Is he crazy...????

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Sarcastic Hog

Is he crazy...????

Postby skinz74 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:31 am

Are You Ready for the Washington Warriors?
By Bryan Curtis
Posted Monday, May 6, 2002, at 3:00 PM PT

The Washington City Paper's Dave McKenna makes the case that Redskins owner Daniel Snyder might be preparing to rename his team the Washington Warriors. Among the evidence: The Skins will play next season in "throwback" uniforms. Problem is, in their 69-year history the Redskins have never worn any uniforms resembling the "throwback" edition.

Snyder trademarked the name Washington Warriors two years ago, explaining that he would use it for an Arena Football League team. But Snyder never assembled an AFL franchise, and AFL officials say he won't have one this year or next. And the Redskins' "throwback" helmet was first conceived as the helmet of his AFL Warriors.

Just found this...I know it's dated, but states the boundries Snyder will gladly drag his feet across to live his dream. I feel like vomiting. :puke:

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:58 am

b.s. rumor......I can't see it, it would be corporate suiside and DS knows it
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:04 am

Can you imagine the reprecussions if he did? JKC would be rolling in his grave. Would like to see the throwbacks become a mainstay, though. 'Twas a nice change.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:54 am

Throw the throwbacks back. I want my chief on the helmet where he has been since right after I began watching the team. I began in '69 with spear and the came the "R in the Circle", anyone remember that one.

I would like to see the burgandy (real burgandy not deep purple) and gold return. Gold pants were the coolest.

You start messing withh too much and before you know it you don't have a team anymore that people can identify with.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:05 pm

My thougts exactly Speek !!!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:11 pm

I don't really care about the uni's as much as I care about the name and winning. If he changes the name, I'm outta here, as I assume most will be. That Hog will not fly!
We'll miss you, Joe.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:48 pm

I just can't fly, even if they change the name to the Washington Pansies. Once a Redskins fan, always a Redskins/Pansies fan. I won't like any name change, but I gotta stick with em. It's in my blood.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:04 pm

I was once a Washington Bullets fan and now have no interest in the Wizards....what a stupid polically correct b.s. deal that was.

I don't think we have anything to worry about. DS has made some horrendous decisions, but that won't be one of them.
We'll miss you, Joe.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:22 pm

Me and Fran can't rub off our tattoos.

... we're branded for life. It'd just mean that I'd have to get the 'warrior' on my other arm.

I wouldn't be too happy about it... but tats are for life... and that's how long I'll be loving this team no matter what. I reserve my right to be unhappy with the state of the team, but I'll never give that devotion to any other.

That'd be some sort of sporting infidelity.

:-)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:09 pm

if that dumb ass owner of ours changes the name, I'll screw around and probably start watching more college football...and continue to root for whomever's playing the pukes!
We'll miss you, Joe.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:16 pm

I am a little partial to the Washington Wingmen. No reason really.

Seriously though, Snyder may not make the smartest football moves, in fact if he were a player he would have to play for the Raiders (see Callahan's comments). But the one thing he does know is where is bread is buttered and it is with the Redskins name and tradition. Let's remember that he is as big a fan as any of us.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:46 pm

I don't really care about the uni's as much as I care about the name and winning. If he changes the name, I'm outta here, as I assume most will be. That Hog will not fly!

that would be the last straw for me as well, if snyder wants to prove his devotion to the redskins, he put everything he's got into keeping the name the same, regardless of W's and L's. i haven't been collecting clippings, shirts and other things for the last ten plus years to root for the "warriors". i guess at that point i'd become just a football fan, i really don't want to root for another team. i guess everyone here would try to convince me why i should be a carolina fan, i just can't personally see me doing that though :roll:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:01 pm

I always thought he got the name in case the Redskins weren't allowed to use the name 'Redskins' any more.

Willingly changing the name would be proof positive that DS doesn't give a rat's ass about tradition etc.

However, this is old news, and never came to pass. Obviously nobody knows if it ever will, but I seriously doubt it. Through all of Snyder's mistakes, he's yet to make any that hurt his bottom line too much.

That would 'cause some serious mutiny.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby skins75 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:54 am

The name change will never happen. Being in advertising I can tell you (as you all have stated) that it would be suicide. To throw away the brand equity that the Redskins name has would cost DS dearly. Why do you think he fought so hard to keep the name? It will always be The Washington Redskins(at least in our lifetime).

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:39 am

Me and Fran can't rub off our tattoos.

... we're branded for life. It'd just mean that I'd have to get the 'warrior' on my other arm.

I hear ya, brother. I've already got a spot on my right arm picked....directly below the Skins logo.

Some day, I'll take a picture of my TAZ tat (wearing the good ol' #44 jersey) carrying a football stompin' on a Cowboys player's head with his eyes buggin' out....and post it (with Boss man's permission, of course).
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football