, although he did once coach the enemy...

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:25 pm

Hey, as PC as it is not, JJ is definitely among the elite names in that list. I think he'd be better suited as a GM though.

Scooter.... you slay me man. How am I gonna shake that horrible planted visual... thanks.

The fact that there is ANY interest in a 5-10 coach shows just how thin the coaching ranks have become.

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:39 pm

Can you imagine Tom Coughlin coaching this team... WOW!!

And these guys thought Marty was tough, this dude would "put the wood" to these patsies and I would love it.

Lombardi, Brown, Halas, Ditka, Landry, Gruden... what is the common thread contained in each of these great coaches: It was toughness, a demanding style and the idea that they won't take any CRAP from overhyped and coddled players.

I know we'll see SOS roaming the sidelines again next season, but we need to bring in some toughness and NFL experienced coaches... so let's opt for this on the D and O lines and with the DC. :evil:
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

----

Postby HitDoctor » Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:26 pm

I don't care anymore. I'm tired of this coach "merry-go round"
it is what it is

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:20 pm

I don't care anymore. I'm tired of this coach "merry-go round"

i feel almost exactly like this. i want to give spurrier a chance, but 5-11 or 6-10, as compared to 7-9 with less offensive talent last year. spurriers offense hasn't done much at all, it just dosen't work. while i'm sick of the merry-go-round, i just feel that we haven't found "the guy" yet. another interesting stat about coughlin...... he shut marino OUT in his last game. the score was 62-0 i think.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football