What about the QB position

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

What about the QB position

Postby DEHog » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:41 am

Ok we've kick Champ around enough, let's talk about the offense. Am I the only one in this place that feels we (the Skins including Patrick) could use the services of a veteran backup QB on this team...now before you start beating me up and cursing me, here me out. I thought all season Ramsey looked a step slow, even more slow then last year. I kept asking Mark Maskse on his weekly chat about it and he ignored me.(seems you can't say anything negative about Ramsey around here) until the Skins revealed the injury. I again ask was the injury there all season and was told yes the injury has been there all season, which explains alot. Now if we had a veteran on the team (not Weuffel) It would serve two purposes first it would give Ramsey a mentor, one not wearing a coaching uniform. Second, are season would not be lost if he gets hurt. A couple of guys that come to mind are, Warner (I think he will want to much and want to start, but what a great role model) Brunell (still a little left in him). And we should send Hasselback over to the WFL for experience. Ok let me have it!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:12 am

I agree with everything you said DEHOG....but don't think SOS would appreciate the perceived competition from an experienced NFL QB. SOS would constantly think he was being undermined or having his coaching undermined. Remember...he's a freakin' "genius"! :roll:
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football